Thoughts On Tharandter Rampe And Br 612

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by pascal.weick, Jan 14, 2022.

1. pascal.weick

pascal.weick Active Member

So in my opinion the new Route is really great. Lot of scenic views and Places. One Thing which really blon my mind is that in timetable mode there are a lot of Locos and trains in sidings, waiting for service. Even if some of them not moving the whole day, it really ads tho the immersion of a busy route and stations. I hope we'll see this more often in the future. Now some things about the 612. I really enjoy driving it and it looks and sounds great. But there are some things which are a bit strange...

1. You cant use the Sunvisor in the Cab. I dont know why but i wish we could as on other trains.

2. The secondary seat in the Cab is also not usable. Would be nice if we could use it.

3. On the right MFD you can change the contrast. But not on the left. Maybe overseen by the devs.

And the last, knows anybody how to uncouple two 612 Units? The Uncoupling Key does nothing. I really hope someone can tell me.

Apart from all that, its really a great Route with nice trains. What are your thoughts about good and bad things here?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

The track is really very nice. The new motor train is very nicely modeled. We really like tilting the train. The downside is that the game slows down near the city of Dresden. The game even crashed on my PS5. Sifa in Dosto driving cars does not work. Overall, this DLC is successful. I hope to correct all errors soon.

3. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I agree, this route is also well done. Didn't see everthing so far, but a very detailed scenery and landscape, that offers also a lot of variety. Shunting at Freiberg really makes fun and if you own the G6, you can use it therefor, instead of the BR363. A lot of layers been used (even on 8th gen consoles) what is quite nice. And finally "Railpool" is a good alternative to DB red. Of course the highlight marks the new BR612 with its tilting technique, which almost let you fly through the many curves...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I really like the route,

As mentioned above the sun visor blind or lack there of in the 612 is annoying.

The AI 612 units have tilt issues. There are many cases of a 4 car AI set on straight and level track with the 3rd car at max tilt.

The games crashes for me while walking around Dresden station, I'm playing the PS4 version on PS5.

What I really like is the way the spare rolling stock and locos are parked up around yards and stations. A big improvement over past German routes.

5. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

So for the first time since I didn't pre order they release a perfect route? Lessons learned?

6. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

You can use the sun visor, at least on PC, it is electronically controlled by two buttons underneath the desk next to the wipers.

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It doesn’t sound perfect. There is a bug thread with a growing list of issues.

EDIT: There are now several threads reporting a variety of issues, including crashes on PC, PlayStation 4/5 and Xbox.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Too early for Champaign bottles. If it sounds too good, it usually isn't.
    Nevertheless: Lovely and meticulously designed scenery, tracks, stations, landscapes and rolling spare material. The 612 was a pleasure to ride (although I struggle with that somewhat funny throttle lever behavior - but I guess this is what's supposed to be). No crash (so far!), but nearing Dresden I've experienced a severe fps drop and stutter.

And now for what I really want to ride on that route: Bring in Ludmilla - altbelüftet - YEAH!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  9. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

As much as we might like, there will never be a "perfect" add-on. We could spend years working on a route and still find areas that could be improved.

This does not mean that we don't take your feedback seriously and any reports of crashes will be investigated. We acknowledge that the community haven't felt like our most recent releases have been up to the standard you expect and we are working to rectify that.

Tharandter Rampe will hopefully be a step in the right direction.

• Like Like x 8
  10. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I really don’t expect perfect personally, but we keep seeing the same issues over and over again. It’s like nothing is being learnt. It’s really disheartening.

• Like Like x 5
  11. pascal.weick

pascal.weick Active Member

Thanks for that, i'll try it later

12. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Tharandter Rampe is an Amazing route, but this suffers from one serious problem. Consistency. What I mean is one route is good and the next one is mediocre or bad. This was good, but that also makes me nervous for the next add on

13. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I disagree. Armstrong Powerhouse add-ons are almost all 'perfect' or 'near perfect'. I wonder why. They don't spend years on their content.

14. antwerpcentral

Could you please specify or list the major problems because I can't find anything serious game impacting like lag, or red lights or crashes on PS4

When I read this thread I read it like "a visor that doesn't work and a chair that I never use that I can't use is something I don't really care about". Something not looking the same as in real life or not sounding exactly the same I don't care about it either. Just looking for smooth gameplay.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

im enjoying this route very much. no crashes, no frame rate issues. so far ive done all the training and 3 scenarios and 1 timetable mode.
    loving this route and its quickly becoming my No1 route.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

Well I have to be honest, even though things got off to a terrible start due to the PS5 DLC issues, playing this route has been a joy thus far.

