PC Tharandter Rampe: Dresden – Chemnitz - The Definitive Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Jan 6, 2022.

1. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Steam has download something today but still no DLC. Was looking forward to playing tonight and it appears that is going to be unlikely. Guess I'll have to make do running another route which is such a hardship.

On a serious note perhaps moving forward preorder steam sales should end at EOP pacific time the day prior to release so us steam customers in the rest of the world arent the poor relations when it comes to release times.

2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Yes this is still coming out today.

3. neddyie116

neddyie116 Active Member

I guess I will believe you:)

4. Schnitzla

Schnitzla Member

That's relative. It depends in which time zone do you life.;)

5. Michael Newbury

If you are on Steam and depending on your time zone it will start to download around 10am PST

• Like Like x 1
  6. neddyie116

neddyie116 Active Member

It's now available on Steam:love:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Michael Newbury

Just started to download for me

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

I am getting it now started at 1300 EST.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

Just started downloading for me too.

10. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Yes it is most definitely coming. 3 minutes to go...

11. OldVern

Of course we have two threads running on this route, here and in Live.
    Anyhow initial impressions very good, sound especially curve grinding is amazing.
    Track texture looks rather bleached and shiny, needs toning down to something less glaring and more subtle.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Schnitzla

Schnitzla Member

Where I'm able to post bugs?

13. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Just as a very quick summary of this route.

Absolutely banging.

I love trying to learn that 612 style whilst fighting numerous warning buzzers etc. Route looks great, couple of little laggy bits. I'll have my very first route play up online tomorrow if anyone wants to tell me how awful I am but yeah overall I personally think this is up there!. Just a chilled out drive.

Other than spotting one dodgy bit on a river Im impressed and coming into Dresden - WOW

14. Choo choo

Choo choo Well-Known Member

I don't know if it has been said, but I really like the fact that there are so many preparation/stabling services, that makes the route feel quite alive.

• Like Like x 1
  15. chieflongshin

Has anyone had the headlights working on the Railpool? Mine don't seem to light up. Switch engaged and turned to headlight on the wall behind me.

16. kurtosizm

kurtosizm Well-Known Member

Had a little fight with that, you have to set it behind you first, then on the desk in front of you there's another switch.

17. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

So, some of my observations (I only messed around with DCZ for around 30min):

- Lots of missing level crossings
    - I tried a BR442-stabling in Freiberg. It took me in a non-electrified siding, where I could not reach my destination due to loss of power (no overhead)
    - some stabling-moves that are in 2 parts, are named exactly the same (always named part 1) (saw this at the RP BR 185.6)
    - the RP BR 185.6 does not sound right I think (BR101 sounds?). It should not have any "Türfreigabe"-sounds as it is a freight locomotive. A pity, you did not use the sounds from the MRCE BR 185.5 from DRA.
    - LZB not working on the 185.6 despite the switch being usable
    - a pity, the red BR363 cannot be used to sub in for the blue one
    - BR 112 again doing freight trains (but only 7)
    - BR1442 from RT subbing in in services, where it should not (I would not mind if it would switch in for another similar train, but it is completely wrong in that time period, and it was already explained, that it is a bug)
    - the new cab-car is showing with the VVO-logos in the preview in the selection screen

+ 36 services for the BR612
    + nice-looking route overall, if the small bugs can be fixed
    + lots of trains in the yards, very nice

• Like Like x 3
  18. joerg.lange

joerg.lange Well-Known Member

Just back from the first trip. Wow, the good impression from the first stream has been fully confirmed. It's so difficult to drive from Chemnitz to Dresden, you have to pay attention to the speeds and all the uphill and downhill sections. Almost exhausting. ;)

The only negative thing I noticed was the Tharandt thing (post #128) and there seem to be some missing railway crossings along the route. I'll have to check that again individually.

But otherwise: absolutely recommendable.

19. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is:
    a) the timetable incredibly tight and
    b) the stop time at stations really short? Passengers were still getting off when it wanted me to shut the doors.

I've only done a bit of a run but it was a nice bit of a run nonetheless. Will be playing more.

• Like Like x 3
  20. joerg.lange

Yes, of course. I don't know every level crossing "personally" :) but I am almost certain that there is not a single ungated level crossing along the entire route.

