Awesome Tsw Service Mode Runs

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by JustWentSouth, Dec 4, 2020.

1. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Hmm I believe it was yellow on start for me, but I'll have to have another look. Nonetheless, I think it's the first service I have driven from Victoria which has encountered an almost instant red.

• Like Like x 1
  2. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Just completed this service with a max speed of 45 mph
    20211231_223948.jpg
    And the service was as much fun, being passed by passenger trains as soon as they diverge from your track also...
    Catching up a train which will give plenty of yellows all the way to London.

There is also quite a lot of traffic in the London area with trains all around you
    6cbc689e-a9d1-4cfb-a5fb-89347d1d10b1.jpg c2721d42-0de0-4950-8d25-f2fecf2d0cc7.jpg

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

Recommended Service Runs as of 1/4/22 with a tip of the hat to LeadCatcher and Callum B:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14YgilvnKZFc7TJXyqftRJ0I5yTMlMf81/view?usp=sharing

This is a quick update with the recent London Commuter recommendations and an HHL service recommended by Cameron's Gaming in another thread:
    RE80 service 11476 Hamburg to Lubeck at 17:33. PZB action and a challenge to stay on time in the 112.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. JustWentSouth

I am spending time on SEHS and remembering how much I enjoy driving the Javelin. It is so cool to change over power and safety systems. I found this run:

1F50 St Pancras - Faversham with the 395

If you run it in the fall or spring, you get a nice sunset on the way.
    Plenty of AI for both parts of the run. For the back half, you encounter occasional yellows chasing a service. There is a red at the end while you wait for another Javelin to clear the platform as it begins the return journey.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  5. JustWentSouth

The Charing Cross Turn - sort of ...

Here is a nice, but not quite contiguous 465 "Nippy Networker" round trip on SEHS.
    Start off in 2L10, Rainham to London Charing Cross at 06:56.

You wait for a 377 to pass out of Rainham and then chase it all the way inbound.

... followed by the return trip 2L11 at 0913 Charing Cross to Rainham at 0913. It is a long wait at Charing Cross if you want to return to free roam or you can just relaunch yourself into this service.

You stop for a 377 near Rochester and chase it all the way to Rainham.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
  6. JustWentSouth

A run with the DB BR 187 on SKA:
    DB 83168 WB Mixed Cargo at 20:30

It is a 520t train. The run works in PZB mode M, but it also works in mode O which is probably fair given the weight. Get going as quick as you can.

You catch up with a regional at Eschweiler at chase it the rest of the way.

A reasonable amount of AI, including passing the stopped S-Bahn service just outside of Duren that is waiting for another excellent run previously recommended, ECS S19. This is the empty cargo run end of the day run from Duren to Aachen.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Is this an actual 187 run? Or simply a sub for the 182?

8. JustWentSouth

I believe it is one of the runs that was added to SKA the purchase of the 187.

9. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Does it include a working brake Selector if so use the Riesa-Dresden Freight train discussion on which brake mode to use on weight.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JustWentSouth

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. solicitr

Here's a Brighton goodie: 2I09, Epsom to London Victoria. For a quick run, LOADS of adverse signals- and then
    As you leave the last red, just outside Victoria, you'll be treated to a 4-way interleave of two running north and two south on adjacent tracks
    Also, lots of 465 spotting, if you have it installed.

• Like Like x 5
  12. driverwoods#1787

2C03 06:37 Eastbourne to Brighton the train you are following is an Eastbourne to Ore service causes you to be late at Hampden Park almost got a signal passed at Danger if you are following the Line speed. At Eastbourne it leaves before you did this in a Winter Snowstorm. At Lewes the Eastbourne and Hastings Bound track get a lineup and one of the trains that you were going to pass is an aggregate service.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  13. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

London Commuter 2O07, Milton Keynes - East Croydon (class 377) was fun. 25 minutes of adverse signals during rush hour and lots of AI to look at.

• Like Like x 3
  14. driverwoods#1787

Wow and here's one for Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen ICE19 what happens is this right before Köln Technology Park LZB commands you to slow down to due the Regional in front then proceed to Köln Hbf. At Köln Hbf you catch up to the DB BR442 that caused your delay. Do this in journey mode night-time.
    Aftermath of the Delay. ICE 19 heads to Frankfurt Am Main Hbf while DB BR442 RE9 goes to Siegen Hbf
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  15. JustWentSouth

What a workout that was. I can only recall one green signal the whole run!

