Tips For New Players

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kibanjain, Jan 11, 2022.

1. kibanjain

kibanjain New Member

Hey I am new to the Train Sim Games. I know nothing about trains or how they work so I am having a hard time. Here are my questions

1. What's the easiest train/engine for new combers to use?

2. Whenever I use the https://100001.onl/ Amtrak GE P24DC engine after a few minutes of play I get some sort of alarm and then my train goes into emergency braking. What do I do to prevent this from happening

3. Sometimes when I play I get flagged for "wheel slip", can someone explain to me what that is and how to prevent it?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  2. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Are you on TSxx or TSW?
    1) when I started, I used ECW on TSW. I found it easier to learn the 377 and thats where I started to enjoy the game.
    2) probably one of the safety systems, if you don't press the acknowledge button, train will break to a stop, as per real life.
    3) wheel slip is when you accelerate too quick, like when you wheel spin a car, use a lower notch or if your on heavy freight, use the 'sander' as it could mean your losing grip on the rails

3. dkreveller#9240

dkreveller#9240 New Member

if your on TSxx, there is a academy section in the main menu that gradually explains different parts of train operation for the different types available.

4. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

The Academy tab is good for explaining the basics, and I think it covers the "drivers vigilence" devices (which vary by country).