Road Map Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap Update 11/01/2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jan 11, 2022.

1. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Roman Emporer Augustus would say:

Varus I want the DB BR 232 back. :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. praxidike.meng

praxidike.meng Well-Known Member

The comment wasn't really based on laziness as you imply, but on the idea of clarity of information, which these roadmaps hope to achieve. Codes do quite the opposite.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

So even less information about release dates. I guess now they can delay improvements forever!

• Like Like x 2
  4. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

It's still pointless though. If they're gonna tell us a route is coming in (for example) the 2000s, with a DMU in the UK, they should just say that. I don't see why instead of an easy sentence describing the basic details of a route we need to fish around in the forums for where the guide is and then work out what means what. Yes it's pretty easy to understand, but it's still archaic.

• Like Like x 8
  5. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Not every other developer depends on a small userbase to fund their product, and the ones that do are usually much more involved with the community.

It’s also worked because if you look at where TSW started, and where it is today, it’s night and day in terms of the size of playerbase.

Honestly say what you will about people being negative, but ultimately it only proves that the majority reading the roadmap, don’t like this new format.

Your comment serves no purpose at all? If you like the new format, leave that feedback, If you don’t like it, leave that feedback, but the bad attitude toward other users serves no purpose whatsoever.

• Like Like x 8
  6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

but ultimately it only proves that the majority of those people who write comments in the first couple of hours don't like this new format.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

I think after reading all this they would be better not doing the roadmap at all. Just wait till things are ready for release, then promote put on sale. Simples. As for fixes and patches etc these could just be lumped into regular communication as per a weekly news posting when they again are ready to go. The roadmap now is vague, muddled and most probably taking up time for the team which could be used in other ways.

• Like Like x 12
  8. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

So your take on this is that, “they changed and you don’t like it, so don’t say anything” ?

If you like it, say you like it. If you don’t like it, there isn’t a problem with saying that either.

This constant brigading of people rushing to defend DTG, just because someone dare say they dislike something is getting ridiculous.

Some people over exaggerate, yes, but ultimately the feedback is proving the same point.

• Like Like x 5
  9. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yes, usually the ones that are sticking around the forums looking for the news as soon as it drops, it’s not like it’s new accounts.

You and I both know that the majority of people above, are the more active regulars.

In any case it’s not like DTG will simply stop reading the thread after 2 hours.

• Like Like x 3
  10. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Woah...this blew up....really quickly

• Like Like x 4
  11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

That’s the problem though. Despite reassuring words, the game, in a lot of ways is getting worse instead of better.

• Like Like x 12
  12. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I saw the Roadmap and thought it was a script for a 'Monty Python' sketch. It seems like they want to give more information by telling us less relevant stuff. I can understand the need to give out information more clearly but this?

Matt said as soon as he returned to work this year he will make it a priority that the Preserved updates and fixes are released but we see from the Roadmap there is plenty of 'mentions' about the preserved routes but still nothing on when we will get our hands on it. Don't forget all or most of Adam's hard work has been finished.

I found it a bit confusing about the next release date for a UK route. DTG have said they weren't allowed to say what the route was in an earlier stream but it is coming out before Harlem and now they have said Steam is coming and in the UK. So is that the next UK route then that is coming before Harlem or is there something else going on? They could of easily said that on the Roadmap.

I see DTG want to be clearer about dates and seemingly put the blame on us when we complain about Dates not being fulfilled but then who is it that comes up with the dates in the first place DTG? People want clarity not false promises. And from reading this thread I would say people want to know what you are planning to work on, no need for dates just info. So people can get involved in the sounds, ETC to help out so the game can get better no?

If people want dates on anything it is for the fixes rather than new routes.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
  13. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

The Spirit of Steam code means that we will get a British steam route first?

14. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Sooooo is that the final Roadmap design? Gotta be honest it's a bit hit and miss for me, While the previous version wasn't perfect it was easy to see what projects had moved or what had been added. This one seems a bit bland in comparison, Also not having new routes on it is a mistake as that was one thing most players scanned the road map for and it generated discussion.

• Like Like x 3
  15. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Totally agree with this. Sam posted a message on Discord earlier saying that the next UK route is Spirit of Steam and that no other UK routes are in production. Why didn't they just say that on the roadmap? We just want to know what DTG are working on. As others have said, the first and last great roadmap was the first ever one on 18th August 2020. It's just gone downhill from there.

• Like Like x 3
  16. dhekelian

So if say you weren't interested in Steam and assuming the Steam route will only have steam trains on it There won't be much releases in 2022 for UK stuff then, given the way DTG rotates stuff.

For me personally that's disappointing but then if they released the GWE updates that would get me playing again at least.

• Like Like x 2
  17. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

FLTSW.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. LIRRGuy

So um wow...that was a major let down, but then again it isnt fair to those who isnt intrested in that release.

• Like Like x 2
  19. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

So the Spirit of steam route is gonna be a 50s British Steam route? Interesting

20. dhekelian

I thought DTG said 40's to 90's?

21. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Decided to watch the stream and I’m more confused than ever ha ha

• Like Like x 1
  22. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Hate to pile on but this new format is a mess.

It's beyond salvaging IMO.

Just scrap this whole pointless roadmap exercise and announce things when DTG is ready to announce them.

I don't know why we're constantly reinventing the wheel with TSW.

Content-wise, i know a lot of people are excited about Steam, but it's not interesting at all to me, unless there's some diesel trains to drive too.

BR232 disappearing makes me sad....

• Like Like x 3
  23. LIRRGuy

Whats going on in the stream atm?

