Train Sim World: July Studio Update

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Jul 31, 2018.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

It’s been a busy month for Train Sim World with the launch of the full product onto PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC, for full details please click here.

Once again, I’ve managed to grab a few minutes with Senior Producer for Train Sim World, Matt Peddlesden, to find out what the team have been up to behind the scenes.

READ MORE

• Like Like x 8
  2. Samuel

Samuel Member

Thanks! Great news!

3. Rubinius

Rubinius Active Member

Thank you for the information! I am very excited about the improved PZB, the new locos and the route!
    :)

4. Kuu Lightwing

Kuu Lightwing Active Member

It is nice to see them improving on the systems and whatnot. Although it's kinda strange that locomotives don't have any transformers or rectifiers in their schematics. Heck, the TRAXX schematic has direct connection from Current Collector to traction motors. This is rather strange, isn't it? Although I suppose the "guts" of this system could be just hidden inside the Traction Motor entity.

In addition to that, it's not very nice to see this attitude towards the already released content - "we don't have resources to fix it". Someone did it in the first place, and someone did the signalling for the new route - you do have the resources, you just chose to use them somewhere else. "You" as in the company, not Matt Peddlesden.

I suppose this approach works for TS20xx, since there's a lot of DLC's and not very successful ones could be swept under a rug, and the new ones can be released. With TSW, since there's only a few of them, and they new ones come out more slowly, it's much more noticeable.

However, I can quite see why this is what it is. Despite Talent 2 being done pretty well, the route itself is somewhat boring, even though some visuals, and tunnel being nice and I don't think that fixed PZB would make it much more engaging. Strangely enough, it's partly due to Talent being such an advanced train it becomes boring, too.

CSX is a PC-only route that's pretty old, and presumably most players already completed what they wanted on it, and even traction fixes probably won't make many people to return to it. Not to mention they probably won't bring any new sales. So I suppose, it does make some sense to focus on the new content, although that certainly pisses off people who already spent money and are dissatisfied with the result.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  5. fatbloke666

fatbloke666 New Member

Just bought TSW for PS4 and have to say a little disappointed with some of the game,most obvious is the lack of people around the stations and on the trains,will this be rectified please

6. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

Pzb fixed?
    Please let it be the PIS

• Like Like x 3
  7. Gae14

Gae14 Active Member

My only hope for the future is to have updates to the game alongside new add-ons releases. For example, if DTG implement the PIS with a new route, I hope to see it also implemented (with some delay obviously) in the routes we already have.

I am saying that because the answer concerning RT worries me a little bit for old routes updates

8. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for the article, it's always good to see some communication from the development team!
    I'm excited about the Ruhr Sieg Nord route, so far it looks great. Hope the release goes without a hitch.

It's a shame about RT updates happening at a later date, though I understand the economic realities of software development. Are there plans for updating the services on older routes with new trains as they are developed? The most obvious example right now would be new trains for Rapid Transit as that route comes with only one train and only the S2 trains.

9. Nick Saes

Nick Saes New Member

It is a shame that the RT route does not get fixed in the near future, maybe not at all.
    This is definitely not the strategy they want to go with!

Every main issue (signalling+pzb in RT) with each release should be resolved as quickly as possible!

They do have the resources, they just have to make better descisions reagarding updating vs. releasing new content.

If you buy something with hard earned money, you want it to work as best as posible...

10. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing this. ProfCreeptonius will be happy to hear about the PZB upgrade.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Anthony Pecoraro

Will there be any updates to older routes, or core updates upon release of RSN?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

So those who purchased RT won't be getting a fix for the signalling because it was so appallingly implemented in the first place that the whole route needs to be resignalled and there's no money to be made in doing it.

Of course DTG still advertise "mastering DB's unique signalling system" as a selling point of RT on the Steam store. You can't "master" it, because it's broken.

So if the new route has problems with the PZB, I assume DTG will have the same attitude as to the PZB on RT. At least you've made your position clear on (not) fixing past DLC, so it vindicates all those people who said you put money before all else.

• Like Like x 13
  13. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Thanks for the article and the more regular updates now. I´m lookinfg forward to the new route and pretty happy about the Console Release and stuff.
    However this statement that was made in the interview is a bit disappointing:

I feel like after a route has launched the resources should be put into fixing some of the bugs that got reported across the 3 Platforms and on all routes. The Pzb in RT as example makes should be fixed way faster because in the current state you drive better without it.
    So instead of going on to the next route after Ruhr Sieg it should really be time to fix some bugs.

I really dont know why, since you already had to go back to older routes to port them to the Consoles, there wasnt any effort taken to fix some of the bugs already reported from the PC players.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Anthony Pecoraro

They didn’t say that they weren’t ever going to do it. Just not anytime soon.

• Like Like x 3
  15. aeterna

aeterna New Member

Could you elaborate? Obviously you don't care when they will fix it but for the people that cares and likes this route, when do you think they will prepare the fixes? What should be the expectation?

Saying no when saying yes technique? It is from low level management training :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Yeah it's a shame that pushing out new DLC has a much much higher priority then fixing existing DLC.
    Still waiting for the fixes to HH, GWE, RT, NEC...
    I hope the PZB is now fixed and works or it's after the WSR route the next refund candidate for me.

• Like Like x 3
  17. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

Hello folks,
    I'm noticing one thing that's slightly upsetting me and I can't not-mention it here:
    The lamps on the BR143 for LZB are missing. There is no sign of LZB on the LCD displays either.
    There are 30 143's in operation with LZB installations - I think it would be nice to have at least some of RSN's 143's have LZB.
    I think it's a shame they have been left out. Even if not functional, I'd suggest adding them to the MFA at least - it'll add a lot to the realism.
    I am not sure if RSN is equipped with LZB in real life, but if it is, it'd be a horrible idea to leave it out.

As far as PZB goes, I just hope DTG used my documentation and has done it right. They still have time to check over it.

Anyways,
    Cheers,
    Prof.

EDIT: TO clarify, I'm only talking about the lamps on the dashboard, not the implementation of the system.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Nick Saes

Nick Saes New Member

To my knowledge, RSN has no lzb in real life so lzb doesn't make sense on the 143.
    I actually thing that dtg haven't developped lzb yet so I'm pretty sure it won't be a feature of RSN.

• Like Like x 1
  19. NJT Railfan

NJT Railfan Well-Known Member

It's a WIP, it's not finished. Still just in case if they miss that it's still ok to mention it.

20. Kuu Lightwing

Kuu Lightwing Active Member

Say... when you buy a DLC for a game, do you expect to play said DLC now, a bit later, or "not anytime soon"?

• Like Like x 6
  21. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

ProfCreeptonius : i dont know if there are many BR143 without LZB but there are some... so not all of them have the LZB installed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  22. Kestrel33

Kestrel33 Active Member

Thank you for this. I feel the same.

And why are we to assume that all future routes will be vetted and run properly?

23. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I reckon GWE will go the same way and have no working P.A/P.I.S as well as broken signalling because it’s too hard to fix.

This is what happens when you rush out broken and buggy DLC.

• Like Like x 3
  24. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

Hello!
    Let me just clarify my position:
    I'm not talking about LZB implementation, because I think RSN doesn't have LZB
    I only would like to see some 143's with those lamps, even if they are never active.
    I think that'd add a great deal to the realism.

Hope we can agree,
    Prof.

• Like Like x 1