Amazing London Commuter Timetable

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by robert_LH, Jan 6, 2022.

1. robert_LH

robert_LH Member

Hi there,

after playing the London Commuter/Brighton Mainline DLC for many hours I just want to say how much I appreciate the efforts which went into this and especially the fabulous and comprehensive timetable.

Just wow!!!

Does anyone know who specifically created this?

And is there anything else plannend in comparable quality in the future?
    I‘m totally hooked on to this.

So thanks DTG and to the person who put so much time into this.

Best regards,
    Robert

• Like Like x 4
  2. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

It was made by Joethefish who appeared on the previews treams. Given the sheer amount of work and time he put into it, I doubt we'll see a timetable quite like it for a while but I'd be happy to be surprised. It's a very nice timetable.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

The London Commuter timetable was created by a guy called Joe. He's on the forums as joethefish.

• Like Like x 2
  4. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

From what we understand Joe disappeared almost completely into obscurity for 5 months. Friends, family, work colleagues all believed he had been kidnapped but then he appeared from the timetable flames like a DTG phoenix with this masterpiece.

• Like Like x 4
  5. robert_LH

robert_LH Member

Thanks guys for the info.

Well, Joe if you read this: You are my personal hero :D

Please keep up your amazing work! I would love to see more of this in the future.

6. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Glad you like it mate :D 5 months of work worth it lol
    lmao yeah all thanks to working from home haha. It's just so tempting to carry on into the night... and weekends

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I just wish I could play the route on my PS5 without the constant crashing and stuttering. I love the route, but I keep avoiding it because I don’t know whether the service/scenario can be completed. I haven’t completed a single scenario because of the crashing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Yes the work is appreciated but let down by the core game simply being unable to cope with the volume of traffic and the almost invariable failed save game reload.

9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Sometimes quantity has a quality all its own.

If you look at it objectively, BML really is just an A-B route, with a little 5-minute spur off to Reigate. But the huge mass of traffic moving at all times, and the effect that all this has on pathing and signaling, means that rarely does one ever feel that one is just repeating the same old thing (looking at you, GWE). It's a different experience every time.

Looking at my numbers, I find that since it released I have played BML more than all other routes combined. It's just so much fun!

[FWIW, once they fixed the Brighton platform crash I haven't had a crash since. The only real performance issue now, for me, is a massive framerate slowdown when entering East Croydon]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  10. robert_LH

robert_LH Member

Does this depend on which system (PC/Play Station) one uses for playing TSW2?

I use a PC and have no problem with the amount of traffic.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I'm not having any problems with the route itself, gameplay is fine. What's missing are the " rush hour passengers " which makes it feel very ghostly. Driving to and from Victoria at 8am with mostly empty trains kills the immersion for me.
    Nobody got on or off my London to Gatwick service, yet planes were flying in. Guess they were empty too.

12. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

This is on PC though resuming a saved game is I believe a cross platform issue. The majority of times I've tried resuming a BML run it has either failed to reload the next objective in the top LH screen corner, or you run so far then come up against a red signal after running a few miles. Reference to the 2D map shows all trains in the area standing at red signals locked up.

By contrast on Cane Creek where there are only a handful of trains at any one time I have now successfully resumed the same scenario about six times, as I work through it.

As I say this is no criticism of the actual timetable, but slightly fewer trains might have improved the reliability until/if DTG get round to fixing the save game algorithms.

13. solicitr

If you are on PC you can bump up the passenger density ( to "tourists in the Sistine Chapel" or even "Tokyo subway" level, if you want) with a couple of .ini tweaks

14. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

I suppose being a proper terminus to terminus also helps a lot

15. robert_LH

robert_LH Member

I enjoy the terminus to terminus concept as well.

• Like Like x 1
  16. solicitr

Fair point.

17. Crosstie

It has occurred to me, but I keep expecting the update which would add the passengers. It was promised within " weeks not months " if I recall correctly.

18. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think that’s before they realised it wasn’t stable on most console types.

19. Crosstie

Which begs the question: what can we expect with future commuter routes such as the Harlem Line? I guess Boston was a " teaser " which we may never see again.

I've been fine with the " parity " policy regarding consoles, but, if DTG can't figure out how to create a stable game on PS5, are rush hour passengers and other new features going to be withheld forever?

• Like Like x 1
  20. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

Given that passenger numbers can be easily adjusted, I wonder why DTG don’t just create a slider in the options menu which allows each player to adjust their passenger numbers. That way people with systems which can deal with it can have the busy feel, while those whose systems struggle can improve performance by lowering numbers.