21. joerg.lange

Yes, I also found it extremely exhausting (in a positive way) to keep to the timetable.

22. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

I found this out the back of Chemnitz Hbf, whilst looking for gnomes... TSW2_Coppo_1642103399_00.png

23. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

I did a RB30 run and the route itself is great, it's the kind of route I love and so it was must-have for me.
    I don't know the route and was very surprised by the Tharandt - Dresden portion of the route, especially around Dresden Plauen. This route will keep me captivated for a while.
    The service mode is also packed with shunting and stabling service, which is great for variety and will hopefully enable to do continuous runs of multiple services.

Unfortunately, the travel times are once again cut VERY short, RB30 has it's total travel time shortened by a little over 11 minutes. I have also noticed a reversed floating gantry between Chemnitz and Nieredwiesa.

24. TKessel

TKessel Well-Known Member

Jepp, I confirm the 185.6 uses the BR101 sounds....why???

• Like Like x 1
  25. _kuerbis

_kuerbis New Member

Does anybody else have the problem where the high beam lights on the cab car won't turn off no matter what? I've tried everything and it seems like on all the cab cars on the route the high beams are permanently stuck on. Even when trailing where it is especially noticeable because then it will have the Zg2 (two reds) and the 2 high beams on. Mildly annoying...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  26. redrev1917

I dont think the route has any LZB zones due to the low speeds.

• Like Like x 1
  27. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

LZB is only installed on a few lines. Dresden Chemnitz certainly isn't one of them.

28. redrev1917

Just done the 612 training and the Traffic Jam scenario, and I will say this

Wow what an amazing and challenging train to drive,

Whilst as others have noticed theres a few graphical issues to iron out, but the route runs like a dream, Ive had no stuttering or freezes so far.

I asked Matt on the Road Map stream if he was confident of a smooth release and after a little coaxing from Sam he replied he was. Well on PC atleast he has been proven correct.

What a route and I know I am going to have hours of fun mastering and learning this route. Its a resounding yes from me. Love it

• Like Like x 4
  29. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

The route is challenging and fun. Turn on all the safety systems and you really need to keep your brain switched on. The 612 is totally hands on and you are constantly on the move doing this. I really enjoy the route, its taken another step towards simulator which is very pleasing. Maik did a great job on the 612 its awesome.

The only thing I don't like is how the throttle was done on Raildriver but thats life. Its not consistent with how it works with game pad controller and keyboard and needs to be brought into line. Hopefully this will happen.

You can if you care to, watch my video of my full thoughts on the route

Paul

• Like Like x 8
  30. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Yeah. The real timings are even tighter and slack is only at the two Hbfs. AI trains ran about 3L eventually but when arriving at the last stop, it was mysteriously 5E. I had to manually adjust these timings in hope take make them more achievable. The shorter load times were done to try to help speed things up.

It's not perfect and I'm much rather follow real timetable, one that is achievable IRL.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. pwarner893

pwarner893 New Member

The brake cylinder indicators on the exterior of the Railpool stay green no matter what even when breaking is applied.

EDIT: Also, the handbrake button in the cab doesn't light up when applied as in the other variants.

32. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

1st Impression very impressed, I took a night run circa 20:00 Chemnitz to Dresden in the 612. Proper challenging drive. I was familar with the 612 from ZUSI 3 so had an idea how to drive it although did get a PZB brake application on for a 60km/h limit whoops!!

Paid full whack as I wasnt sure and took a plunge after seeing mostly positive comments and am very impressed. Will go for a daylight run tomorrow possibly on the freight. Also noted sidings and AI in the Dresden area chock full of trains and stabled locos!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. lux#4689

PIS is acting weird for me, on most trains either blank or "Bitte nicht einsteigen", on the plattforms just blank most of the time.

DCZ does not have LZB, but you can use the loco on a route that has LZB, and it does not work. I tried ;)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  34. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Loving the route and the regioswinger.

35. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

The Railpool 185.6 is based on the 185.2 (The 2 Pantograph version). I was questioning this too, because the sound etc, but it seems dtg like to have a lot of work afterwards when (if?) adam is updating the loco to a newer version. Yes the indicators dont work as well,

However i like the route and especially the br 612. Just nice to have a release which comes up to my expectations. For those who asked, yes you can refuel the DMU. Also the entire Substitution is a lot of variety and there is plenty of rolling stock on sidings, which makes the route more alive. Well done "move" from dtg to create the tilting, so they can deliver a truely experience with tsw, which i can call an improvement!

