PlayStation Ska Talented Takeover: Red Signal

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by bowie87, Nov 21, 2020.

1. bowie87

bowie87 Member

The scenario "Talented Takeover" is not playable for me, as the very first signal shows red and doesn't change. Dispatcher denies my request.
    I submitted a ticket, no response so far. But I'm interested, that there are no more complaints about this issue. Train Sim World 2_20201118111500.jpg

2. TrainSim-Adam

TrainSim-Adam Staff Member

Hiya, Sorry that this appears to be an issue for you. I happen to be looking at the route myself and just checked this scenario on PC and Xbox (I don't have a PS4). For me, the signal is green when the scenario loads.

Can you open the settings menu and note the 'build number' located in the bottom right of the screen and post it here. Cheers

3. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I have the same issue on Xbox One X. The first signal will only turn green after a Talent 2 and ICE go through Düren. By the time this happens, you are due at the next station (signal goes green at nearly 12:19 - you have 9km to the next station, which is expecting you at this time). These two trains are taking priority before yours.

Tried scenario also in journey mode and using the scenario marker. Same red signal.

Build number: 130
    Platform: Xbox One X

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  4. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

On PSN it's the build number 149, released as version 1.14 of TSW 2 on November 5th.

5. TrainSim-Adam

Thanks for the confirmations on version numbers.

6. bowie87

bowie87 Member

Sorry for not answering earlier. I was too busy playing the game. ;-)
    Thanks for your help. Waiting for 12:18 was a good workaround.

7. bowie87

bowie87 Member

The issue is removed from the roadmap, stated "Can not reproduce". The bug is still there.

8. Slemcer

Maybe, if they are colour-blind or something. XD
    I see this as proof of an extremely poor performance, not even being able to acknowledge the problem. They might even tell us that they do not yet know how to solve it, but pretending that it cannot be reproduced is by far the worst excuse I've ever heard.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  9. TrainSim-Adam

Hiya,

I'm sorry this is not the outcome you wanted, but I can fully assure you that the issue was investigated. The scenario was checked on multiple hardware platforms and in multiple versions of the software, and none of the tests produced a red signal at the start. Unfortunately, if we cannot see the issue, we cannot identify what is at fault and cannot fix anything.

'Cannot Reproduce' does not mean it can never be looked into again, but it does mean we're going to need more information. If it is still occurring, then something is influencing the scenario that is not present in any of our configurations.

I can only recommend generating a support ticket at https://dovetailgames.kayako.com and providing as much information as you can. "The signal is red at the start of the scenario" is no longer enough information for us to go on.

10. Slemcer

TrainSim-Adam Thanks for your reply. It's really hard to understand how this issue does not show up during your tests. But I clearly understand that such behaviour makes any further investigation almost impossible.
    Of course I'm willing to provide as much information as possible. But what would be helpful? I mean, another screenshot of the red signal will probably not be enough.
    Maybe you could ask for a shareplay session? That's something which is supported by the Playstation network. But that would also just be like a video without the option to take a closer look at what's going on.

Edit: I'm seriously concerned that you don't seem to have the option to see the same like us gamers. That way you're most probably unable to investigate into other issues as well, and it should have a very high priority to remedy this situation.

Edit2: I'm not amused to see that we can't provide data directly from the Playstation console. The whole interface is designed for PC users only! That's not helpful, just the contrary to be honest.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  11. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Just like to say on build 169 (latest), it still happens on Xbox One X every time. Have MSB and RRO layers installed but don't think this makes any difference for scenarios.

12. bowie87

bowie87 Member

Hi TrainSim-Adam,

I just updated my support ticket and gave all the information I have. I also tried a clean install with only the tracks coming with the Collector's Edition on disc. Didn't help.

13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, I tried loading up this scenario (on PS4) today after previously completing it a while back to see if I had the same issue.