Here is another DRA Freight run I enjoyed:
    Riesa - Dresden at 04:45. It is a loaded intermodal. Run it in PZB M. The max speed is 110, but you will have trouble making PZB limits if you run much over 100.
    You are behind a regional and encounter adverse signals until you get on separate tracks beyond Coswig

The spreadsheet, started by LeadCatcher, formatted by Callum B and now updated by me:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14YgilvnKZFc7TJXyqftRJ0I5yTMlMf81/view?usp=sharing

Here is the link to the Chaos Spreadsheet:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cMKrwNA2OmZz8tVEQo1_FZnRZXpNT463/view?usp=sharing

And now, off to tilt the 612 ...

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  16. driverwoods#1787

Excellent List so far gotta add those recent ones too being the 06:37 Eastbourne Brighton & ICE 19 trip

• Like Like x 2
  17. JustWentSouth

They are there - numbers 27 and 215 on the spreadsheet. I enjoyed both runs. Check and make sure I listed them correctly. I think the ECW run is 2G03 and not 2C03. Thanks for recommending them!

• Like Like x 1
  18. driverwoods#1787

I did see it there and thanks for the feedback. The RE9 was 19:18 Aachen to Köln Trip.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Tharandter Rampe: Dresden - Chemnitz
    85034 | Dresden-Friedrichstadt - Freiberg (Sachs) 9:09
    85034 | Freiberg (Sachs) Stabling (Part 1) 9:52
    85034 | Freiberg (Sachs) Stabling (Part 2) 9:56

Nice service from the last chapter of Journey mode, got subbed into DB 155.
    You start by letting a stopping service through and then following it, eventually catching up to it around Freital-Hainsberg. Before reaching Tharandt, you are held up at a couple of red lights as the stopping train takes priority and you follow it up the incline with some potentially good PZB action.
    After reaching Freiberg, you uncouple from the train and stable the locomotive for another run at 10:46.

Unfortunately, the DB 155 did not register the PZB acknowledge and got me stopped twice at Tharandt, forcing me to turn it off for the remainder of service.

• Like Like x 2
  20. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

JustWentSouth - thank you so much for continuing to maintain this list, it was my desire to do so, but as with many such intentions with pastimes, life gets in the way. Just wanted to publicly thank you for your continued service to the community by maintaining this valuable resource….

• Like Like x 10
  21. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Interestingly i ran into the exact same PZB issue at the same place on this service with the Railpool 185. I'm far from an expert on PZB, but i know i was below speed for a penalty brake application and i definitely hit acknowledge but got the emergency application anyway.

Edit: ran the service again and i still got 2 penalty applications around Tharandt, but there was a red signal at the station exit, so i might have messed something up. Ran the rest of the service and the two follow-ons with no issues. To my surprise a G6 pulled up and took away the Habbins i had dropped off as i was finishing up the stabling. Really good sequence, and this route is already in my favorites. Nice job DTG and Maik!!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  22. driverwoods#1787

Absolutely agree with you if you are wondering the developers sometimes mentioned this

• Like Like x 3
  23. cloudyskies21

Just the one recommendation today:

1R16 - 09:07 - London Victoria-Reigate

This was a surprising one to be honest. I've played Reigate services plenty of times but this is the first time I was routed via Platform 0 (normally where you see GWR 166s and London-bound Reigate services) at Redhill going towards Reigate and initially confused me when I saw the junction indicator on the signal point to the right! Love this variation and keeps the gameplay fresh and exciting! Plus, other standouts from this service included racing the HST towards Clapham Junction and encountering a lengthy red signal between Clapham Junction and East Croydon.

Just want to echo the positive thoughts of this thread, and is by far my favourite one and really keeps me eager in playing the game in the excitement of all these service suggestions across multiple routes.

• Like Like x 6
  24. pterocles#7018

pterocles#7018 Active Member

It is maybe a very dumb question but how do you know which service you see along a route while driving a timetable/journey service?

25. JustWentSouth

I really enjoyed this service! Because of the possible PZB issues, I ran it first with the 185.5 and then, through a mod, with the 101. Plenty of magnets to deal with, but I was able to acknowledge them all and not get a penalty brake. I then ran in one more time with the Railpool 185 and PZB performed as expected. There were some tricky areas around Tharandt: 3 different 60 kph warning signs had to be acknowledged, a 500 hz magnet popped up near the station long after the yellow that preceded it, and I was under 45 and 25 kph restrictions at various times, but I managed to get through. Interestingly, I got the best traction up the ramp in the Railpool 185.

Great run. Thank you for recommending it. I liked stabling the loco afterwards; you wind up dodging some mainline trafffic. After that, you can hop in the 363 that comes by to shunt your train and then take over that service - nice!

By the way, I am really enjoying this route. It looks fantastic in the fall!

