What New Country You Want To See Next In Tsw2?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kosti.nuuja, Feb 13, 2021.

?
  1. Ireland

32 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. The Netherlands

82 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. Belgium

17 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. Austria

64 vote(s)
    11.7%
  5. Australia

35 vote(s)
    6.4%
  6. China

12 vote(s)
    2.2%
  7. Japan

105 vote(s)
    19.3%
  8. Finland

14 vote(s)
    2.6%
  9. Sweden

17 vote(s)
    3.1%
  10. Norway

23 vote(s)
    4.2%
  11. Denmark

18 vote(s)
    3.3%
  12. Italy

32 vote(s)
    5.9%
  13. Spain

24 vote(s)
    4.4%
  14. Someone else, what?

70 vote(s)
    12.8%
  1. simworld#5272

simworld#5272 Member

South Korea, Seoul Subway Line 2.

2. xi haoyu china

xi haoyu china Active Member

Yes

3. davidus#4217

davidus#4217 Well-Known Member

Even tho I'd really love to see a Dutch route, you're probably right and I wouldn't be suprised if we never get to see a Dutch route added to TSW2

• Like Like x 1
  4. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Brazillll Pleaseeeeeee.

Subway São Paulo Line 1 Blue (Linha 1 Azul do Metrô de São Paulo)

5. cyrill.kroonstuiver

cyrill.kroonstuiver Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I think I'm gonna have to agree with you.
    Despite the clear demand we're a difficult case to sell. I'd hoped the extremely active TS20xx hobby mod community creating routes such as 'T Hart van Nederland as well as both Christrains and Dutch Classics' popularity as rolling stock creators would have proven the demand for a Dutch route beyond a doubt, but so far I'm not particularly hopeful on DTG's part.

There has been some discussion on the PC Discussion forum though about better including 3rd parties where Matt from DTG encouraged 3rd party creators to try and get in touch again for discussions about this stuff, but I doubt there's gonna be a collaboration.
    It would have to be DTG that decides to make a Dutch route with Christrains' help and Christrains making the rolling stock but given Christrains' correspondence with a user on this forum, although it has been addressed by Matt on that thread, it doesn't seem likely as TSW is a whole lot more work from Christrains and he does not seem to be convinced of the higher earning potential from making TSW content rather than TS20xx content despite Matt stating that so far TSW content outearns TS20xx content by a lot for 3rd parties even with the sharing of the add-on's income.

That being said, as I've alluded to, even IF Christrains and/or Dutch Classics could be persuaded to make Dutch content for TSW, they're still only rolling stock creators, although Christrains has made some basic assets as well. It would still be on DTG's part to actually create most of the route itself and so choosing a Dutch route is still on them. It's either that, or Christrains should team up and collaborate with another studio that handles the route building, but that would mean he'd have to share his part of the income with them too leaving even less for his efforts so I'd consider that unlikely. But truth is, we have no professional Dutch route building studios, only rolling stock ones.
    And as I said, that leaves us pretty much only with DTG to take it upon themselves to make a Dutch route and learn all Dutch mechanics and stuff and hire Christrains as a 2nd party (which is a construct DTG does do) for the details and knowledge sharing and rolling stock creation.
    Matt has made it clear though that DTG does not work in a collaboration construct in which DTG is the one contracted as the 2nd party by the other studio, so the important part is to sell it well to DTG so they start the project and contract Christrains on their own initiative.

Else somehow our Dutch hobby studios should somehow try to turn into a real studio and make an actual route? But that would leave me quite worried about the actual quality of the end-product. That and, that studio that would've formed that, those people still need to eat but the earnings only start coming in once the route is completed, so that's not as easy as it sounds.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  6. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

For me personally, Denmark is a must have. Just because it’s new signalling, fantastic scenery, and a lot more diesel traction (especially on Jylland). Really would love to see Aalborg to Aarhus (or Randers) but any Danish route would be a thumbs up from me. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

Some Aussie routes are pretty bland, such as this (that said though it is the longest straight track in the world)[​IMG]
    However other routes such as those in the major cities are incredibly busy, such as this in Sydney
    [​IMG]
    This in Brisbane
    [​IMG]
    And this in Melbourne
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You are missing Western Australia Perth I actually have a suggestion for the Area Mandurah Line.

9. oakleymoss#1362

oakleymoss#1362 Well-Known Member

Wales

• Like Like x 1
  10. ChaliceOf42Souls

ChaliceOf42Souls New Member

Ireland, just search Ireland and you can find some great suggestions for the routes and how diffrent types of locomotives and scenery will make if feel unique.

11. ChaliceOf42Souls

ChaliceOf42Souls New Member

I think New Zealand would make a good unique addition and would be interesting.