Just had to try ;) (hidden suggestion for Skyhook):
    TSW2_Meridian_1642113327_00.png

TSW2_Meridian_1642113300_00.png

36. OldVern

Now on Traffic Jam and approaching Freiburg on time. Admittedly I've been thrashing it and have PZB off until more familiar with the route.
    On the previous 612 introduction I did have a bit of stuttering and a couple of pauses in the Chemnitz area such as I thought the sim had locked up.
    The ballast and track looks better in the rain, think this is more a core issue as it goes shiny from the headlights on oncoming trains, as they pass. I think the route building PW also needs a sweep through the route as a few locations where shrub tufts are across the track.
    But overall this is lovely and well worth the Day 1 purchase (actually pre-order).

37. chieflongshin

Pzb on isn't too bad OldVern wirh the traffic levels. I found the gnt a devil to get on with initially.
    This train is like a bmw

Something minor "Bong"
    Something to change "Bong"
    Something major "Bong"
    You're going to crash and burn "Bong"

That's how I found the 612 buzzes:cool:

• Like Like x 4
  38. TKessel

Just tried the 766.2 - the SIFA is not working, when you switch it on the SIFA Symbol is just constantly on, no alerts are coming.

• Like Like x 1
  39. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That sounds more like Sifa off.

• Like Like x 1
  40. TKessel

Nope, SIFA was on, tried several times. Friend also tested - does not work.

• Like Like x 1
  41. lux#4689

is the switch next to the second man seat on on? Not that in the new cab car, they switched it to off there?

42. TKessel

I'm always using SHIFT + NUM Enter and CTRL + NUM Enter for PZB / SIFA. The Onscreen Message "SIFA ON" is shown, but it is not working. This is only on the new route, so I assume it is a bug.

EDIT: The BR 442 "MD" - Mitteldeutschland is using PZB Mode U like on Rapid Transit constantly, not possible to switch it.

upload_2022-1-13_23-52-37.png

43. redrev1917

Ive just tested this and with the default 766 I can confirm that the SIFA does not work, switching to the Riesa Dresden 766 SIFA works. Ive not tested the other versions but Id envisage the issue relates only to the default version

Until this gets fixed just use the Riesa one. Not ideal I know, Ive put a support ticket in and would urge you to do the same

• Like Like x 2
  44. 5cip

5cip Active Member

Beautiful track and awesome sounds and runs much better than the other dresden track nearly no stutters

45. trainside

trainside New Member

I can't turn off the headlights on the 766.2, when I turn on the tail lights the headlights remain on. Same for the AI.

I also have a problem with the timetable for DB BR143 and especially with S3 Freiberg (Sachs) Service Preparation Part 1 13:15 00:01.
    The DB BR143 derails instantly because the DB G6 Shunter is standing in the same place.
    If I uninstall the DLC DB G6 Shunter the BR363 DBB is there instead with the same result, DB BR143 derails instantly.

I removed all the mods I have installed plus clean Engine.ini, same result

I also verified all files in Steam, nothing wrong.

I have all the German DLC installed.

Have any of you noticed these issues?

46. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I just had my first run with the 612. Wow! This is the most enjoyable loco in the game for me. What an engaging experience it is to drive on such a challenging and good looking route. Thanks, Maik, Joe, and all at DTG for this excellent DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  47. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I concur! Went for a run up the Rampe in the 612, absolutely astonished! I haven’t had such a “WOW” experience since I first started playing the game about a year ago.

• Like Like x 1
  48. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

What happens when you load the freemode 5min before your service starts, and take it over right there?

49. OldVern

Re the stuttering I reported. Noticed on exiting the game there was a Windows Update ready to go so looks like that may have been downloading in the background sapping resources. Have come across this before when a game has suddenly seemed sluggish. Will report further when I go back on the game later today.

• Like Like x 1
  50. al.

al. Member

Dunno if its just me but i find Chemnitz Hbf. way too bright during the day (I cant imagine it being that bright irl during the day).

Hope this can be adjusted in a future patch.