• Like Like x 1
  24. DeJaPa

DeJaPa Member

Not sure if that's the whole truth, there are numerous times when others remain silent or not vent their opinion. Usually when it's about positive matters. I can speak for myself in that matter, I do not voice my opinion that often as other users may do.

My comment serves a purpose, as in a way to remind others to take a moment and reflect before they complain. That things are not that bad as they first may seem. Change always takes time to get used to. Or at least, make their complaint constructive.

That's the whole reason, why I have no opinion at this very moment. I'll have to wait and see if this new format will work for me or not. I do not want to jump out of the gate saying 'no this'll not work for me'. I'd like to give it some time and be able to leave that constructive feedback. ;)

• Like Like x 7
  25. gottabedarnell

gottabedarnell Member

Whats going with scenario planner why yall stopping the project A SCENARIO PLANNER UPDATE IS BADLY NEEDED

• Like Like x 1
  26. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

For the most part, any player from a country which isn't from UK, US or DE have been waiting almost 5 years now...

• Like Like x 4
  27. gottabedarnell

gottabedarnell Member

Can yall please get scenario planner back it brings out train sim world 2 in so many different ways

28. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

It should've been like that from the very beginning it was announced

• Like Like x 2
  29. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I heard on stream that creators club will be monitored for profanity etc

does this mean if I go to list the “Class” of trains involved I get a lifetime ban ;)

• Like Like x 2
  30. solicitr

Equally so is the constant brigade of people rushing to stamp their little feet and howl that EVERYTHING STINKS! any time DTG moves a muscle.

• Like Like x 11
  31. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Don't forget "Christmas" as well, That'll ensure a custodial sentence lol

• Like Like x 3
  32. solicitr

They DID just say that on the Roadmap!

• Like Like x 6
  33. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Someone’s always gonna dislike something, but that doesn’t mean that there cannot be something wrong.

34. solicitr

Because if DTG dared even hint at a date, the rotten tomatoes and eggs would fly. They've learned by now that the "user community" is one tree branch away from a lynch mob.

• Like Like x 3
  35. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Ok, so... Those who are unhappy about something should not waste their time complaining but you should waste your time complaining about those who are unhappy.
    It makes a lot of sense

• Like Like x 6
  36. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Hilarious. Trying to use patriotism to a union of four countries (I presume the patriotism will be towards england, aye?) to get them to announce a UK route. I'm waiting for the next UK Route, however it is Steam, sadly. So it is on there. :)

They're a business. They aren't HM Dovetail Games, they're just Dovetail Games.

And if it's "just tongue in cheek" or "just a joke", not particularly funny.

• Like Like x 7
  37. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

So tonights stream has left me more positive, but that just cements my feeling that this new roadmap isnt the right approach and murkers the water and confuses people.

• Like Like x 2
  38. solicitr

There is a difference between objecting to what one finds objectionable - I do it too - and simply THROWING A TANTRUM!!!!! BECAUSE YOU'RE THE WORST PARENTS EVER AND I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 4
  39. Geth_2234

Geth_2234 Well-Known Member

It sounds a lot like DTGs way of saying we won't tell you anything until a week before it releases when we release a dovetail live article. Which means less time for the community to criticise the bits they do not like.

Why fix something that ain't broke there was nothing wrong with the old roadmap it seems to me that DTG is going back to there old ways and we are getting even less insight as to what is going on and has made the roadmap very confusing.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  40. solicitr

While I don't care for the organization of the New Roadmap (aside from giving the Preservation Crew its own section, which is a good idea)- I don't have a problem at all with the information being conveyed. Originally they tried to forecast everything in too-fine detail, and got roasted for it when the details changed. So then we got the late-2021 version, where they told us nothing at all until the route was on the verge of release.

This is better: they tell us that which is definite at present, and nothing more until further details become fixed.

• Like Like x 3
  41. solicitr

That's entirely incorrect. What you cite in your first paragraph is precisely what was wrong with the Roadmap at the end of last year- and that was "broken." It hid from us most of what DTG were doing, because they didn't want to tell us anything at all until the route was carved in stone.. Now we are getting much more "insight into what is going on."

• Like Like x 2
  42. Geth_2234

Geth_2234 Well-Known Member

It's made it incredibly confusing to understand and I thought the purpose of a "roadmap" was to tell us again what stage of development things were at which we do not get with this roadmap.

• Like Like x 2
  43. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Looks like i won't be getting british content for tsw2 anytime soon since I am not interested in steam

• Like Like x 3
  44. solicitr

Sam summed it up in the stream: "We want to tell you more earlier, but we want to make sure that what we tell you is accurate."

What's confusing about it?

• Like Like x 5
  45. solicitr

It's a really good bet there will be vintage diesel layered in as well

• Like Like x 5
  46. redrev1917

Im sure for every person not interested in steam theres going to be atleast 5 who are. I think you are in the minority on this one.

• Like Like x 10
  47. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Just when you think the roadmap can't get any worse, DTG pulls this move. Congrats DTG, after all this time you still manage to impress me. I just wish it was a positive thing, at least once or twice a year...

• Like Like x 2
  48. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I highly doubt they would purposely exclude it just cause it’s steam aswell

49. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I am very excited to see steam debuting in TSW as I am sure are many. It is completing the circle really alongside diesel and electric. It seems popular in TS1 so hopefully will be in TSW. Hopefully in a few years there will be a nice library of routes and stock to suit everyone's taste.

• Like Like x 10
  50. redrev1917

Lets be frank, it is no longer a roadmap, its just a padded out list of waffle with no real way of determining what stage everything is at. Quite who thought it would be a good idea to include a code which needs to be deciphered by referring to a link needs a stern talking to IMO. Trying to read this document and flitting between webpages on a smart phone is not a pleasurable experience.

• Like Like x 8