Every time I loaded the scenario, the signal in question was on green. Loaded from both the scenario menu and from Journey. So it’s clearly not an issue for every player.

14. bowie87

bowie87 Member

Interesting. Do you have Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr installed?

15. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Yes I’ve got all the preserved collection routes that add services to SKA and all the other German content apart from the 204. From TSW2, I don’t have HMA or the 363, in case that makes a difference.

16. bowie87

bowie87 Member

Could you please look, which build number your TSW 2 is? Are you on a PS4 Pro or the normal one?Many thanks!

17. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Standard PS4, TSW2 build number 171, version 1.16

18. bowie87

bowie87 Member

Thank you.
    @ TrainSim-Adam: Could this issue be related to the enhanced consoles PS4 Pro and Xbox One X? User stujoy is the only one, except you, who doesn't have this issue. He's on the base PS4. All other users experiencing the issue in this thread are playing on PS4 Pro or Xbox One X.

19. Slemcer

Seems worth investigating to me, although Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr might have some influence. I do not have this DLC.

20. TrainSim-Adam

This is great detail, thank you for the efforts to establish it. I have added it to the ticket for further investigation.

• Like Like x 1
  21. a.diebels

a.diebels New Member

I have this game since a few days and had the same issue on the ps4 pro. I luckely also have a normal ps4 (not pro) and installed it om that PlayStation and it worked fine. I had a green light. I copied the game data to my ps4 pro so i could move on to the next challenge. This challenge worked fine.

22. Vettz13

Vettz13 New Member

TrainSim Adam. Here is proof that it happened. Whether they appeared on your tests or not, it happened and STILL HAPPENS. It's been 4 months since this was first brought up. How come it's not fixed yet?

Attached Files:

23. jasonbushell83

jasonbushell83 New Member

I must admit, while I found this bug frustrating, I also quite enjoyed gunning it as fast as possible to overcome the lost time.

Also still getting this on PS4 Pro. Must be quite confusing for new players.

24. TrainSim-Adam

Hiya,

Yes, it remains the case that we are unable to reproduce the issue. Every platform we have tested (to my knowledge PC, PS4, PS5, XB1, XBX) the signal is green, so the player completes passenger boarding and then departs at 12:13.

We need to be able to reproduce the issue and step through what the code is doing to give a different result. Any information anyone can provide about their experiences with this issue and what their setup is, please do submit a support ticket to Kayako so we can continue to collate and try to find a trend.

25. bowie87

bowie87 Member

Hi Adam,

9 months later and we didn't make a step forward. As you can read in this thread the bug happens on the old enhanced consoles PS4 PRO and Xbox One X. I wrote a ticket last year with a lot of information. I'm not going to write it again.
    We are not talking about a PC game, where different hardware components could cause troubles.
    To reproduce the problem just take a PS4 Pro and the Collectors's Edition Disc. Quick and easy.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Slemcer

I understand that there may have been other pressing issues that needed to be taken care of, and perhaps also there was some hope that the situation would be resolved simply by updating to UE 4.26. But that is not the case, as we can see, and it is not acceptable to ask again to provide more information.
    The information is already available, so why is it being ignored? And why have tests been done on all other platforms, just not the ones that are affected?

• Like Like x 2
  27. smokeyjoe

smokeyjoe New Member

Just got the game on PS4 Pro (v1.45/build 145) and thankfully I found this thread eventually because I ran into the same issue. Had already tried everything else including starting again on a new profile before I found I just had to wait 5 mins.

I didn't have the issue when I played it before on PC, but as mentioned above it looks like this bug still hasn't been tested on PS4 pro.

28. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

The Talented Takeover scenario seems to be working again now (PS4 Pro). You get a green light straightaway.

29. TrainSim-Adam

YESSS.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  30. smokeyjoe

smokeyjoe New Member

Yep, also working for me now on PS4 Pro.

31. TrainSim-Adam

Thanks for the confirmations. Really pleased to hear that we've finally squashed this one.