• Like Like x 2
  12. michellepeyton123

michellepeyton123 New Member

Northern Ireland

• Like Like x 1
  13. driverwoods#1787

it's still part of the United Kingdom using AWS TPWS DSD DRA systems except for the Track Gauge 5ft 3in 1.6m instead of 4ft 8.5 in 1.435m

14. Mitchellman151

Mitchellman151 Member

Would love a Welsh or Japanese route!

15. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Falkland Islands used to have a steam Railway, that would be cool.

And is a country or should we class Germany, France, Netherlands, Belguim etc as just the EU, which if so then they are covered no?

There are certainly some beautiful routes around the world although the industrial routes are cool to. Isn't the longest freight in the world in Australia? That would be cool to see don't know how practical it would be though.

Someone mentioned about Wales on the GWE with the GWE being in the game. Yeah right, less than a third is in.

I'd love to see Wales and yes the GWE, Cardiff - Didcot (I know England would be involved to). Failing that Northern Ireland, even though I'm from the UK I don't know much about the Northern Ireland railway.

16. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

The United Kingdom is a Sovereign State made up of 3 Countries (England, Scotland, Wales) and a Province/Territory/Region (some call it a country). The UK isn't a country (in the typical sense) and the different parts have very distinct scenery and unique railways.
    (That's a factually-based statement, before I get flamed for it)

Plus, the track gauge, Rolling Stock, scenery and stations are all unique, so why not.
    The only thing that is the same is Safety Systems, as you say (I haven't fact checked this), which is something which many - especially causals - don't care about (hence why most people ignore it in suggestions, for example).

People have always asked for "Welsh Routes!", even in this thread, and - pre-cathcart - the same went for Scotland.

Did you - or anyone - shoot them down for that?

• Like Like x 1
  17. driverwoods#1787

They actually use EU Railway regulations and the ETCS which is going to be the new standard for European Union countries Railway signalling. For Germany you're looking at SLE Schnellfahrstrecke Leipzig Erfurt SNE Schnellfahrstrecke Nürnberg-Ebensfeld-Erfurt Austria SWSK Schnellfahrstrecke Wien St Polten part of the Westbahn Salzburg Wien Hbf. LGV3 HSL3 Belgium having ETCS it's actually hinted inside SLA DB BR406 due to the ETCS switch in the Cab

18. dhekelian

So your saying when asked about adding new countries we should class all EU countries as a whole like you do with the UK? Personally I would not but going by your reasoning there is no choice? See what I mean?

Wales might be part of the UK and the UK is the sovereign nation but in terms of differences I class all UK countries to be different like I do EU countries.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Frossty Official

Frossty Official New Member

It would be nice to see Australian routes.

20. jdavison#3053

jdavison#3053 New Member

I need to see suburban and metro routes in France, preferably those in the city of Paris and the outskirts. Many people from all over the world go to this city every year for tourism, and for that reason it would have to be one of the best-known transport networks in the world, and in this game they have only added a sad high-speed route with 3 stations.....:(

21. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I mean to be fair, most people don't go to Paris for the Train System, I'd imagine. I doubt many people give it a thought.

Although it would be nice.

• Like Like x 1
  22. cyrill.kroonstuiver

Yeah, that's kind of the point with France isn't it? When it comes to train fanning, not that France doesn't have fantastic options, but it's only really known for the TGV/LGV. In that sense people are way more drawn to Japan.
    For suburban metro of course also the Chicago L-train, but that's USA, and we're talking new countries here.

Personally, as I've expressed before, on this thread too, it'd gotta be Japan or the Netherlands (why not both? :D)
    However, there's this show in the Netherlands called Rail Away, and it shows beautiful scenic mostly tourist routes from across the world.
    They actually post shortened cuts from their full episodes on youtube, and although it's spoken in Dutch without subtitles, you can still enjoy the scenery and get a feel.
    I'd really like to see the 2 Japanese routes they covered appear in TSW one day :)
    Though if you check the channel you'll certainly find numerous wonderful options.

• Like Like x 4
  23. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Oh I don't know. Thoroughly enjoyed a trip down from Paris to Nimes via Clermont Ferrand a few years ago (Cevenol Line?). Those old SNCF diesels scream nicely and the scenery was superb. The line along the Riviera is very nice too.

24. kjeld.dejager

kjeld.dejager Active Member

The Netherlands it has a complex timetable defently if it is on the old line+ HSL zuid (South) or ‘s-Hertogenbosch - Deventer what has a history and some big bridges

25. kepuech#7635

kepuech#7635 Member

Hi!

