Circle Line And Part District Line And H&c-l (c69 Stock And S7 Stock)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by souleymane#2785, Nov 13, 2021.

?
  1. Yes I would like

21 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. No not interesting

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. souleymane#2785

souleymane#2785 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, today I would like to propose to you the Circle Line of London Underground.

The Circle line is a line of the London Underground. Inaugurated in 1884, it is used by approximately 73 million passengers per year. It is represented in yellow on the metro map.

It is sometimes called the “virtual line” (virtual line) because it does not have its own station, but runs exclusively on two sections: the connections between High Street Kensington and Gloucester Road, and between Tower Hill and Aldgate.
    Journey time for the entire line could take approximately 59 minutes, but scheduling constraints dictate that each train have two-minute stops at High Street Kensington and Aldgate, increasing the journey time to around 63 minutes. This ensures a service with seven trains in each direction with an interval of seven minutes.

The line has 35 stations; its length is 27.360 km.

To the north, east and west of central London, the looped section of the Circle line roughly follows the limit of Zone 1 of the Travelcard, but to the south a substantial portion of this zone is outside the Travelcard. Circle line loop. With the extension of December 13, 2009, it is no longer part of the only two lines entirely located in zone 1. This enables the circulation of seven trains in each direction, with a frequency of four at seven minutes.

The main Circle line depot is located in Hammersmith, but there are several other garages in Barking, Triangle Sidings (in Kensington) and Farringdon.

The line today is operated with S7 Stock type trainsets. All of the London Underground trainsets are of the S7 Stock type of 7 AWD cars and are of the larger gauge of the two used on the network. These trainsets replaced from 2012 to 2014 the C Stock, put into service in 1969-70 (C69).

C69 stock :
    The C Stock (also known as C69 and C77 Stock) is the older type of train used on the Circle Lines of the London Underground. These trainsets were built in two series (C69 and C77) in the 1970s by the Metropolitan Cammel Carriage & Wagon Company. The C69 series has 35 units of 6 cars, delivered between 1969 and 1970.

C69 Stock insider outsider and cab :
    téléchargement.jpeg unnamed.jpg 1200px-High_Street_Kensington._5730.jpg

1200px-Inside_a_C69_Stock_train_Kings_Cross_2010.jpg

Circle Line Stations :
    550px-Circle_Line.svg.png

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. souleymane#2785

• Like Like x 2
  3. souleymane#2785

• Like Like x 2
  4. souleymane#2785

• Like Like x 2
  5. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

Why do we need another tube route?

• Like Like x 4
  6. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Awesome idea I’d buy it we need some modern tube stock in tsw2 the s7 a perfect fit

• Like Like x 1
  7. souleymane#2785

thank you, it's true that the old rolling stock is better and less tech or even much better

8. souleymane#2785

The bakerloo line still had a very good impression for those who are more attracted to the underground world and another London Underground line would be a great idea for me with older rolling stock more technical to drive

9. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent Idea but for the Hammersmith portion of the Line, it's now called Hammersmith & City Line. The proper way is to sell this route as Circle & Hammersmith & City Lines: Underground Sub surface route.

• Like Like x 2
  10. souleymane#2785

ah you teach me something! I did not know. because they share the tracks, right? but in any case another line with older equipment is much better than the stock S style equipment

• Like Like x 1
  11. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

There's already a game called World of Subways Vol 3: London Underground Simulator for PC that includes the 69 stock on the circle line. It's basically TSW but made 10 years ago. A modern version with S7 stock would still be nice though, especially being different to Bakerloo being subsurface rather than a deep tube line. We could even get AI layers at Royal Oak for GWR services out of Paddington.

• Like Like x 3
  12. souleymane#2785

correct it was World of Subway volume 3 with the C69 Stock. And I agree it could be this system with the S7

13. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

No it isn't.

Hammersmith - Edgware Road is part of the Circle Line now. The Hammersmith & City is Hammersmith - Barking.

The section of tracks between Hammersmith & Edgware Road formerly was the Hammersmith and City Line, however now you can ignore that and call it the Circle Line.

No need to over complicate things.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. souleymane#2785

thank you for this information. it's even better

15. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Thank you for telling me about this since I was actually using the current map which would have a pink coloured line running from Hammersmith before Aldgate with the Circle Line

16. trainsimplayer

I know. However you said, Quote:
    Is totally wrong.

It used to be the Hammersmith and City Line, with no Circle line, but now it's the Circle Line and H&C.

No need to over-complicate it. The Hammersmith virtually entirely runs on shared tracks. Just say Circle line, unless this includes the Aldgate - Barking Section.

17. AirbourneAlex

Strictly speaking, the Hammersmith branch was built by the Metropolitan Railway so is technically part of the Met :D

18. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

The Circle Line used to be just that but for some reason TfL decided to integrate the Hammersmith and City Line which used to operate as a separate entity. My preferred era would be the C69 one, though take it back farther and you could have the O and P stock trains for a bit of character...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Underground_O_and_P_Stock

The World Of Subways version was rather flawed as with most products from TML. The train physics were greatly simplified even to the point of rolling uphill if you released the brakes on a down gradient. Setting up the cab was even more tedious than it sometimes is in TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  19. souleymane#2785

it's true the world of Subway version was not realistic enough in terms of the train's sound, the controls in the cabins, even uphill while driving on the wanderer the slow motion not on the contrary the speed remains constant the train at the platform to arrive at Hammersmith disappears at the end of his shift, like Edgward Road. so I think that with TSW we will still be entitled to something clean and more realistic. Obviously with the stock C69 for preference for many of us

• Like Like x 1
  20. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Yes. If they added Earls Court Station we could get Earls Court - Tower Hill District line services

• Like Like x 1
  21. souleymane#2785

• Like Like x 2
  22. souleymane#2785

S7 Stock :

The London Underground S7 Stock, commonly referred to as S Stock, is a type of passenger train running on the London Underground's subsurface lines since 2010. Manufactured by Bombardier Transportation's Derby Litchurch Lane Works, the S Stock was ordered to replace the C69 stock on the Circle line.
    The "7" of S7 Stock designates the number of cars on the rolling stock, ie 7 cars on the Circle Line.

