Controls Not Responding

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by steadfast, Mar 15, 2018.

1. steadfast

steadfast Member

Mid scenario sometimes some of the controls lock up.
    All the controller buttons respond, but it's controls like the blinds that require you to hold A and move the left stick that stop functioning. I press A and when I move the left stick it moves the reverser, as though A isn't being held.
    The A button on the controller is working, since the UI changes to show the slider to raise or lower the blind.
    Once the controls have locked like this mid scenario, you can't get them back until you quit the scenario.

2. Fingermouse

Fingermouse New Member

It’s a fun ‘feature’. As soon as you access the map, the left stick stops being usable for controls. Current solution: don’t use the map. Don’t worry, the map is essentially useless anyway.

3. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

To reset the left stick after going into the map, just click down on the right stick twice, when back in the drivers seat.

4. steadfast

steadfast Member

Ta for that guys, I'll just steer clear of the map. The double click on RS didn't seem to fix it for me

5. steadfast

steadfast Member

Still broken, bumping the thread in the hope of getting it noticed and fixed by DTG. I thought the full roll out of TSW on July 24th may have fixed it :-( it makes the switching scenarios where you need to view the map and set the road manually flippin' hard.

6. steadfast

steadfast Member

Further faffing about has revealed that it only causes issues when you pause the game and enter the map. Using the controller button to enter the map, you can return to the game with no loss of controls. Weird! At least it means I can switch and shunt more easily

7. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

I've just had this happen too on the 'City Lights' scenario. When I reach Penn Station and I'm asked to put the reverser in NEUTRAL I can't. Pulling back on the left stick doesn't do anything and I also can't press A on the reverser in the cab and use the left stick as a slider.

I had beed using the map too so maybe that's what triggered the bug.

UPDATE: I got the reverser working. I tried to operate the throttle and brake and suddenly I could move the reverser again. The throttle may not have been on "Idle" but maybe 1% or so. I'm pretty sure the throttle setting said "D" in the HUD the whole time but as soon as I made sure the throttle was a "Idle" (0%) the I could move the reverser. This is logic of course so it may not have been a bug in my case.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  8. Nigel

Nigel New Member

This same bug is also in the ps4 version... Absolute joke!!

9. Descent

Descent New Member

This very same thing just happened to me on the Back Track scenario. It’s extremly frustrating when you put the time in to a scenario and then you lose the controls. I will try using the double click RS method and see if that work. But I really hope they fix this cause this will cause me to put this game down. At least till it gets fixed.

10. gangrel

gangrel Member

I haven't encountered this bug

11. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

I tried this yesterday and saw the same: if you pause the game and select the map through the menu option then you can't use the slider afterwards. If you press the map button on the controller instead to access the map then it works.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Duroses

Duroses New Member

The map isn’t useless, how do you know which points need setting without it?!
    I’ve had to park this game. Finding game breaking bugs every time I play it. Finding a bug 20 minutes in to a scenario isn’t much fun.

13. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

Hey guys. We have been investigating this.
    Going into the map and straight back out again does seem to be a workaround for now. We have a possible permanent fix going into testing.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

Especially when the scenario requires you to spend 10 minutes as a passenger and then sit in the cab for 15 minutes waiting for departure time to arrive, only to find the controls have decided to stop working and you have to restart!

15. danparm302

danparm302 New Member

I've encountered this as well, has happened when accessing the map as others have said.

Couldn't turn the wipers off in RT. The D-pad shortcut only cycled speeds from 1-5 (or however high it goes), never back to off. Probably affects the other routes as well.

16. TSM noob

TSM noob New Member

Seems like this issue hasn't been fixed yet. It just takes the enjoyment out of the game.