The combination of the 612 on this route is fast becoming my favorite. The twisty route causing constant speed limits changes and the fluctuations with the gradients really do mean this isn't a route you could fall asleep on.

The scenery looks really good from the little I have noticed, as my eyes spend most of the time watching the limits and gradient to notice most of the time (nearly missed a few stops as well because of this)

Then to round it off, you can tell the timetable was done by Joe as its filled with AI service and parked up trains that all really add to the immersion

So yeah, this route is one of the good ones

• Like Like x 3
  17. antwerpcentral

For the first time I don't feel bad about the harsh things being said about TSW2. DTG is a rather small developer so shouting at them always feels like beating a puppy with a bat. But I was wrong, you should beat cute little puppies with a bat because it seems to work. This route is amazing. Matt can be very proud of his team. It really feels like a masterpiece. This is what every route should feel like.

I wonder if there is a way for DTG to know before they start working on a route how good it will be because this route raises the bar. You definitely need more routes that have trains that don't have the typical controls of a train. The way how you control the train and the tricky layout of the track makes this an experience worth calling a video game. I know DTG doesn't have the luxury to abandon planned routes just because they are not engaging enough but you should find a process that gives you a hint of what the end result will be.

For those wondering if the route is perfect. Nope. On PS4 pro Dresden feels a lot like Victoria station but this time it makes sense. You start to get familiar with the route on the less busy part so you actually get a very nice experience before the performance issues kick in. London commuter started with performance issues before you got to experience the route so you were done with the game before it even started. This time you know the performance issues are only a very small part of the route. Very smart!

I always found it difficult to name a favourite route but no longer. This is my favourite route.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Well said.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Well said!

But noooo, you shouldn´t beat a puppy with a bat! Use the SUN or BILD or alikes instead.
    BTW: My dog is the only one NOT happy about this route. :)

Just a small glitch: On Fast Line to Freiberg you have to couple to another unit. But somebody should remove the cape from the coupler, no?
    Train Sim World 2_20220115080347.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  20. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Performance issues will never be smart. Game crashes have been reported around Dresden. Enough said.

21. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Not a glitch. See that little role of fabric on top of the covered coupling? That‘s the front of the cover rolled up. Essentially, you can “open” the covers and don’t need to remove them.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

You only have to search the threads. I’m not making it up if that’s what you think. I have absolutely no reason to do so.

23. antwerpcentral

The route sounds also very better. This train feels more alive than the BLM duostar rattle noise

24. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Perfection in software does not exist in this vale of tears.

25. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

An electronically controlled sun visor? I love this train ;)

26. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Thanks for clarification! Got it. :)

27. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I never claimed it was. I was responding to another’s post and pointing out it wasn’t perfect based on early feedback.

28. mleestrike101delta

mleestrike101delta Member

The PS4 version comes with the base trains only, right? Then are the crashes and stuttering around Dresden worse or better then Nahverkehr? And finally, as I have PS Plus, I get that 10% "out of the oven" discount (like when I bought Sherman Hill) , is it worth it or should I wait for a larger sale and perhaps see if they can iron out some of the issues? Thank you.

29. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

The PS4 version runs very well for me. I’ve done all the tutorials & scenarios as well as collected all of the 80 souvenirs, which means I’ve visited every spot on the route multiple times, and have not experienced a single crash yet. Framerate in Dresden is surprisingly a lot better than Nahverkehr, even though many trains are standing around in the sidings, making the whole area feel very populated.
    Contrary to popular belief, you actually get more than just the base trains on Gen 8 consoles. The Talent 2 is fully implemented (if you own Nahverkehr Dresden) and appears naturally around the route. You’re also able to substitute the existing BR 185 variants if you want to do the freight services with them. Very cool!

30. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I’ve heard that the BR 182 passenger loco DLC adds a few services to the route. I also watched a video by someone who had the DLC installed, and the total service count was over 200 (contrary to the roundabout 196 services you get with the base trains + maybe the Talent 2, don’t know if that adds anything or just substitutes). Could someone with the 182 loco DLC check if any services get added (and if that’s correct, which ones). I would also like to know if that layer is included on last gen consoles, would be amazing if someone could confirm or deny that. Thanks!

31. antwerpcentral

It's not stuttering or framedrops, It's a sort of lag that makes movement feel slow but this is only at the station itself. On BLM you had to drive 10min before that lag disappeared. Here you only notice it when you get your results or start roaming Dresden.

