This Game Is Brilliant!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by abbot#8184, Jan 9, 2022.

1. abbot#8184

abbot#8184 New Member

Just popping up a quick post to say that this game is fantastic! Been playing for awhile and just done a run on the arosaline and had so much fun! Love the detail and overall experience.

There's a lot of suggestions for improvements on the forum, which are usually valid with the bugs and whatnot, but it can lead to feeling like a negative view overall on the game so just wanted to post a big yay to balance things out for those seeing this at DTG!

Also a big fan of London commuter as there my local line and the detail on it is great!

• Like Like x 26
  2. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Thanks! Great to hear you're enjoying the game so much! The recent update for Arosa has certainly renewed my interest in that route.

Appreciate the post, thank you :)

• Like Like x 5
  3. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

[QUOTE = "abad # 8184, publicación: 435608, miembro: 31138"] ¡Solo aparece una publicación rápida para decir que este juego es fantástico! ¡He estado jugando por un tiempo y acabo de correr en el arosaline y me divertí mucho! Me encantan los detalles y la experiencia en general.

Hay muchas sugerencias para mejoras en el foro, que generalmente son válidas con los errores y demás, pero pueden llevar a sentir una visión negativa en general del juego, así que solo quería publicar un gran ¡yay para equilibrar las cosas para aquellos que ven! esto en DTG!

¡También soy un gran admirador de los viajeros de Londres, ya que hay mi línea local y los detalles son geniales! [/ QUOTE]
    Es el mejor simulador del mercado.

• Like Like x 1
  4. universal.chris

universal.chris Active Member

435608, Member: 31138 "] Just a quick publication to decide that this game is fantastic! I've been playing for a while and I just ran in the arosaline and I had a lot of fun! I loved the details and the experience in general.

There are many suggestions for improvements in the forum, which are generally valid with errors and others, but they can lead to a negative view in general in the game, so I just wanted to publish a great deal to balance things out for those who come ! I'm on DTG!

I'm also a great admirer of London travelers, and there's my local line and the details are great! [/ QUOTE]
    It is the best simulator on the market.

-google translate
    edit: I had Google translated Kekanha's post to English, he has since edited his post to be English

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I reinstalled the game last night so I could use the Class 20 again.

So I loaded up the TVL route, I selected the Class 20 and I picked the PGA limestone wagon service. Now, I've owned the Class 20 DLC since it was released and I've never noticed this before, but the coupling physics in the PGA wagons are brilliant. I can't believe I've never noticed before. You can actually snatch the couplings of the train as you start off and as you prepare to brake you can close in the slack in the train so the wagons won't shunt you forwards when you brake.

I'd love to see this brought into the other UK wagons on TVL and NTP that have the instantor coupling but I know that will probably never happen.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

New Member here too, just wanted to second that! I've been through flightsimming some years ago and just found this gem on the PS Store. Far too old to be a "fanboy", the sim is awesome, it totally rocks. Despite some glitches which I understand fall under the category "there's-no-perfect-software". As long as they're adressed, fine with me.

• Like Like x 2
  7. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you that the game is pretty awesome. Sure it has flaws and there are times I want to throw my controller at the screen, but at the end of the day I’ve put waaaay more hours into this than any game in the last 2 years so that tells you what you need to know.

Also the staff is pretty engaged with the community in general which is great.

I am also someone who was into flight simulators years ago but sort of moved away when I stopped PC gaming and moved to console (where there traditionally is no flight sims… the new one on Xbox being an exception, and I can’t find an XSX to play it).

• Like Like x 1
  8. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Welcome abbot#8184

It's an amazing game, I'm so glad you're enjoying it. Like everything in life, it's not perfect but you can see the passion the developers put into it.

I also think we're very lucky to be able to enjoy a high quality train related product on console as these types of games have always been more of a PC territory.

Then there's the great community it has, with real enthusiasts of the railway world and with an incredible level of knowledge. I've learned a lot about trains thanks to them and I'm very fond of some of them even though I don't know them personally. And these forums are full of life and with an incredible feedback, although there are times when we get very passionate but almost always cordiality and respect reigns. And it's also nice that DTG members (as for example you've seen Matt in this thread replying to you), who offer information and help and get very involved.

For me TSW was love at first sight when I discovered it, and here I am still in love with it several years later, and all that remains for me to enjoy it! :love:

• Like Like x 7
  9. lewismarien

lewismarien New Member

Hey everyone! I'm a new person to these forums as well...
    Despite some bugs that I'm sure others have echoed, I enjoy the game too!

It's been a LONG time since I played (last one was MSTS), so it's amazing to see how these games have evolved over the years.

10. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Lovely to see all those positive comments! TSW2 is really an amazing game, the experience is really cool! It has not always been good but DTG is really working very hard on the game, its not easy too to release that sort of game on consoles! I've been playing TSW since its first release and the team made lot of improvements, really excited for the future of the game!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

I hear you. Microsoft has done many stupid moves over the years. One of them was certainly to close the MS Flightsimulator Offices after FSX. That threw a marvellous simming community into an orphanage. I had a good time with Project Tupolev, doing many of their liveries, paint kits and gauge designing
    These sims were incredible resource hogs (they still are) and CTDs were routine.
    I´m amazed to see the progress in sim design and especially enjoy the german routes with their awesome level of details. Keep them coming! :)