I have voted for Austria. I am from Austria and love the trains Here. I am a Big Fan of TSW and a Big Fan of the ÖBB. I have did a Thread about a Route in Austria. Better said in Vienna. The Capital City of Austria. The Name of the Thread is: "S Bahn Wien Gänserndorf - Mödling - Airport (english)" i Hope you Like it. The Thread is about the Route from Gänserndorf to Mödling via. The Stammstrecke. And the Line to the Airport.
    IMG_20211125_131040.jpg

The Route suggestion has train Like the ÖBB cityjet or the BR.4020. A Photo of the br.4746/4744 (cityjet)
    IMG_20211223_221442.jpg

There are of course more trains. I will BE happy when your Take a Look to my Thread :) And i will be very happy and thankfull If this Route suggestion is Going to be added in the Game. I use the Stammstrecke every Week.
    I Hope you Liked my Idea :)

• Like Like x 2
  26. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I don’t know what I originally thought Australian city stations to look like but i never imagined them to be so busy

• Like Like x 1
  27. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

28. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

We also have a suggestion for the Hisatsu Line from mlouie100 in the Japanese master list - they also referred to the MSTS as their inspiration.

29. cyrill.kroonstuiver

I get what you mean, that'd be amazing.

For me it's the other one though, Tokyo-Hakone Yumoto.
    A while ago I reinstalled MSTS and I immediately fell in love with that route again.
    Of course it was made over 20 years ago and things have changed, and MSTS is incredibly outdated at this point, but just imagine what a 2022 TSW remake of that route would look like. Be it set in modern time, or set in the same time as the MSTS route was made.
    Especially if the Odakyu Series 7000 romance line is included.
    I loved that thing so much :)
    [​IMG]

30. fintrain#7152

fintrain#7152 New Member

FINLAND WOULD BE CHOOL!

• Like Like x 3
  31. fintrain#7152

fintrain#7152 New Member

Finland! :)

• Like Like x 2
  32. dhekelian

Can you imagine Japanese trains with Rush Hour working? They employ guards in real life to squash people in the carriages, would be cool to see that in game.

• Like Like x 1
  33. cyrill.kroonstuiver

To be fair, I doubt DTG would really do that but it's a fun thought nontheless.
    I do hope a first step towards something like that would be adding additional train and platform staff as either playable or just encounterable roles.
    For the infamous Japanese Rush Hours though, that would eat up far too much memory to be a responsible thing to do from DTG's part.

Actually though, there are two things that a Japanese routes would need DTG to fix for it to feel real.

1. The passengers.
    Japan is a country inhabited by many Japanese people (I know, shocker).
    Non of the current NPC's look even remotely east-Asian and a Japanese route would require a majority of that, and that would also mean having to make more than just 1 male and female Asian face or it'll look like the clone wars again.

2. Better dynamic stopping places on platform.
    Although you won't find this everywhere, a growing thing about some Japanese urban train platforms is the gates on the station side.
    The doors are lined up perfectly and the train needs to stop at the exact correct position so they line up with the gates on the platform.
    Currently I doubt this would really be workable mechanic wise, given how weird the stopping markers can be on some routes.
    Also, if you stop wrong, no passengers can get in or out, but should the timer still go?
    [​IMG]

34. dhekelian

That's why I said 'imagine', DTG could never do it justice imo especially modelling passengers as you say but then they don't look fantastic now do they?

35. cyrill.kroonstuiver

No, the passengers do indeed look sub-optimal as is currently.

I do disagree though that, although currently trust in DTG is indeed not the highest, I do think that, especially if they fully embrace cooperation with other developers, it would be possible for DTG to actually do Japan (or any new country for that matter) justice when making.
    Doing that does however require DTG fully commits to it, no excuses, no BS, but not be afraid to delay either if they don't feel it's ready for release yet. Remember the quote by Shigeru Miyamoto (I think it was him at least with a quick google search) "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad". The same can be said for individual routes when it comes to TSW.

When it comes to remaking the old MSTS routes though, especially the 2 Japanese ones, I can think of a few reasons why that'd be an absolute no-brainer and, although of course I'm not aware of internal dialogue and limitations, if I were executive producer at DTG I would prioritize their modern remake immediately, whether it's set in modern time or in the same time as the originals.

1. It would appease the increasingly loud call for a new country to be added with arguably the most popular one, Japan.

2. It would ignite a lot of nostalgia with people who's first train simulator was MSTS.

3. Both routes are different. One is a very rural mountainous area with a small little diesel train, the other one goes through some highly dense Tokyo urban landscape, though it also has the mountainous Kanagawa, more rural landscape on the other end of the route.
    It would appeal to both the mountain climber train simmers as well as the dense urban rush hour train simmers.