Is it worth it? This is the best route in the series. If you like TSW2 this is the route to get. I bought many routes being disappointed I didn't wait for sales but this one I'm glad I bought it because it made me pick up the game again. And I notice I don't care a lot anymore about the other routes as they are not on the same level as this route regarding the driving experience.

You can deal with performance issues in a smart way. One of the reasons I was fed up with DTG was because it seemed like they did not test a game before releasing. When I played BLM for the first time the journey was unplayable because the second service you got started from Victoria. You immediately were presented a mess. As the journey is the career mode it's for most people the introduction to the route. When I chose a service that started from Brighton the game looked entirely different and you see not the entire route is a problematic mess. The performance issues in Dresden are very less severe. It actually only kicks in once you stopped your train at Dresden that's why I think it's smart.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Looked it up. There´re 20 services listed for the 182, anything mixed Freight and Dostos services. I didn´t bother to fire it up though. The 612 is just too good. ;-)

Train Sim World 2_20220116075022.jpg Train Sim World 2_20220116075841.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  33. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think I might bite the bullet today and buy the route. Hearing more positive than negative.

34. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Very cool, thanks for letting us know!

35. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Bought it. But now I’m doing overtime at work so can’t play it properly until tomorrow.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  36. pjwilson15

pjwilson15 Member

I have been playing this route for the last three days and all I can say is that I love it.
    My favourite German route so far. I love the variety of services and the scenery is awesome.
    I'm on a PS4, fully loaded with all DLC's and the route runs beautifully.
    Good job Dovetail.

• Like Like x 1
  37. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Do you have the red BR 182 loco DLC by chance, and does it show up on the route for you? Still trying to find out which layers are available on last gen since the info Matt gave on the preview streams wasn’t correct. Contrary to what he said, the Talent 2 is included on last gen. Maybe the 182 is there as well since it has a few additional playable services!

38. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

If you select any other Dosto then SIFA will work, it's only the newer version which is bugged. I just use the Dresden Riesa dosto until it's fixed.

39. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

It works for me by connecting an additional sifa fuse which was always enabled before. Also in this version, automatic sifa/pzb detection has been implemented, so you don't hear the beep every time you press sifa on the controller. I hope it helps.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  40. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

So far I only did the tutorioals and the first 2 scenarios, so this is a small sample size.

I'm loving the route, no doubt about that. The route is great. The 612 on the other hand... I'm not falling head over heels for this train if I'm honest... throttle response is very sluggish and brakes are too rough. It'll take some time to get used to the way she handles.

41. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ve had a little play of the route today and I’m quite impressed so far. I haven’t noticed anything problematic which is ALWAYS a bonus.

42. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

My only issue with this route so far is that I'm enjoying it far too much and found it really difficult to leave the sofa over the weekend.

The 612 took a bit of getting used to but now that I'm a bit more familiar with it I'm starting to be able to keep it on or around the speed limit and get it slowed down in time, though in services I'm still running a bit late due to my own mistakes.

The surprise for me has been the freight runs and the shunting. Neither have been my favourite in the past, but with the really nice scenery and ai running around, I found I'm really quite enjoying them. The 363 scenario in particular was very good fun.

Very pleased with this particular add on. I was expecting to like it as German routes are my favourite anyway, but with all the speed limit and gradient changes, it really does keep you focused.

43. antwerpcentral

I never thought I would love a sluggish diesel train after playing Cornwall but I'm in love with the 612. The controls are actually very snappy once you get the hang of it.

44. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I have purchased from launch.
    I liked the route scenery and trains very much!
    Mainly the 612 due to its special way to handle.
    Also I have for the first time the DB 363, which I also enjoyed.
    But...

Starting making the timetables and Scenarios, problems appears!

- First of all... I noticed something really strange, not happening on other trains ever!
    On the 612, you can not goes to the external view - using the right stick by pressing it - when the train is on a station platform!
    Just when all the train leaves the platform, this is available!
    What is the reason for this limitation?

- Double headed Scenario:
    Just after starting, you get the red light in order to go to Dresden Hbf ( I suppose to couple to the freight wagons and the other locomotive).
    I mention suppose, due to I approach to the signal, I stop as indicated, then the message to contact the dispatcher.
    So I pressed the "X" button. Then the message go and couple the wagons.
    I noticed the light still keeps on red color. But this happened in other occasions too.
    Then I proceed, and as soon as I start passing the signal, the Scenario is cancelled for doing this!
    Can not believe it!

I tried again and exactly the same
    I tried one more time, but this time not pressed the X button.
    Surprisingly I noticed - even in that case- the message changed to proceed to couple the freight cars!
    Then how the dispatcher got my request?
    I believe it never received!
    Due to this issue I am not allowed to pass the red light!
    Something it is not rightly programmed here!

