Tharandter Rampe: Dresden - Chemnitz 13/1/22

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Tynmar, Dec 16, 2021.

1. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

So the trophies have appeared with the update today.

I can’t wait for this route purely for the tilt action

normally loathe “when’s this route coming out” threads as they have a habit of getting out of control.

surprise drop on the 23rd?? Yes please.

possible theory It wasn’t ready in time and will be early in the new year.

answers on a DB red livery postcard :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Half agree. It will come out at the end of Jan/early Feb, but that was always the scheduled release date.

3. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

I’ll take half agree over mostly disagree ;)

it’s really not coming this year, silly me always gets my hopes up. Will keep an eye out for the streams and look forward to the first preview :)

4. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

No chance of a 23rd release, or even a 30th release, it wasnt in next arrival and no roadmap for 4 weeks, plus DTG are starting to wind down for christmas.

I'd say mid to late jan for release.

Be a nice surprise though and one I'm certainly looking into getting :)

5. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

6. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Ok the teasing gets worse, PS4 version of the game now shows 0.1% on each trophy?

cant be live testing can it?
    Anyone in OZ seem anything special on the store? ;)

7. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

They don't need to hurry this DLC. I finally tried this game again after reading the red light problems were solved. I finally discovered an almost descent working version of London Commuter. Almost half a year after it's launch. It reminded me of an argument I had with a third party developer that mentioned that most players wait for the sales to buy new DLC. I now understand why. The DLC finally works when it's on sale. Matt promised changed for future DLC so with this DLC I hope they prove they are taking a new direction. The game feels more stable. Let's hope this won't fall apart again with the release of a new interesting route.

8. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

Day one

• Like Like x 2
  10. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

I don’t do day one anymore what with all the recent issues. I hope you early adopters enjoy beta testing this route and finding out what’s wrong with it.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I no longer buy anything on day one. Been let down too many times. You can only kick a dog so many times before it refuses to come back for more.

• Like Like x 4
  12. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

It'll be a purchase when in a sale for me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

14. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Just coming to the end of the stream, enjoyable and first stream watched in full for some time now. Nothing glaring issue wise for me. Nice to see both the tilt and scenery in action.

ukpetey blank quotes aside, apologies. Wish us luck, although care using the term beta testers, I don’t want my thread locked nor hijacked ;)

Mat_Jam_Ca hope the buses are treating you well and enjoying the new role. Agree too many times similar to yourself instant regret but fingers crossed for a smoother release than those in the last.

marcsharp2 PS plus discount couldn’t tempt you? Not confirmed but I’m hoping, even if it’s a few quid.

15. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Looks nice but Matt said it was about 6gb on his PS5. I'd have to remove two of the earlier routes to accommodate that and I've not many on there to start with. I looked at it tonight, thought it was good, but the PS5 issues have really took an effect on my general level of interest and i'm struggling to warrant spending any more money on it until something drastically changes

• Like Like x 6
  16. Choo choo

Choo choo Well-Known Member

They for some reason on the BR 612 didn't implement that really nice QOL change when pressing circle and having both SIFA and PZB enabled... whereas it's active on all trains native to Riesa-Dresden - what gives?

17. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

hey TinTin Yeeeehhttttt. Sorry that was me tripping over ;)

which other PS5 issues out of interest?
    DLC limit you mention. This route has trophies as you may have read from my excited earlier posts.

I was in a similar boat a few weeks ago and barely touched the game but starting to play more and more again, not sure why :o

18. TinTin_57

Sandpatch crashes every time I use external camera, lots of London commuter crashes since the December update. I did a video today where I talk about it. Just going through a spell of not really playing at all unfortunately

19. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

It's definitely on my wishlist but I probably will hold off until a few patches have come out. I watched the stream and I doubt if the performance will be there on day one on gen 8. I saw some performance issues on the stream and it was on PS5. It again was a stream that looked like footage you would expect from a PS4 Pro. Yes it's a pre release build but I've seen in the past that the preview build is even a later build than the one that is being released.

20. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

For me it's the UK stuff I'm guaranteed to get as a day one release, I don't know anything about German Railways or rolling stock so I usually buy them when they are reduced in a sale, I've enjoyed them all that I've purchased in the past but it's always at reduced price.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

sandpatch really? I’ve never had any trouble there
    London commuter did blue screen on my once over Xmas, couldn’t believe it.

will have a go with SPG later and see if I suffer the same

fingers crossed this route it’s smooth from the moment a timetable loads for both 4 and 5 users.

22. TinTin_57

Yeah tried running Fully Fuelled several times now, same results

23. solicitr

Must be a Playstation thing; never had a problem with FF on PC.

24. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Having a crack at the PS4 version as the 5 is currently in limbo with regards to downloading off the store, there is already another thread on this here and DTG are aware.

Now I’m curious about the power/brake combo lever. It takes 16 seconds to reach 100% when wishing to accelerate, Yet a mere 7 seconds to reach 100% for the brake side. Is this normal? Makes it feel slow and sluggish to get moving.

Also grumble grumble at low res image for the route map placement. This was the first one on the route intro

11D335D3-C401-4165-B411-8E4DA07D1DFC.jpeg

25. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Was probably done in livery designer :D

26. solicitr

It's a diesel. It won't accelerate like an electric. And, yes, braking is faster (esp since the 612, like most modern German passenger rigs, uses e/p brakes).

27. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

That's prototypical.

• Like Like x 5
  28. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

:) I know what it is, my query was more to how long it takes to get the stick at the desired percentage, if normal etc. which it seems it is.

Lovely thank you Maik :cool:

29. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

placing route maps on the PS5 version….. drum roll

you can actually read these ones!!! Not sure why the 4 version looks so poor.

time to run a timetable and see how smooth things run in general.

low horn on the 612 makes me chuckle, like a long version of a clown horn with some saxophone thrown in, sounds very musical, SAXony must play a part in this. Jezzz im tired.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  30. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Grumble grumble again. Noticed and not sure how it’s taken me so long to spot this.

It’s only got 8 trophies, all routes in the past have had 10.

One thing that’s starting to play on my mind is Matt saying the level of detail and effort wasn’t as much as the previous Dresden route when driving in the dark.

has anyone noticed night time driving isn’t as good or clear as Nahverkehr? Or am I just looking to be disappointed as I am aware the effort and time wasn’t put in?

why wasn’t the effort consistent? And why did you have to say it on the stream? Managing expectations?

Queue Matt telling me the amount of man hours per route and this info blows me away the time spent per route purely on lighting :)

31. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

The night lighting of Riesa-Dresden was done by two external contractors who spent a lot of time on it. The night lighting of Dresden-Chemnitz was done by DTG and tried to incorporate what they could learn from the contractors (within reason).

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

gotcha thanks for sharing this. Guess time, effort and a totally different approach. Makes sense now.