Changing Opacity On Reticle.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mike, Apr 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mike

Mike New Member

When I started the game I found a setting to control the opacity of the dot reticle/cursor. I'd like to alter it again but can't find the option.
    Does anyone know where it is please?

2. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

Hi Mike
    I've been looking for a similar option but in order to turn the center dot off. In the PC version you can control the opacity of the center dot and turn it completely off but this option is not available on the Xbox. Not sure if the option (on the PC) pertains to the cursor as well.
    Was it during the installation of the game or initial setup? I don't think I came across this option during my install.

3. Mike

Mike New Member

Hi Gamborg,
    Can't remember. I installed on a one s and was able to lower the opacity but have not seen the option when I installed on my one x.
    They have patched it since first install. I'm wondering if they've removed it?

4. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

According to the devs, there's no ability to adjust the reticule opacity at this time but we hear that you guys would like the option and i'll see if we're able to get this in there in our next update :)

- Jay

• Like Like x 5
  5. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

That would be great, Jay! Thanks! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

Yes please, this is very much needed! Especially for those of us whose eyes don't see as well as they use to. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

TrainSim-Luke
    Hi Luke. With TSW now fully released for the consoles do you know of any plans to bring the HUD customization options from the PCs to Xbox and PS4? Especially in terms of added realism to the simulator it would be great to be able to turn the center dot off plus gamerscore and other things one might not need during the drive. From Jay's previous post it sounded like it was on it's way.
    Thanks. :)

8. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

Hi Gamborg
    I just poked Matt about this as I've had a couple of people this morning asking about the HUD in consoles. He does want to get options in on the consoles but there's no timeframe for this at the moment. The team are looking into it

• Like Like x 3
  9. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

Glad to hear it's on the list, hopefully that means we get the options one day. I find that the more of the HUD I can turn off the better the driving experience. When possible I drive the Class 66 and the GP38-2 completely without the HUD (F1 on an external keyboard) but for the passenger services there are some essentials on the HUD which you need like the clock and distance to destination. Having the option to turn all the other stuff off would be great.

Thanks for the quick reply, Luke. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

TrainSim-Luke
    Do you know if there is any news on HUD customization on the consoles?

11. WiSchmo

WiSchmo Active Member

I am not sure if this works for XBox, but on the PS4 you can just attach a USB keyboard and then use the same shortcuts the PC version uses: should be CRTL+1 through 8

12. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

Unfortunately that doesn’t work. I have a USB keyboard attached but I can only use F1 to turn everything completely off.

Does the PC shortcuts for customizing the HUD actually work on PS4?

13. WiSchmo

WiSchmo Active Member

I think some buttons don't work, if you actually want to drive the train with the keyboard instead of the controller. I only use it to turn off the HUD, and that works fine