Train Sim World 2 - Tharandter Rampe Out Now

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jan 14, 2022.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Read the article here.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

And very good it is too, aside from one or two minor issues.

Do we now continue discussion in here, the other Live thread or the "Definitive Feedback" thread in PC (plus threads in the console boards), otherwise feedback and chat about the route is going to be spread all over the place?

• Like Like x 1
  3. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Compliments to whom who made the trailer because I'm almost convinced to buy the route. But I have to stand by my principals and wait for more player feedback. Still two hours to go before the weekend starts so I probably will have still two hours left to stand by my principals. :D

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Although this route ticks all the right boxes for me, I’ll once again wait for a sale. Besides, I have enough content to play with, and where or what I drive isn’t overly decisive for my enjoyment.

I’d probably be more willing to pay full price if other recent releases didn’t still suffer from significant issues that should have been fixed months ago.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

The HBK-like realistic beautiful scenery (Skyhook involved, maybe) // memento BR 187! :D
    Very nice edition of DRA-version of 185. in Railpool outfit
    Cathcart Circle-like action-packed immersive gameplay
    Super fun route profile (gradients, curves)
    Substitutions, including the G6!
    Maik-ish superb BR 612 \o/
    RSN like landscape

Everything else well polished (... so far).

The sound of BR 612 passing by in the distance is fading suddenly when using external cameras.
    Perhaps because of my low-spec-gaming equipment... or not :D

I like the recently fashionable concept - less driveable services but dense AI traffic.
    Do not forget to buy HRR with BR 101 and HBK for DCZ to be fully populated :) yhyhy

Praise the 'DRA & DCZ' combo \o/ \o/ \o/

-------------------------------

One note to DTG: could you please clean up old versions of trains such as BR 143, DoSto?

My score: train-ish excitement

GJ \o/

• Like Like x 5
  6. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

This route is good in terms of scenery and rolling stock mostly it's the BR 612 and inclines that gives it the good rating, but a lot of people have noticed a lot of bugs. for example here's a few that most have noticed: Missing catenary at Freiberg which makes BR 442 stabling services impossible, floating catenary in a lot of places as well as LZB issues, wrong time period for Chemnitz, BR 187 showing up despite that version of TRAXX locomotive not entering the market until years later and not having enough time to load passengers. There are a lot more smaller bugs and inconsistencies as well...

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Nice screenshot, what's that bridge design called? :D

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 13
  8. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

It's called the Venezuelan Concrete Hanging Bridge or VCHB for short, it was designed for railway operators as a way to punish drivers for wrong doings. The train driver would have to run a train with wagons filled with blocks of steel over one of these bridges, because there was no supports the concrete would often crack (as intended) and the driver and train would fall into whatever is below it. If you fall without injuries or make it across you would be forgiven. It's still used today in some railways in developing countries, but that example is believed to be the only example in Europe.

• Like Like x 14
  9. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

It looks like one of the weird things I do with the fiddle yards on my Trainz model railway projects!

10. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

There is no LZB on this route.

• Like Like x 4
  11. joostik

joostik New Member

Hi all, I like that route just found some wrong speed signs. One big problem: when try run TimeTable mode or Explore On Food, it crash. I use Epic Store. Routes what made as normall "mission" like training or few others working fine. Is there any help? Dresden other route and all others routes in Germany and UK working without problems. Please help. Crashing happen during loading route. Then Epric Store ask to send report, what I did every time.

12. paul.pavlinovich

That sounds like there is some sort of corruption in your DLC. Have you tried uninstalling the DLC and installing it again?

13. joostik

joostik New Member

I did uninstall and install again, same problem. I create own scenario and was abble to drive and see all stations. Still TimeTable mode and walking from menu not working.

14. joostik

joostik New Member

After uninstall game from epic store and install again, same problem :(

• Like Like x 1
  15. joostik

joostik New Member

From Facebook I got some hint that Dresden second route may be conflicting with this one, I try first uninstall and try again. Then install back Dresden second route.

16. joostik

joostik New Member

I uninstall Dresden-Siegen route, after it Dresden-Chermitz working normally. After install back Dresden-Siegen, then same problem start again :(

17. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Dresden-Siegen?

• Like Like x 1
  18. paul.pavlinovich

Sounds like a job for Support - follow the link on the top right of this page. Hopefully they can help you.

Do you have any mods installed?

Paul

19. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I believe "Only track bridge" could be a right name! ;)
    That simply design allows higher boats to pass below! Hahaha