PC Rhur/ Seig (rsn) And Implications For Rt

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Coppo, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

So, this from the Developers' diary:
    It sounds like the PZB and German Signalling systems have made big steps forward since Rapid Transit and I’m sure that the next big question I’m going to be getting a lot is whether and when these improvements will be coming to Rapid Transit and the DB BR 1442 Talent 2 EMU?
    Unfortunately, the nature of the required changes is too substantial for this to be quick fix so it's not going to be something that happens soon. Most of the improvements are in the signalling system and this may end up requiring a complete re-signalling of the Leipzig S2 route to take on the changes. We're not ruling it out, but we simply don't have resources available to undertake a project of that magnitude right now. Upgrading the Talent 2 will be a simpler job but would need to happen after the route work has been completed.

This leads me to the following questions (assuming there will be no immediate update to RT):
    1. is the PZB in RSN capable of being turned off? if so -
    2. can the vehicles with disabled PZB then be used in RT?
    3. if not, will the owners of RT get a discount option for RSN, as the 143 and Dosto's were being developed for RT originally, and the RT route does not have a good RoI for the consumer as it currently stands.
    4. Could a DB 442 be created and launched for RSN as an add-on

Over to you...
    John

• Like Like x 1
  2. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

1. PZB in RT is off by default so I assume this will be the same for RSN.
    2. This is not currently possible and unlikely to occur before the creation tools are released and quite possibly not even then.
    3. No.
    4. Not any time soon.
    This is all IMO of course but I'm fairly confident about my answers.

3. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

1. I doubt DTG would force players to use safety systems in TSW as that could alienate users who don't know how to use those safety systems. So far PZB, DSD, AWS, the Alerter, ATC & ACSES have all been automatically switched off.

2. DTG does not seem to be providing any compatability between RSN and RT.

3. The 143 and Doppelstockwagen were not being modelled for RT originally for two reasons. A: The 143 cannot travel through the city tunnel for fire safety problems and B: the ground level part of Leipzig Hbf isn't modelled making it impossible to run services there. This makes it impossible to use the 143 on the RT route.

4. The DB BR 1442 (or 442) does not operate on the RSN route and never has done (especially in S-Bahn Mitteldeutschland livery) so this would be a very inaccurate dlc.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

from the AVV.de website,translated by Google:
    The suburban traffic Rhineland (NVR) and DB Regio have agreed that from mid-April 2018 on the Rhein-Sieg-Express (RSX) two additional air-conditioned and modernized train sets with five double-deck coaches (Dosto) will be used. As a result, half a million more seats per year can be offered. In return, one of the older, non-air-conditioned Dosto wagon trains as well as several Talent 2 vehicles that have so far operated on the RSX route will be taken out of the vehicle fleet.

The two newly added sets consist of modernized and air-conditioned existing vehicles and have more than 600 seats each. They will increase capacity, especially during peak hours. The trains consist of three middle cars 2nd class, a middle car 1./2. Class and a control car 2nd class together. They are also powered by more modern locomotives, which have a higher performance than those used previously.

Both Dosto trains were subjected to a so-called refresh before their use: seat cushions were exchanged and toilets revised. In addition, the trains got on the outside a new paint and the widely recognizable RSX marking. A further increase in capacity for the RSX is achieved by combining the remaining Talent 2 railcars in the network into more seated trains, depending on the existing platform lengths.

So the 442 should be capable of appearing in Siegen, even if it doesn't go much further...
    The feedback on number 3 is useful to know. I would add that it was over a year ago that I spoke to one of the DTG staff at Warley, when they mentioned that they were working in the Dosto's and loco, so perhaps I assumed that they were targetting them for RT.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  5. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

I should like to add that,in my opinion, the RT route is poorly served by DTG, and that it really does need extra vehicles to allow for some service variation. Especially with regard to using all the extra sidings for freight and carriage storage...

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  6. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

This is the Rhein Sieg Express which operatea between Aachen and Siegen. None of it's route is included in Ruhr Sieg Nord. The only passenger services on the RSN route are the RE16 Ruhr Sieg Express and RB91, both of which use FLIRT trains operated by Abellio. These services used the BR 143 when operated by Deutsche Bahn, however the Talent 2 hasn't been used on the Ruhr-Sieg service. As Siegen isn't included in RSN, the Rhein-Sieg Express service is irrelevant to the route.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

I hope DTG will build the Leipzig main station and add the BR143 and BR185 to RT.
    This will add so much to this beautiful route. Sure the BR143 can't go through the tunnel but it can go from Leipzig main station to Dessau.
    Even if DTG is to lazy to build the main station, they could add them and let the services terminate for the player at Leipzig Nord, like reading in GWE.

• Like Like x 7
  8. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

I feel like it really needs to be properly emphasised that it is completely false that "143 and Dosto's were being developed for RT originally".
    I don't know where you think you got that information but its dangerous to spread misinformation like that.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

I got the information from a DTG representative at the Ally Pally model railway show. However, I may have confused things a bit and should have referred to 182 not 143 (although you can have 143's running on the RT route, as covered in a thread from earlier this year (
    Rapid Transit - Where's The Rest Of The Stock? - May 14)
    I asked why RT only came with one piece of rolling stock and thay told me that they had other stock in preparation but that they were delayed as they tried to resolve some issues, and that they hoped it would be resolved soon. That was earlier this year.
    That is the information I got from their representative at that time.
    Now it may be that either he mis-understood the question and thought I was asking when new items were coming out, or I mis-interpretted the answer as being relevant to RT.
    I refer you to the earlier thread, which contained some interesting information.

In the meantime the pre-release for RSN has been announced and I hope that, like me, you have placed an order for it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

I hope that buying the new route will let the new trains show up in Rapid Transit as AI (kind of like CSX add-on train in the Heavy Haul route).