Gold Coast And Ferny Grove Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Frossty Official, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Frossty Official

Frossty Official New Member

This line is something that I have wanted in the sim for a while now. Considering the name is "Train Sim World 2", there should be more diversity. So, I believe they should add an Australian Route. The Gold Coast line and Ferny Grove line is one of my favourite lines on the QR network and I believe it should be added to the game.

-Gold Coast/Brisbane Airport Line: On the Gold Coast Line, experience beautiful scenery as you depart from Varsity Lakes in the Gold Coast headed into Logan as you fight to keep on time. Connect the beautiful and alive city by the name of the Gold Coast to the Capital City of Queensland, Brisbane. While passing through the City of Logan. This line also connects the 3 cities to Brisbane Airport. The line is a semi-express service stopping at a limited amount of stations through Logan and then going all stops from Park Road to Brisbane Airport. The designed maximum speed is 160 km/h, allowing city trains to reach their rated top speed of 140. This service is one of the only profitable services in the World. This is due to high ticket prices when heading into the Airport. The line goes through The Gold Coast with beautiful scenery, then heading into the wealthy suburbs and through the drowsy suburbs littered with parks. Then head into the city and go all stops through the beautiful modern City of Brisbane all the way to Brisbane Airport. The line takes 1 hour and 48 minutes. The line is mostly operated by NGR 700 trains.

-Ferny Grove Line: The Ferny Grove Line is a all stop suburban service running from Beenleigh to Ferny Grove. The Ferny Grove Line one of the most used lines on the network. The line connects the City of Logan to the Capital city of Queensland, Brisbane. The line is 13.5 kilometres long. Experience the beautiful scenery that the suburbs have before entering the beautiful and modern city of Brisbane as you head through all the busy city stations and head up to Ferny Grove while you fight to stay on time. The Ferny grove line has a train every 30 minutes. The Ferny Grove line takes around 2 hours. The track is shared by both Ferny Grove trains stopping all stations and Brisbane Airport trains which run express with only a couple stops. The track alternates between double and triple track along the way and past Salisbury is also shared with freight trains bound for the Brisbane port. The line is mainly operated by SMU 260s and EMU's.

• I would love these lines to be in the game, but any line in Australia would be great! This would add some diversity to the game and satisfy lots of people whether Australian or not! These lines would make for great scenarios as there is often a lot of track closures and station closures. These lines would be taken out of service to Bowen Hills depot. If these lines do come to the game I think the EMU, SMU 260 or IMU 160 and the NGR 700.

All trains used on the two lines:
    - EMU, 100 km/h 3 car (slowing being phased out)
    - SMU 200, 100 km/h 3 car
    - SMU 220, 100 km/h 3 car (almost identical to SMU 200)
    - SMU 260, 130 km/h 3 car
    - IMU 100, 140 km/h 3 car
    - IMU 120, 140 km/h 3 car (almost identical to IMU 100)
    - IMU 160, 130 km/h 3 car (almost identical to SMU 260 but with a toilet)
    - NGR, 140 km/h 6 car

Attached Files:

• R.png
      R.png
      File size:
      253.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Considering a sports celebrity has just been deported from Australia for a breach of your Covid regs, how are DTG supposed to get in to research in the amount of detail they would need? They have already said routes outside the current core areas are unlikely to happen and even if international travel wasn't still off the menu, it would be a long expensive trip vs. the likely return on the investment.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but routes like this are probably never going to happen - even when (if) Covid is no longer a factor.

• Like Like x 1
  3. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

His lawyers have won in court for his detention to be extended to Monday. Rules are rules, and nobody is above them.

4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You mean Novak Djokovic. For the railway line it was electrified in 1979 25kv 50hz

5. OldVern

The point is, no one is getting into Australia any time soon for the purposes of researching routes in a train sim!

6. Frossty Official

Frossty Official New Member

I get your point, but. There is the possibility of a 3rd party company popping up and making the route. It is a very low chance of this happening but there's a bit of hope.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OldVern

Well yes, hopefully at some point DTG can partner up with someone. The problem as I see it, is that most Australian train sim builders are more interested in Trainz or if you go further back MSTS for which a number of excellent routes were released.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

If you have natural immunity that should be recognized, that's what he is trying to explain. The only reason it's not however is because it's not profitable. The guy knows this. The companies behind the vaccines have become trilionares overnight from millionaires. The guys behind the masks production have also become billionaires. It never was about a virus, it was about money and money alone.

9. paintbrushguy

Let’s not get into that here.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. lord everything

lord everything Well-Known Member

Too short for me. Make it longer.

11. paintbrushguy

It’s literally above average route length at about 110km long.

12. lord everything

You said in the post its 13.5km long. Do you mean 135km? If so, that's definitely good.

13. paintbrushguy

S
    There are two lines being suggested, one goes North of Brisbane and is 13.5km and the other goes south of Brisbane and is 90km long. Both are linked at Roma Street

14. lord everything

15. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

16. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

I.m a resident of Brisbane and I always love to listen to the trains going past in Roma Street. They make music every time they go over the rail joints and switch lines, If this goes ahead I will be keeping an ear out for this in TSW2. I used to do some security work for a construction site around Dakabin Station when it was undergoing upgrades. During my 12 hour shift, i always enjoyed watching the freight trains go through at night time. I'm all for it but as with most things it may or may not go ahead. The problem with your DLC here is that, this railway system is huge. you have rails extending very far. Roma Street is very central so this has to be part of it. You may extend the line a fair bit so people can get an idea of what's it like.

17. saxon#1462

saxon#1462 Active Member

we could end the line south at park road or coopers plains.

18. saxon#1462

saxon#1462 Active Member

What about rollingstock EMU IMU100 And NGR. rest will be dlcs