Have you experienced this?

45. grdaniel48

Second issue:

Timetable - Freight train from Dresden freight yard to another point in the middle of the route. Do not remember now. Could be Freiberg yard.
    In this case it depends on the time you select, you will go with a complete train or just the locomotive.
    Here you start with red light, but after 2 trains, you get the yellow one to start to proceed. Great!
    I did "almost" all the required path to the destination... but just on the last signal before entering the freight yard, you have a "permanent" red light!
    I noticed there is a train coming on the other track, so wait until passed... but nothing. Same red light
    Look for another one, and there is no other train approaching!

So the timetable ends there!
    You can not couple your train after making half of the route, due to another "annoying" red light does not allows you to end the timetable.
    I tried this type of timetable on another quite different time, and the result is exactly the same!
    You never get authorization to enter the yard!

Here a picture of the locomotive waiting to enter the yard, stopped by the red light:

FREIGHT TIMETABLE RED LIGHT 1.JPG
    Here the map, where you see on the right rectangle the locomotive waiting with the red light, and at the left the freight cars, waiting to being couple.
    But this does not will happen!
    FREIGHT TIMETABLE RED LIGHT 2.JPG

46. grdaniel48

Finally I decided to check other freight timetables.
    I insisted with freight ones, in order to use the new Railpool locomotive, as you may understand!

But I noticed there are no so many ones.
    Ok this is mostly a passenger route
    But looking on them, I surprisingly noticed around 6 or 8 of them, are just 1 minute ride!
    What?...
    I make one, and you have just to uncouple the locomotive... advance just a few yards, stop, and descend of the locomotive!
    That is all. This is a joke!
    Incredible!

So frankly speaking about the "freight side" of this lovely route, I am really angry, frustrated, and disappointing!

47. grdaniel48

I finally just to comment something minor, - but it is really annoying- which I have reported as requested by DTG with the corresponding ticket more than one year ago...which is of simple solution, but it is still there unfortunately
    The person who translates the HUD brakes names to Spanish at least... makes the things wrong.
    You have noticed brake names are mostly two letters: BC and others two letters do not remember now.
    But that person decided to use full names instead!
    So this caused this part of the HUD be much larger than the normal one, so it uses more space of the screen.
    But the worst thing is... due to this bad idea, the brake value, it is not in the center of the circle. Usually it is in the border of it, so you can no easily read the value of the brake you are applying!

I commenting this thing here, due to unfortunately after not having this problem on most the several locomotives and trains I have purchased last year, this happens on the brand new 612!

So to solve this issue - which is really easy and quick - as just to replace the name of the brake with just to letters corresponding to the type of brake, I have to continue suffering for a long time!

• Like Like x 1
  48. Choo choo

Choo choo Well-Known Member

Weird because I completed that service on PS4, I had the red light as well (which is normal and expected because you are driving into occupied track), I just crossed it with PZB Befehl and that was it. I was able to complete the service. I can't remember if I contacted the signallers but my guess is yes :)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. Choo choo

Choo choo Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned somewhere but I find it annoying that on Tharandter rampe's rolling stock a little but important QOL change that was implemented on Dresden-Riesa's rolling stock was not included.

When driving with both SIFA and PZB on with Dresden-Riesa's. locos, pressing circle would only push/trigger the relevant system: PZB if you had just encountered an active 1000hz magnet that you need to acknowledge for example. Or SIFA pretty much the rest of the time.
    This made driving with the aforementioned rolling stock very enjoyable: for once you could driving with hearing an unnecessary PZB "beeeeeep" or "Zugbeeinflussung" every 30 seconds because the game would automatically so what was intended by the user. Driving with all safety systems on make the game much more immersive, especially for console users of a game where the controls are clearly not meant to be fitted on a controller.

Now this change has been reverted/non implemented into the new rolling stock. I've had to stop using SIFA again because otherwise, pressing circle to acknowledge it every 30 seconds would also trigger PZB acknowledge with the not-so-enjoyable sound associated with it.

What gives? What was the point of making improvements if you a step back afterwards?

• Like Like x 3
  50. grdaniel48

Thanks Choo choo, but bad news for me! :(
    As mentioned I tried several times, and the same problem!
    The only thing I was not using is PZB
    To contact the signaller message appear at the top left of the HUD.
    But even without doing it, it also changes to proceed and couple the train.
    Then when you pass the signal, the timetable ends, due to you have passed the red signal! :mad:
    Really sad!

Are you using PS4 Plus?. I have the regular one.