Am I The Only One Quite Dissappointed In The Locos In Sherman Hill?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tygerways#2596, Dec 13, 2021.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

On older engines, those in cab engine start buttons are fictional. A result of not modeling the engine rooms. The GP38 gets it right

2. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

3. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Hmm, i suggest this would be something for Adams Team for the Preservation Update.

--> GP9 Modeled Engine Room with a regular Prime & Start feature.

4. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

Another user here that agrees that all new content should at least have all the functionality that previous releases have. It is REALLY disappointing when a function on a new release doesn't work when it did on a previous one.

• Like Like x 2
  5. The CSX route has that doesn't it?

• Like Like x 1
  6. roysto25

roysto25 Well-Known Member

Exactly my point - later releases do not

• Like Like x 1
  7. stevegad

stevegad Member

<SNIP>
    I agree 100%, but people like me - who see DLC they think looks cool, so just blindly buy it - are to blame for that attitude. I'm as English as roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, but I love the heavy U.S freight, and would love it even more if the buttons on the control screen did anything other than lead you as far as putting the brake settings on. In the South East high speed DLC, the old class 66 locos have all this stuff working properly - slow speed, train length counter, various braking set-ups etc. So, it IS possible. I can only assume they see guys like me coming and think 'To hell with him, he'll only be interested in looking at the trees go past the window'. I think, in future, I am only going to buy DLC that absolutely makes the grade. That way, they may improve the quality control aspect. That said, I've bought 3 items of DLC this weekend in the sale, but I mean it now. Let's boycott future DLC that isn't up to scratch.

• Like Like x 1
  8. max#2873

max#2873 Well-Known Member

DTG have a huge mess with us freight locos, each works differently, and DTG is visibly helpless to make any unification, they made a misery of diversity. Pity.

9. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

DTG let go of (some) would-be drivers. They just use an intuitive way to balance the results. When I came to DTG's simulated train world, I thought I could feel the realism of the game by driving a train. As a driver, after a while, I still feel that it was a mistake at all. I want to be a driver in the game, and I hope DTG can simulate real trains to the greatest extent.

• Like Like x 1