• Like Like x 2
  26. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

That's odd. I tried this service, and had the same experience until approaching Redhill. When I got there, the signal protecting the station stayed resolutely at red. I abandoned 1R16 and walked to the station, where I found platform 0 was blocked by another Reigate service, which could not depart because there was a GWR 166 in the bay which was not departing for Reading, despite having a green signal. I took over the service, closed the doors and drove it to Reigate.

When I was unceremoniously booted out of the seat at Reigate, I waited on the platform to see whether this unlocked things and the succession of Reigate trains came through, including 1R16. However, the replacement Driver (different chap) seemed to be equally incapable of budging the 166. I re-entered the cab and, although unable to take back the service (as it leaves the simulated area), I was able to press the 'door close' button. Once I'd done that, the Driver did the rest and the train departed. Sadly, the fact I was therefore stuck in the cab meant the session was ended as we left the area, and I couldn't check whether the trains behind came through.

I will be writing a strongly worded letter to GWR about their Driver training (although they may also have something to say about me commandeering their train, so on second thoughts let's call it quits).

• Like Like x 2
  27. JustWentSouth

DCZ Eastbound Chaos

A relatively easy set up for a good run:

Start in a freight loco and in service 85035 (part 1) Freiberg (Sachs Pickup) at 10:46 am. Run this service all the way up to the last step of coupling to the consist. Wait until just after 10:59 and 30 seconds to make the couple and complete the service.

Return to free roam and you are launched in service 85035 (part 2). Your train is now about 10 minutes late and heads down the ramp at a weight of 867t. Run it in PZB Mode M with a top speed of about 110 kph, but be careful at the top end of that speed range. When you hit an active 1000hz magnet you have 29 seconds to get under 70 kph and you need to be under 50 kph and slowing quickly if you hit an active 500hz magnet 250 meters from a red.

The wait allows RE50 service 17315 to take the green our of Freiberg (Sachs) and you chase it down the hill. The station dwell times for regional are short allowing it to stay mostly ahead of you even as it stops. At the end of the run, you encounter a red for a westbound passenger to clear the main so that you can cross over into the yard.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Dresden-Chemnitz 95034/95035 EB and WB Industry Moves
    Loco: 363/G6 (this is what i used)

These two linked services are a short drop-off and pickup at the nearby industrial siding, followed by a stabling move.
    Using the shunting gear on the G6 you really need to thrash it to get up the flyover crossing the mainline.

Return trip make sure you've got your dynamics on coming back down into the yard.

Really loving this route so far and the G6 is a beauty- please consider purchasing both if you haven't already.

• Like Like x 2
  29. JustWentSouth

I’m not really sure and I was hoping someone would be able to chime in on this.

Basically, there is no easy way. One thing I find very helpful is the excellent work of a user named WonterRail who has compiled service mode timetables for the routes. You can find the thread here:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...bles-london-commuter-timetable-out-now.17878/

• Like Like x 2
  30. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Would have thought in Timetable mode everything is out, with whatever algorithm there is for substitution. Running a scenario or a timetable as part of Journey Mode, I do wonder if some customisation or trimming takes place which is why Journey mode seems more reliable so far as saving is concerned (maybe not on BML though).

31. solicitr

The AI traffic in scenarios is bespoke. Journey Mode, though, is just timetable with preset weather

• Like Like x 1
  32. JustWentSouth

DCZ Eastbound Chaos with the 612

It's the 612 at night, with bright headlights on a beautiful route. It's controlling speed going down the 2.5% ramp with traffic ahead of you. It's blinking GNT and PZB lights all over your dash ...

Launch with the 143 in service RB30 17333 at 19:28. Open the doors and wait.

Get out of the chair at 19:56 and step out of the door onto platform 12. At 19:58, give up the service at the prompt. As the 143 leaves, stay in the same spot.

At 20:00 you will see your 612 service arriving at the same platform. When it stops right beside you, open the door and head to the cab. At 20:01, the AI driver appears. Click on the driver and take over the service which is IRE 1 3095 Nurnberg to Dresden. Everything in the cab should be set up. You will need to go back to the cabinet for PZB, SIFA, and GNT.

At 20:02, close your doors and depart.

Enjoy. This is a good run.

Notes: While setting this up, I used the save game feature to adjust the timings. However, every time I launched the saved game and took over the 612, it would let me rev the engine, but not move forward despite all my troubleshooting. So, don't rely on the save game feature for this run. Also, don't wait too long to give up the 143. If the 612 is running late when it arrives at the platform, the dwell time will be minimal; you will be hard pressed to get into the driver's seat before it leaves. The timings above were the best compromise I found between keeping the traffic in front of you and having a good amount of time to prepare the train and leave.

33. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

Two SEHS routes:
    395 1F20@0955. Adverse signals on the non-HS portion. Recommend rain for best effect.
    375 1P04@0526. Blinking yellow before Newington. Be fast enough and the following 395 will wait for you after Rainham. Let the 395 pass and get adverse signals, fall off schedule.

• Like Like x 1
  34. pterocles#7018

• Like Like x 1
  35. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

1F01, despite it being a nice service to drive, it CANNOT be completed due to the dispatcher giving a green signal to an empty platform at London Victoria. A very long queue starts to form from London Victoria to Clapham Junction as a result...

20220118225458_1.jpg 20220118225150_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  36. driverwoods#1787

I agree and there's the 19:40 ICE 19 trip to Köln Hbf

37. Djb1990

Djb1990 Active Member

Had a nice little run on the bakerloo line just now.

241-06 H&W - E&C at 10:13.

The overground part was fairly standard really, following another service but it never really affects you.

I was running about 30/40 seconds late by the time I arrived at Queens park, and I was held at a red just before the station as another service was released into the platform ahead of me (from the siding).

I don't know if this will happen every time, or if it was only because I was late, but it made for a very interesting run as I was following that train fairly closely for the entire underground run. It wasn't endless reds, but I definitely had to be careful.

It was surely one of the most enjoyable runs I've had on the bakerloo line

38. JustWentSouth

DCZ Eastbound Freight 85303 Zwickau - Berlin at 14:20

This is a 1168 ton train down the ramp and controlling speed is a challenge. We don't have a PZB table for DCZ*, but I thought it reasonable to run Mode M with a max speed of 90 kph.

When you start off, your first objective is a Go Via Waypoint at 48 km. The character of the back half of the run depends on whether you reach that waypoint before or after 15:15 and 3 seconds.

If you reach the waypoint after 15:15:03, you get a red at Tharandt for an S3 eastbound service that leaves at 15:16. This results in plenty of PZB action into Dresden. Get to the waypoint before that time and you leave Tharandt ahead of the S3.

Here is the excellent DRA Freight PZB spreadsheet compiled by cwf.green : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/155xv4zQ10abM6s9thXf9XnrcmRiAc1QrIRni-oKvjCg/edit#gid=0

• Like Like x 1
  39. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

The excel spreadsheet for Dresden-Riesa made by tygerways#2596 should be applicable in DCZ as well, but you have to program it manually with the number of cars and gradient.

If I remeber correctly the car transporters go between 100 and 90 km/h depending on gradient.

• Like Like x 1
  40. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

Which one does this happen with? 05:36 1F01 from Eastbourne or 06:11 1F01 from Littlehampton? Or both?

41. londonmidland

I believe it’s the latter.

42. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm did you also have this issue? The rear gangway doors are initially closed but the driving cab at the front of the train where you are situated has the internal doors set as though it is an intermediate cab and as soon as you open the cab up so you can activate AWS etc.... the gangway doors at the rear open and cannot be closed as they just show as locked.

(This is on the 06:11 1F01 service)
    TSW2_David_1642695253_00.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  43. londonmidland

Yes, I believe I had the same issues with the rear gangway doors staying open, without being able to close them.

44. cloudyskies21

Just for context and a useful tip overall, every London Commuter service I play, I spawn via foot first as opposed to starting via the menu service selection screen as a lot of the bugs, like this you mentioned or the likes of endless red signals, don't appear.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. JustWentSouth

DCZ Westbound Chaos with the 612
    This is pretty straightforward to set up.

Start in the 612 in Service IRE1 3094 at 16:59. Set up your cab at Dresden and depart on time. Slow down and prepare to stop when you see the first signal that indicates you are heading onto the high speed line.

You want to come to a complete stop shortly after getting on the high speed line and just beyond kilometer post 6.4. Stop before reaching this signal just before kilometer post 6.6.

DCZ Chaos.jpg

Wait until after 17:18 and 15 seconds to pass that signal. Enjoy the run!
    This lets an RB 30 service get in front of you and you follow it all the way to Chemnitz.
    A great run:
    Train Sim World 2®   1_22_2022 5_00_20 PM.png

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
  46. pterocles#7018

I did as you mentioned but the gangway door bug appeared on the London Victoria-Sutton 19:45 service.

47. cloudyskies21

Ah yes I'm afraid that bug frustratingly still appears regardless until DTG fix it, but at least the amount of red signal bugs etc encountered should be almost minimal by spawning.

48. driverwoods#1787

49. JustWentSouth

Thanks for posting this. I can't seem to find those runs on BML, though! London geography is not my forte. What am I missing?

50. driverwoods#1787

My mistake and those runs are on East coastway.

• Like Like x 1