Coupling Emus To Locos

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ukrail, Jan 3, 2022.

1. ukrail

ukrail New Member

Hey! So I'm a scenario creator and I've been interested in making scenarios where a loco (e.g. class 66) hauls an EMU (e.g. class 319) or a DMU (e.g. class 165). It's been brought to my attention that during the scenario editor, the loco and unit does not seem to couple and I'm wondering if there's any method in order to couple them, maybe some sort of freeware or a setting that I may not have enabled that I should need? Or maybe it's just impossible to do overall? Any replies suggesting methods that I can use will be greatly appreciated, and would benefit towards my scenario creation in the future! Thanks :)

2. ukrail

ukrail New Member

Nevermind, already found the answer I've been looking for.

3. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

What was the solution?

4. ukrail

ukrail New Member

I was given an answer from someone but it didn't work for me. They told me to enable the "Allow all coupling" option in the gameplay settings tab, but the two trains still didn't couple in the scenario editor... I tried it just now, I should've tested it before and now I'm stuck again. Does anyone have any other possible methods? :(

5. inversnecky

6. ukrail

ukrail New Member

I think the problem is that I'm attempting to couple third party add-ons. They are both from Armstrong Powerhouse so I'm not sure what could be the issue!

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You can not have them pre coupled in the Scenario Editor but with "Allow all coupling" you can couple in the game

Have a look at this
    https://www.vulcanproductions.co.uk/legacy.html
    Part the way down is
    VP BR Class 37's 37800 and 37884 in ROG Livery
    That has the correct coupler for the emus and might work in the scenario editor

Peter

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  8. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Not sure whether it works in the editor but I could create a coupled consist in RWEnhancer 2 but that gives you the option of coupling all types anyway (not tried it with any other loco yet), only thing with the VP 37800 + 884 is the Dellner doesn't show once coupled (a TS limitation apparently)

A class 769 in it's natural state (broken down) being hauled by an ever increasingly familiar sight on the Valleys line these days a Class 37 recovery tractor.
    Screenshot_Welsh Marches Line - Newport to Shrewsbury_51.98232--2.79048_13-05-55.jpg

Unsure whether the loco is correct as I was just trying out the loco Peter suggested, other inaccuracies include it being hauled on the Welsh Marches as opposed to the usual Rhymney (valleys) line, artistic licence and all that..

Edit: just noticed the TfW logos are messed up, not sure why, never happened before to my knowledge, I need to investigate whether that's anything to do with creating it through RWE2 or not.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Normally the set gets its number from the MSO - which you don't have - I'm not sure if the MSO also points at the Decals

Also in the pack are two locos with Dellner couplings and two with normal couplings
    Both would couple but only one would show the Dellner

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  10. inversnecky

That’s why it’s safer to stick to good ol’ BR Blue and Grey, you can’t go wrong! :)

11. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Yep you were right, it was the missing MSO.
    Screenshot_Welsh Marches Line - Newport to Shrewsbury_51.97403--2.81647_13-07-18.jpg

Yeah I used one of the Dellner equipped versions but as soon you couple up it disappears.

12. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

The MJW Class 08 revamp pack allows you to couple those locos to HST power cars, however there's an issue when decoupling - not sure what though.

13. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

The AP ROG has Dellner and Tightlock equipped versions (which I never realised until last night), add to that there is an ROG expansion pack on ATS that fixes the Dellner disappearing issue (but for my usage MJWs 769 doesn't have the Dellner visible unfortunately) the expansion pack also adds nameplates.

Messing about with 4k upscaling, however 15fps was not acceptable lol.
    20220112055827_1.jpg
    (annoyed that I can't seem to get my screenshots to save as .png though even though I have "save as uncompressed" ticked in Steam settings)

Edit: Added Expansion pack hyperlink in case anyone is interested.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  14. jaceiondalen

jaceiondalen New Member

there's an issue when decoupling - not sure what though.
    Speed Test

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  15. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

jaceiondalen Is there a reason for the link in your post?