Playstation Store January Sale

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Factor41, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Just picked up ECW a few day ago thanks to this ridiculous discount. Let me preface this by saying that I really don‘t like modern EMUs or commuter routes and I‘m not much into UK content apart from old BR stuff. Despite this, I‘m loving it. The route looks nice and the scenery (especially in the Seaford area) is lovely to my mind. Definitely worth picking up even if it‘s not your cup of tea (as in my case).

• Like Like x 3
  2. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Please make the 40% discount Scottish line available for PlayStation as well, it was only on Steam, and I'm crazy about this line, but the full price is unfeasible for me

• Like Like x 1
  3. Loco Dave

Loco Dave Member

Hi
    I wanted to ask about the 55% off locos. I'm new to the game and already have plenty to do, but was interested in thoughts about these 5 engines.

MP36 and MP15 for Peninsula, from reading this forum, seem like essential purchases.
    Chopper looks great and scratches that nostalgia itch. Is it worth it?
    DB BR204 has an interesting history, but does it flesh out the map much?
    M3 LIRR looks a little pointless. Does it bring anything to a route I already enjoy?

This stuff could be discounted even more in the near future. I'm not bothered about losing a couple of quid if so, but I'll not pay full price for these(Baby Bullet excepted).

Thanks.

4. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Definitely get the two for Peninsula Corridor as they add variety and traffic, and the Bullet is quite a different beast to drive than the main loco.

If you enjoy LIRR, the M3 is probably worth getting to add variety, but it's a very similar driving experience to the M7.

The chopper is quite fun, but I've not used it very much. Nice to mix things up with the 31 too.

For me, I do enjoy the UK routes anyway, but East Coastway got even better when BML came along because it's nice knowing what's in both directions as you leave the station, feels like I know the area a bit better. If you have BML but not EC, I'd agree it's definitely worth getting.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Lamplight

You get access to the yards at and branch line going to the harbour. It‘s quite nice to look at. Apart from that, I strongly advise anyone to not get the 204 for two reasons.
    1. The services provided are horrible. Mostly straight A-B runs with some unimaginative shunting. All services use different 204s making the chaining of services together (like with the RSN 363 or TSG G6) difficult and un-fun.
    2. The physics are absolutely unprototypical. The TSW 204 has as much to do with a real 204 as with my car - essentially zero - thanks to a wrong transmission being implemented by Rivet. It has been confirmed that this‘ll never be fixed meaning that you’re stuck with the physics it got at release.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  6. tcmikaelsouza

I really like LIRR, that's why I bought the M3 some time ago.

The M7 and M3 locos share the same timetable, that is, when you buy the M3 you will not have added services, but you will have one more loco option in this line.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

This Christmas I was able to get a few routes I've been wanting a lot, being the Clinchfield Railroad, LGV Mediterrenne, and Southeastern High Speed (with the Class 465!). I'm really happy with the sale, I love all of these routes so far. It seems that I've encountered the infamous PS5 DLC limit however, so I had to delete Rapid Transit to fit in Southeastern High Speed. No biggie at least, who needs Rapid Transit when you have a Javelin?

• Like Like x 2
  8. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I would like to ask for advise about East Coast route purchase.
    Considering the following facts:
    - I already have Southeastern High Speed.
    - So I have the BR 375.
    East Coast it have the BR 377 instead. So almost the same train. Isn't it?
    - I have GWE route too, then I also got the Class 66 in EWS scheme. Only difference are the freight cars.
    - I also have NTP route, so I can use BR Class 45 and BR Class 47 on SEHS too.

So does it really worth it?

9. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

For £3.74 yes!

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Factor41

The East Coastway DLC is absolutely, definitely, no question, worth getting for £3.74. :)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Loco Dave

Loco Dave Member

Thanks for the replies.
    More or less what I thought, that the Peninsula engines are needed and the Chopper I'll enjoy whatever, so I'll get these now.
    The M3 gives a little variety but I personally prefer the older(newer) stock. A possible future purchase.
    The DB BR204 sounds a bit tragic! I'm torn on this; No, it's an incorrect representation but, yes, it opens more of the map. Maybe next time.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  12. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

ECW in my opinion is the best route on the game. It is a no brainer for the cost.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ZR Leigh

ZR Leigh Member

Easy Coastway is fantastic! I’m tempted to get osd for the same price but haven’t heard much about it on here:

14. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I haven’t tried OSD yet, and it never really interested me, however the preserved team is currently working on an update for it, which should resolve a few issues, but will also add in a passenger service layer with the MP36, from Peninsula Corridor.