S7 Stock cab, Insider, outsider :
    300px-Amersham_station_MMB_18_S_Stock.jpg Bombardier_S_Stock_Circle_line_Interior_3.jpg 4jvfwsrgud741.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  23. souleymane#2785

Here are some videos on the S7 Stock. good viewing :)

• Like Like x 1
  24. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Yes please :)

• Like Like x 1
  25. souleymane#2785

Another London Underground line would be a good suggestion, but not a Tube line. And preferably the 69 stock it was a good rolling stock :)

26. trainsimplayer

"(The) Tube" is a term/nickname for the entire Underground, so really the met is a Tube Line :)

• Like Like x 1
  27. souleymane#2785

It's true I misspoke thank you very much for the correction ;)

28. souleymane#2785

that would indeed be a good thing

29. seandouglas

seandouglas Active Member

Would be nice to also include the Aldgate to Barking section of the H&C/District lines. You'll get a few more different types of services (and the possibility of adding the D stock

• Like Like x 1
  30. souleymane#2785

I also propose a portion of the District Line from the Edgware Road section to Tower Hill in common section with the Circle Line . Or even up to Aldgate East in correspondence and joint section with the Hammersmith and city Line. The rolling stock to use is the S7 Stock for the District Line. And the Hammersmith and City Line in common section with the District Line and Circle Line from Aldgate East to Hammersmith and its rolling stock to use is the S7 Stock

District Line Map (look to Edgware Road at Aldgate East :
    District-line-map.png

Hammersmith and city Line Map (look to Hammersmith at Aldgate East):
    Hammersmith-city-line-map.png

S7 Stock for Circle Line, Hammersmith and city Line and District Line :
    300px-Amersham_station_MMB_18_S_Stock.jpg

31. souleymane#2785

It would be a possibility indeed I had not thought of it knowing that the District Line shares part of the section Edgware Road to Tower Hill with the Circle Line. I will add this. thank you very much for the

32. AirbourneAlex

Why do you keep deleting messages and reposting them? You already added the information you said you would in your last message since your previous comment disappeared. It makes it look like you're thread bumping.

33. souleymane#2785

No that's not it, it's that I didn't have a visual on the answer I wrote so I didn't know if you had received it. but hey your answer indicates that it has been sent and that it is a bug of my phone. sorry

• Like Like x 1
  34. souleymane#2785

Below are videos of automatic announcements for the Circle, District and Hammersmith and city Lines (I didn't found videos for the C69 stock sorry). Good viewing

35. souleymane#2785

excuse me for going over it but does that mean that the Circle and Hammersmith and city Lines have the same section route between Hammersmith and Edgware Road? because above I proposed this line in addition to the District Line as they share the same tracks with the Circle Line

36. trainsimplayer

Yeah, the Circle shares track with the H&C between Hammersmith, Edgware Road and Aldgate - where the Hammersmith and City splits off to Barking, and the Circle u-turns towards Westminister and such.

The section between Edgware Road and Tower Hill (Via Westminster) is shared with the District Line.

The Metropolitan also shares tracks between Baker Street and Aldgate, for a bonus.

The only part of the Circle Line that isn't shared with any other route is the curve between Aldgate and Tower Hill, as both the District and Hammersmith & City lines head towards Barking.

• Like Like x 1
  37. souleymane#2785

ah yes I see it is necessary to know well. Maybe I should have offered the Metropolitan Line I guess. thank you for your return anyway :)

• Like Like x 1
  38. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

Let's try and make sure this one will be better and the bank clearing more train I like century line District line circle line on TW2

• Like Like x 1
  39. souleymane#2785

I hope so too, love the circle line and it could be a good dlc I'm sure with a bonus from the District and Hammersmith and city Lines. thank you for your positive feedback :)

40. souleymane#2785

Here is a video of the Circle and Hammersmith and city Lines with the driver's view and explanations of the line and rolling stock. good viewing ;)

41. paintbrushguy

Don’t necropost please

• Like Like x 1
  42. gibsonaj1

gibsonaj1 Active Member

As an retired tube driver I'd love another underground route added to the TSW2 catalogue. Let's make DTG aware that we want this to become a reality in the near future

• Like Like x 2
  43. paintbrushguy

DTG knows some people want more tube. But some don’t. Maybe one day we’ll get one more, but no time soon I don’t think.

44. gibsonaj1

gibsonaj1 Active Member

Well that'll be a shame if we had to wait so long for another route. I was also hoping that now Just Trains are coming on board with DTG they would eventually give us their version of the Metropolitan line which would be great if the included the A60/62 rolling stock as well as the S7.

• Like Like x 2
  45. souleymane#2785

I had no visual on the video that's why I deleted and reposted.

46. paintbrushguy

Necroposting is posting on old threads to put them back in mainstream view. You did this, it’s against the rules. Just telling you not to do it again.

47. souleymane#2785

Here below is a presentation of the stock c and its way of driving. good viewing

48. paintbrushguy

Go ahead then, keep thread bumping.
    Unless someone else has something to say, don’t keep posting here.