4. It would give TSW a strong head start in making other Japanese routes in the future, considering what they have so often repeated, not to want to make assets and mechanics for a new country just to make one single route.

A pet peeve of mine when I hear Matt saying this (sorry Matt, I love you guys, but I do find this annoying) is when they say making a new country and getting familiar with their specifics and making their assets is difficult and requires work. At which point, all I can say is, yes, I agree. But waiting doesn't make it any easier either all the while the call for DTG to just go and do it already is getting louder.
    Point being, the pressure to finally add at least A new country, preferably multiple ones, is getting stronger, and I know it's difficult, but wasting time only adds more pressure while still being just as far away from actually adding that new country.
    Pressure creates rush, and rush creates bad products.

• Like Like x 1
  36. driverwoods#1787

You mean a platform screen door and for DTG their best step to test this are European routes that have them equipped Paris Rer selected station and United Kingdom Jubilee line

37. dhekelian

Adding Japan would sure be good for the game but honestly I don't think DTG would do a good job be great to be proved wrong. Talking of other countries, I always wondered about the Australian Freight routes, longest in the world are they not?

38. driverwoods#1787

If DTG is bold enough your suggestion and my own Austrian Westbahn Salzburg Wien suggestion can be sold as a bundle called Nahverkehr Wien. Including the ÖBB 4020 & 4758 one is in Innsbruck Bludenz S-Bahn systems.

• Like Like x 2
  39. dhekelian

The Orient express would be a firm favourite but probably too much for DTG.

40. cyrill.kroonstuiver

Well, Orient Express is steam, and DTG is still working on that, but I'd personally wait to see them release the first steam route before starting steam suggestions.
    Who knows, we don't know the steam route yet, could be Orient Express :)

Though I'm guessing it's gonna be something British I feel like.
    Or if not, maybe UP Big Boy.

41. dhekelian

I meant the modern day Orient Express, London to Vienna ETC but I doubt it will ever happen.

42. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Portugal (Lisbon-Oriente to Porto and Lisbon-Oriente to Faro with Algarve Commuter)

43. opgames

opgames Active Member

Either Wales or Northern Ireland

44. rassehorns#4303

rassehorns#4303 New Member

Finland

• Like Like x 2
  45. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

I did too Austria is 2nd place for me just after Slovenia:)

• Like Like x 2
  46. Commiee

We've had new suggestions of routes from Spain, Slovenia, Japan, Hungary, India, Ireland and others over the past weeks in the section. Would be interesting to know which of those locations - and those from the poll - have fully removed pandemic restrictions for the kind of visits DtG/third-party devs would need to make to recreate some of the routes in these countries. I was looking for the status of restrictions in the obvious country that would be my first choice the other day, but couldn't really find specific details.

47. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I don't think we'll ever see a DTG route in a new country. Matt has said multiple times during streams that it's up to 3rd parties to produce routes in other countries.

48. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

3rd party UE devs in those countries probably wouldn't be restricted anyway

• Like Like x 1
  49. Commiee

"Other" meaning other than the Holy Trinity? Or that plus France and Canada - for which they have already made routes? Or something else?

And all I have heard from devs on streams and forums is that they would be interested in exploring options in new countries, so I don't know where that is coming from.

50. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

I vote for my own country with its diverse nature.

[​IMG]
    A double headed KAI CC206 Class (GE CM20EMP) pulling rake of parcel cars and one passenger coach. West Java, KAI's 2nd Operational Region.

[​IMG]
    A double headed KAI's CC205 Class (EMD GT38ACe) pulling a long string of loaded 50-tonnes coal hopper, KAI's Lampung/Southern Sumatera Regional Division.

[​IMG]
    A triple headed KAI's 2nd Gen CC204 Class (GE C20EMP) pulling a long string of loaded 50 tonnes coal hopper. KAI's Southern Sumatera/Lampung Regional Division.

[​IMG]
    A single KAI's CC203 Class (Phase 2 GE U20C) pulling a rake of local economy class train. East Java, KAI's 8th Operational Region.

[​IMG]
    Triple headed specially painted with PJKA Heritage Scheme KAI CC202 Class (EMD G26MC-2U) pulling a long string of loaded 50-tonnes coal hopper. KAI's Southern Sumatera/Lampung Regional Division.

[​IMG]
    A single KAI CC201 Class (Phase 2 GE U18C) with PJKA Heritage paint scheme pulling a rake of standard 3rd class/economy class passenger coach. West Java, KAI's 2nd Operational Region.

Surely the diesel-electric still rules the rails here. Cheers.

Last edited: May 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 1