I figured for the price, it just be worth a punt, I’d buy any route for that price tbh, I will however be saving my first experience with it for the preserved update.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

I bought HRR which was around 3 quid as well. Quite a short route but a good one.

16. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

I need 182, so i need Rapid Transit

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
  17. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought the discounts were up to Sony? I don’t think dtg has control over pricing in the ps store

18. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

No. Sony have promotional sales when DTG can offer discounts on their products within a set of rules. It is up to DTG what discounts they offer in those sales.

• Like Like x 1
  19. imstylinonyabro

imstylinonyabro Active Member

i would love to know why none of this is or has been on sale for xbox. also, on the rare occasion it is on sale, the prices are never as good as playstation, why?

20. Lamplight

There‘s been long discussions on this already with one happening again in the suggestions forum right now. Let‘s keep this thread on topic. Long story short: Microsoft just don‘t offer DTG as many sales opportunities as the other platforms do.

21. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Re the MP15, can fully recommend this. Good loco for thrash as it isn’t that powerful, reminds me of one of those Irish single cab GM locos (121). Comes with its own Journey package, too.

22. tcmikaelsouza

I recommend you buy it, I already liked it on the HHL, with the MRCE livery, now it is very good on the DB, I recommend that you take advantage of the price.

23. grdaniel48

I also recommend it to you!
    It is a beautiful and really fast for both acceleration and speed!.
    I love it!
    It is for Rapid Transit, but you can run it on other German routes too

24. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

Yes i know, have it and love it! (I love everything German in TSW 2)
    I was replying to Krazy he said that hwo need Rapid Transit if you have some UK route (sorry i don't remember which one)

25. grdaniel48

Well I have both routes and trains, but they are completely different related to the train types, driving rules and other issues due to one is in Germany and the other in UK. Despite also considering one is a locomotive + passenger wagons, and the other is a EMU.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Jay1986

Jay1986 Well-Known Member

I’d love to pick up Hamburg, but because of the 60GB limit on PS. I refuse to buy anymore routes or delete them. Hamburg is a chunky file size too I see 8GB+.
    I wish the team would hurry up and solve this issue. Seems like stuff gets spoken about on streams and we’re waiting months, upon months for the changes to happen.

• Like Like x 1
  27. grdaniel48

Jay
    Please notice you can add an external HD to the PS4 as I did, in order to get extra space!
    It works perfectly.
    You can have the base game on the PS4 and all the DLCs on the disk instead.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Factor41

The issue isn't disk space, the issue is a PS limit on associated DLC size which people are hitting with all of the DLC installed. It's an issue they're aware of and looking to fix.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. Jay1986

I own the PS5 version, can’t comment on the PS4 version.
    The PS5 version has a 60GB limit, as soon as you exceed this amount your content starts randomly disappearing.

30. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Is it 60? I thought it was 64GB lol. Don't know where I got that from then, oh well.

31. Loco Dave

Loco Dave Member

I bought the M3 today and enjoying it.
    There's a separate 'Journey' for it so there's something specific for it to do.

• Like Like x 1
  32. tryrebooting#1606

tryrebooting#1606 New Member

Great deals to be had!

I downloaded the game last weekend. Been on the PS4 solid since Friday lol

33. PHJ-MGF

PHJ-MGF Well-Known Member

The savings are OK, but the question should be why aren't we getting the same routes and discounts that PC owners get. Tees Valley for us is 70% off, its 90% off for PC owners at £2.49

34. Factor41

Entirely separate ecosystems can do what they like, when they like. The grass isn't always greener; I'd happily pay the extra quid to maintain my current life entirely free from Windows. :)

If you're of the opinion, as I am, that none of these routes are really worth £24.99 on their own, you only have to be patient and confident in the knowledge that they'll all get a discount eventually.

• Like Like x 1
  35. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Due to an ever growing backlog of un-purchased content, I bought Hamburg Lübeck in the sale. I’ve temporarily deleted Boston Sprinter to allow it to fit on the PS5. As I only tend to buy the routes that aren’t UK routes when they are in sales, I reckoned the 40% discount was too much to pass on. None of the other routes I don’t yet have are discounted.

36. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

I’ve purchased the 465, a great little layer for AI traffic on Brighton mainline. Not going to bother with Hamburg/Lubeck but will hold out for munchen/Augsburg (PS5 owner) in a sale, always fancied the look of that. Maybe most comparable to Brighton mainline, at least until Dresden came along.

• Like Like x 1
  37. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Great choice. Hamburg Lübeck is a good route despite what the naysayers say and the only northern German route in the game right now.

• Like Like x 3
  38. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’ve only done a handful of services and so far I’m happy with the trains in it as they are both nice to drive. It’s not the most thrilling view from the cab but I’ve seen some very nice scenery in the short time I’ve spent with the external camera above the train. I got it mainly for the locos but it seems like a good route for a quite relaxing drive.

• Like Like x 1
  39. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

i bought OSD just to use the baby bullet for passenger service. All you need is Peninsula, the MP36, and a bit of time for paint.
    Unfortunately there is something wrong with the train. When the entire consist is repainted, the trailing unit is reversed, regardeless if the Cab car or the MP36 is the trailing unit. You have either leave the TU unpainted, otherwise it is reversed which has also the effect that you have to open the doors on the opposite side of the platform. So, if looking for passenger use, this is what you get. Beside that i really appreciate the route.
    Train Sim World 2_20220108134106.jpg Train Sim World 2_20220108134505.jpg Train Sim World 2_20220108133256.jpg Train Sim World 2_20220108133600.jpg

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  40. johnmsaylor

johnmsaylor New Member

If you haven't already gotten Oakville then just do it. It's super cheap. Just don't bother with the first tutorial, which I believe is the route intro, due to some issue with switching back to first person mode. You can't do it so the tutorial won't progress beyond that point.(PS4) The rest of them work fine and while you do have to do classic mode for the tutorials, I've had no issues using immersive on the rest of the gameplay.

41. Factor41

Yeah, I got it, ta. Intro works fine on PS5 too, that camera switch issue seems to be specific to PS4 for some reason.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I filled a lot of gaps in my collection for PS5. I‘ll only buy for PlayStation in the sales as my main DLC collection is on PC. I think I now have everything UK, German and Swiss except for Cornwall, the G6, 1938 stock and the add on for Rhb. I don’t dare buy anything else until the DLC limit is resolved, I must be right on the limit and already had to uninstall Boston and LiRR.

• Like Like x 1
  43. Jay1986

I’m exactly in the same boat.
    I don’t understand why this is taking DTG so long. Shouldn’t this be a priority? Priority when their customers are telling them they refuse to buy more routes until the limit fix is implemented. How many employees do they have? Was it 200 I heard on stream?
    Why not set a side 5 of those members of staff and give us our limit fix sooner.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  44. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it is high up the priority list. Matt has referred to it a number of times on Streams. But I'm also pretty sure this is not a simple change. After all the issues on Playstation last year I would rather they take a little longer and get this one right! But I'm also really eager to have it. While I normally play on PC, I do like to play TSW on a big screen in 4K while sitting on the Sofa with snacks.

• Like Like x 2
  45. Factor41

I've not hit the limit yet, but apart from the £3 Oakville, I'm not buying anything new until the locos get trophies. It's ok though, I've been really enjoying Deathloop (plus Farm Sim 22, Hot Wheels Unleashed, Kena...) and a few other games which have hoovered up the PSN money instead. Gran Turismo 7 on its way soon too, so won't be needing new trains for a while. Voting with my wallet. :)

• Like Like x 2
  46. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

Hot Wheels Unleashed is amazing! Proper gets my heart pumping the blood around!

47. Factor41

Ha, it is. I wish there were more real-life cars in it, and less of the ridiculous dinosaur ones, but it's still great fun. The metal flake paintwork on my Koenigsegg looks amazing on PS5. I hate that bloody spider, though!

48. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Really? I have had my eye on that for a while. Might pick up the new German route on Thursday though… decisions, decisions!

• Like Like x 1
  49. Factor41

It's sometimes frustrating and doesn't really have enough different cars (yet) but it's a good fun blast once you get the knack of long drifts around the plastic track. It's a step more arcadey than any arcade racer though, so don't expect realism!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Im in the same boat. Wheels came out just after my bday last year but never pulled the trigger on the purchase, all geared up for the new route this week… and spotted hot wheels on sale for £2 more..

Completely new game… or new route. This discussion has got me thinking even more :D

let’s catch up in 49 hours and 30 minutes time to compare what choice was made ;)

oh and Factor41 totally with you on GT7 can’t wait.

• Like Like x 2