Train Sim World 2 - Tharandter Rampe: Dresden – Chemnitz First Look!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Dec 17, 2021.

1. joerg.lange

joerg.lange Well-Known Member

Instant buy for me too... its my home route.

That's why I'll definitely be standing at Freiberg station tonight and waving when Matt passes by. ;)

• Like Like x 7
  2. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

Instant buy for me, who does not want to drive the tilting BR 612 on steep grades and tight curves! Plus the EC layers are a great plus as well.

• Like Like x 3
  3. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I am really interested in this and I am looking forward to the stream(s). But seeing how many routes I already own, it is hardbto justify for me sinking 30 quid in... I have content to play for ages, so I could easily wait until Tharandt goes on sale and don't get bored until then.

Let's see if I get flashed enough this evening to dedicate the full rice to it :D

• Like Like x 2
  4. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

Yes, me

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

You're a bit early with this nasty comment. It might be better to wait till you have at least seen the preview stream and heard the comments and answers of the devs.It's not over priced it costs what it costs, it's up to you to decide if you want it for this money (or at all) You also can wait, in a few yeas you get it for 50% of the current price. For Oakville I paid only 10%, so there is hope.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

If the preview looks good tonight then I’ll buy it Day one on PC. German routes are my favourite so it would have to be pretty bad for me not to enjoy it.

Can’t buy it on PS5 as I‘m right on the limit, adding a DLC causes stuff to go missing.

7. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

Let's hope that the PS5 DLC limit has the first fix by the time this DLC hits. It was said in the end of year Q&A that it was close to going into testing (May already be in there as Matt was not entirely sure on the current status)

8. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I’m in two minds about this one.

On one hand the PS5 DLC issue is a real problem for me, since I’m maxed out on installed DLC with routes that I either play or provide layers to a DLC I play.

On the other hand I look forward to a new piece of technology (tilt), it’s also a modern DMU, which I’ve been waiting for, for quite some time now, also from what Joe has said so far, there’s some pretty interesting details to look forward too with this DLC in terms of AI.

I certainly look forward to tonight’s preview, the 612 is mostly likely going to be another Goltz special, so I’m confident in that respect, however DTG have not been fairing so well on the technical aspect with their DLC.

If the route is in a solid state, I will be looking for a DLC to remove in its place, however if I hear the words “this will be resolved after release” or “didn’t make it in time for release” then I’ll be passing until a sale, DTG have played that card too many times the last 12 months.

• Like Like x 4
  9. mldaureol2

mldaureol2 Well-Known Member

Release date just announced as 13 January.
    Mike.

• Like Like x 3
  10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I have every confidence in the 612 as a train. But there's way more to a route than just one train!

• Like Like x 1
  11. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

I am very happy

• Like Like x 5
  12. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

I don't usually buy German TSW2 until they're reduced but this one may change that, it looks like a really nice route and the tilting train looks cool.

• Like Like x 2
  13. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Pre-ordered. Very rare move for me but I have high hopes I won’t be disappointed.

14. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

Will GNT be included for BRD in the future? It would be a preparation for the ICE T and would also give layers for the Br612 if it ever drove
    on the route

• Like Like x 2
  15. Lime

Lime Member

It doesn‘t exist on BRD. Only a few routes across Germany are equipped with GNT.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Yeah, can't find any info on GNT being on Riesa - Dresden. Interestingly Aschaffenburg-Nantenbach (just after Lohr) on MSB seems to have it, though I don't know if this also was the case in the year MSB is set, before the rebuild.

• Like Like x 1
  17. leexiheng#5142

leexiheng#5142 New Member

Right now BR612 is already featured in Dresden - Chemnitz route, I hope DTG can continue to collaborate with TSG Maik to make the ICE T in future either in a DLC trainset or a new German route.

• Like Like x 3
  18. drnicktgm#1259

Maybe if they would do Leipzig-Riesa, than the ICE T would be worth to make with the route, than we would have the complete Dresden-Leipzig route

• Like Like x 1
  19. jolojonasgames

Seems fitting to link my Leipzig - Riesa suggestion with the ICE-T (and IC 2 and S-bahn Mitteldeutschland Talent 2) here then ;).

Leipzig - Riesa has quite a different character to Riesa - Dresden, being LZB equipped and having speeds of up to 200 km/h, but all services, fast and slow, share the same tracks. Then there's the area around Leipzig with the main station being approached by the old tracks into the main hall from the north, on which most RE/RB and some other services go, while S-bahn, IC and ICE services use the southern approach through the tunnel already known from Rapid Transit (those stations being modelled there already will help lower developement costs). Hopefully, if mergers become a thing, this will mean Dresden - Leipzig services are possible, but the most interesting potential lies in the Leipzig Hbf's main hall from Leipzig - Riesa would be connected to Rapid Transit, aswell as several freight yards. This would finally help give Rapid Transit RE/RB and even long distance passenger services (though some of the latter would be AI only) and also some freight, finally bringing that route the life and variety it deserves.

