2022 Route Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Asheix, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Asheix

Asheix Active Member

I have two ideas so I will include them in one post as opposed to multiple.

1) Ashford International - Dover Priory
    I have proposed two versions of this route before and I would love to see either in the game in the future. First first is a modern-day route with a Class 395 from St Pancras or a 375 from Charing Cross. Pretty ordinary and you can probably imagine how it will look already, and containing scenarios that will likely be no different to any other route.

[​IMG]
    Golden Arrow traveling between London and Dover
    [​IMG]
    Inside the Pullman coach pulled by the Golden Arrow

• Ashford International
    • Westenhanger
    • Sandling
    • Folkestone West
    • Folkestone Central
    • Dover Priory

This is a cab view within a Hastings Diesel on a railtour day, but you can see the route clearly

The other route and some of you will know I have proposed this before, will be fitting for when DTG introduces steam to the game. It is the same route, but it actually goes between London Victoria and the now disused Dover Harbour station, and it would be set in the 1930s and you drive the Golden Arrow. Passengers would disembark the Golden Arrow to then catch a ferry to France. Previously, the train would roll onto a ferry and go across the Channel.

2) Hastings - London Charing X
    This route I know is longer than Brighton to London Victoria, and I know others have proposed similar variations to the route also. I feel DTG could also have some flexibility with this route and set it in other eras as opposed to the constant use of modern-day. Arguably, the route is most known for the Hastings Diesels that went up and down the line post-steam, and they are occasionally used still for rail tours. So, I don't see the harm of using them solely for a route in TSW2 and giving the Electrostars a rest.

[​IMG]
    Hastings Diesel alongside a steam goods train at Hastings Station
    [​IMG]
    Hastings Diesel in 1975 heading towards Hastings departing from West St Leonards

Shaky footage of a passenger filming on a Hastings DEMU. I am not a train enthusiast by any definition, and I cannot tell if it is a Hastings Diesel or not. So I will leave that up to you. I am just proposing a route.
    • Hastings
    • St Leonards Warrior Square
    • West St Leonards (fast service omits this stop)
    • Crowhurst (fast service omits this stop)
    • Battle
    • Etchingham (fast service omits this stop)
    • Stonegate (fast service omits this stop)
    • Wadhurst
    • Frant (fast service omits this stop)
    • Tunbridge Wells
    • High Brooms (fast service omits this stop)
    • Tonbridge
    • Hildenborough (fast service omits this stop)
    • Sevenoaks
    • Orpington
    • London Bridge
    • London Waterloo East
    • London Charing X

I know the route might be too long for some, and termination of a service at Tonbridge might be preferable to them. However, I would prefer the route to go all the way to London, as stopping at Tonbridge would feel like East Coastway where it just stops at Eastbourne and not Hastings or Ore. If modern-day must be done, then this route sees the 375 and 465 from Tunbridge Wells.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

For some reason, both of videos are broken.

• Like Like x 2
  3. seandouglas

seandouglas Active Member

Would love to see the SEML and Hastings line in TSW, and yes, it's long but routes are getting longer so hopefully one day it'll be possible! I'd like to see different variants of the 465 and 375 than the ones we see on SEHS, and the SEHS variants can easily be subbed in to this as well. Don't forget the slow services between Charing Cross and Canon Street and Orpington/Sevenoaks. Also would be good to see Canon Street in the game! And if you really want to be extra, add the Hayes branch line, though this may make the mileage/station count too high

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Present Day Hastings line can work and for Retros downloadable content you might need MLV 419 4VEP 4CIG these worked together with Class 205 around 1986 when the line was electrified.

5. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

I think they block videos here now

6. seandouglas

seandouglas Active Member

As in with an alternate timetable? I think that could work really well. Are you thinking pre NSE then?

7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

That is correct because in 1986 NSE did not exist yet

• Like Like x 1
  8. opgames

opgames Active Member

Same here mate

9. Asheix

Asheix Active Member

The videos are not broken. 'Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner.' Clicking the video will still allow you to see it on YouTube.

• Helpful Helpful x 1