[​IMG]
    A routemap that clearly shows the two approaches into Leipzig Hbf, one of this routes selling points. Probably should update this map someday to also include the connections to Rapid Transit and Riesa - Dresden.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  20. drnicktgm#1259

I love these kind of routes with mixed traffic like Highspeed lines, regional and freight, please make it happen DTG :D

• Like Like x 1
  21. jolojonasgames

Admittedly, there is a lot of those mixed traffic modern electric lines in TSW already. This one does have some unique selling points, as per my previous post (mainly the network around Leipzig, the uniqueness of the included rolling stock and above all the potential to turn Rapid Transit, Leipzig - Riesa and Riesa - Dresden into a combined route that is greater in gameplay potential than the sum of its parts). However, also to get back on topic, I'm incredibly happy with Dresden - Chemnitz, as it's winding curves and the BR 612 being a DMU offer some much needed variety to the game, as it finally isn't a mainline with only modern electric trains. However ther also is a long way to go in increasing TSW's variety still. I think adding routes such as Riesa - Leipzig that fit the current style of route (which is still popular mind you), should be very carefully balanced with adding more 'refreshing' and unique routes that offer some new style of gameplay potential.

• Like Like x 2
  22. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Dresden-Chemnitz is - as has been mentioned above - a big move in the right direction considering the (lack of) variety of German routes in the game. Finally something that isn’t a mainline, although DRA also had some nice variety with the Meißen branch in this regard. A route including Leipzig would certainly be cool because we’d finally have a chance to visit the Hauptbahnhof after being forced to descend into a tunnel before reaching it in Rapid Transit.
    Nonetheless, I hope we get away from that region after having two routes in a row with Dresden. The Ruhr region also really has enough routes already. Why not have a look a the northeast (dare I say Berlin) or the very south of Germany. I feel like HMA didn’t really represent the beauty of Bavaria. It’s a very sterile mainline, and I haven’t returned to it often after first purchasing the route. Why not try something near the Bavarian forest (towns like Regensburg, Plattling, Landshut) or the border with Austria (Rosenheim, Salzburg, Passau). Or have a look at the Bodensee. Lots of amazing route possibilities there. Radolfzell-Friedrichshafen, something with Lindau’s amazing Inselbahnhof etc.

• Like Like x 9
  23. solicitr

In TSC there is the Mittenwaldbahn, Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Innsbruck, and that would make a great Austro-Bavarian Alpine route (they even run weekend sightseeing ICEs on it)

• Like Like x 3
  24. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

Despite this route setting a few years back, will it include a.i. services for Riesa - Dresden map around Dresden Hbf area such as the S3 and IRE for example? I’m looking forward to Tharandter Rampe and try out the DB BR 612 and the S3.

• Like Like x 1
  25. joerg.lange

joerg.lange Well-Known Member

I loved that in the TS days. I used to drive from Münschen to Garmisch-Patenkirchen and then on to Innsbruck - a great journey. I dearly miss these routes in TSW.

• Like Like x 3
  26. jeremy#2905

jeremy#2905 Member

I would love to see an extension to Leipzig, and then a merger with rapid transit and Dresden-Riesa, and possibly in the future an extension from bitterfield to Berlin. I know that virtual tracks made the Berlin to Leipzig route for train sim classic which was fantastic and one of my favourite routes. If dtg could team up with virtual tracks to build these two extensions that would make a really good long run.

• Like Like x 1
  27. OldVern

They could also do something around Osnabruck. Used to love the fact on the old D trains from Hook Of Holland to Copenhagen, you passed through the station twice! Once on the low level, then went round the avoiding line and then through the high level platforms.
    Another area which was good in Zusi 2 was the Obereruhrtalbahn, Very scenic and a few branch lines around Brilon, etc. In fact the Zusi default route from Altenbeken down towards Ottbergen would look good. And of course the Daddy of them all - the Rhine Valley from Koln down towards Koblenz. Really surprised that hasn't already put in an appearance.

28. drnicktgm#1259

The best thing about the route is the scenery, it would look much cooler on TSW than on TS, so it will give us a great driving experience

• Like Like x 2
  29. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I would happily join you, if you make a new suggestion with these routes :)

• Like Like x 1
  30. solicitr

If they do it, they really should include the spur from Murnau to Oberammergau this time

• Like Like x 2
  31. OldVern

Why is the time dragging? Roll on 1800 UTC Thursday!

• Like Like x 2