PC Tharandter Rampe: Dresden – Chemnitz - The Definitive Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Jan 6, 2022.

1. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

There is definitely something not quite right with the lighting, certainly in full sun. Reminds me of the odd effect you get with some terrain textures in Trainz, when viewed from a certain direction what should be a matte surface becomes reflective. This may be a core issue but certainly needs looking at.

• Like Like x 2
  2. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I have noticed some artefact flickering. One of the big bridges exiting Dresden you go under has a bit of a disco. I haven't captured on Video unfortunately

3. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

As mentioned by someone already my only real gripe at the moment is the Raildriver implementation. Having to move the stick back and forwards for each notch is a pain. Surely it would be nicer if you could just hold it in position and it slowly increases like it does with a controller.

Aside from that the 612 is fantastic and I‘m enjoying the route a lot.

I‘ll enjoy it even more when I can finally download the PS5 version and play on the big screen. I’m sure that’ll be solved soon.

• Like Like x 2
  4. andrichemnitz

andrichemnitz New Member

First of all big thanks for that great DLC and implementation of my home route in TSW with the beautiful 612.
    Really appreciate that the Railway Museums in Dresden and Chemnitz Hilbersdorf are detailed modeled even with the lovely narrow gauge tracks behind the buildings in Chemnitz -> would be pretty cool, if the Steam Loco BR 50 3648 of SEM Chemnitz Museum with their green and red Bghw cars would be implemented as upcoming DLC.
    While moving the turntables in front of the loco garages in Hilbersdorf and also in Dresden I recognized, that the track in default position of the turntable keeps visible even if i move it to another position -> seems to be a bug.
    Another thing ist the lovely colourful chimney which became a little popular in Chemnitz since it became new painting and lightning -> I propose to light up the model during night hours as it is in reality ( pls google "lulatsch chemnitz nacht" iot know what I mean ;) )
    PLS DTG keep going in this quality level ;)
    Regards André

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 10
  5. kurtosizm

kurtosizm Well-Known Member

I've just tried it this morning: Sifa works for me, but it's not enough to rotate the switch to enable it, you also need to switch the fuse on (bottom left hand side corner). Then it worked for me without any issues this morning (PC - Epic user).

• Like Like x 1
  6. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I’m actually 99% certain that something with steam will be coming to this route sooner than later. Matt hinted at that multiple times, saying how well-suited for rail tours the route is and they definitely want to come back to it in the future. Additionally, perhaps an even bigger hint, the tourist posters you can place around the map show the lettering “Chemnitz” with a big steam loco and nothing else.

• Like Like x 5
  7. OldVern

Right, now to see how the Save game feature holds up (or not) with this route...

8. joerg.lange

joerg.lange Well-Known Member

It would make perfect sense. The steam loco parallel runs on this route are legendary, these are proper public festivals. I mean, go to youtube and search for "Tharandter Rampe Dampflok"... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. joerg.lange

That's a retorical question, isn't it? :D

10. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

Although the trains and scenery are amazing, a lot of the route seems unfinished. I noticed a lot of misplaced catenary, and of course the missing wires that make some BR 442 services impossible. There's a lot of bugs in this route, more than usual...

• Like Like x 1
  11. dosto762

I noticed that as well. You can also spawn at the Eisenbahn museum which is empty. Maybe it's empty for a reason :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. chieflongshin

100% . it will be a perfect place to fight a steam loco up the ramp. I think all new route releases have been chosen to take a steam time table.

Mystery UK route
    Chemitz
    Horseshoe
    Sherman.

• Like Like x 3
  13. OldVern

It worked, at least so far as I can tell.

The descent of the actual ramp towards Freital is excellent, nice and challenging especially using the dynamic brake. Will be even better going uphill and better again if we can get a main line diesel in the game. For now I might have to go "Off The Rails" with the BR Class 45 or Class 52 just to thrash them. And as others have remarked, ideal to try out steam traction, later in the year.

• Like Like x 1
  14. joerg.lange

That would be a great thing in reality: an old British diesel on this track! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  15. dosto762

British diesels are wonderful, very powerful, noisy, fun to drive. No wonder why a lot of countries took the opportunity to buy these diesels once the UK was done with them.

• Like Like x 2
  16. chieflongshin

363 is awesome on this route. I did one freight move and I stalled out on the a 2 degree incline on the way out of yard. Jesus was it a sod to get moving again. Loving it!

• Like Like x 2
  17. dosto762

Go easy on the old girl, she's not as powerful as she used to be!

• Like Like x 3
  18. joerg.lange

Thank God it's almost weekend and I have time to try this out too... :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Remember to be her into shunting gear for more traction, she's set in long distance gear by default.

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  20. OldVern

Is this in Journey Mode or under the normal timetable?

21. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

Not strictly Tharander related, but if the preservation crew could add the narrow gauge coaches to Nahverkehr Dresden, it would be welcome!

22. chieflongshin

This gear error was how I stalled it, timetable mode. I then had the Raillion wagons dragging me back towards a red. I had to employ my TSW2 tutorial memory, think of Sherman, pop it into shunting mode and drag it back up the grade on the independent brake

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Couple of thoughts.
    Skies were good.
    Scenery generally excellent, but distant hills remain bald and the rocky cuttings show signs of tile repetition. Enough to grate.
    But those grain fields. Oh Dear.
    Hand sowing belongs in the middle ages. No one could make a living with fields like that.
    The devs need to get out more.

24. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Ok, so did a run in the 612 and could keep to time basically with full power and nailing the speed limit. It was a nice run apart from the sun apparently being in front of the clouds until I got near dresden when the lag kicked in - I'm assuming this is the huge amount of AI there but I had to turn my settings down from 'ultra' to 'low' to get it much above 20 (I'd bumped them back up to high just before the debrief screen came up).
    20220114125322_1.jpg
    20220114122947_1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  25. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Appreciate all of the feedback in this thread. It's nice to see so many of you having a fun time.

• Like Like x 10
  26. dosto762

Not all of us are...

27. joerg.lange

We do it that way in Saxony so that it fits in with the medieval towns. :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  28. joerg.lange

I will also have a fun time with the next 4-up challenge on this route.... ;)

• Like Like x 5
  29. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

First impressions look good. But the headlights of the cab car are always on high beam. When driving in good light conditions, only the outer two lights should be on, not all four lights.

• Like Like x 1
  30. OldVern

Cam’s images also show the shiny/sandy effect on the track to some extent. Lighting definitely needs another pass or the terrain textures de-bloomed or whatever the term is.

31. jayzhead

jayzhead Active Member

The 612 does not work properly with RailDriver. The power lever is bugged and only allows to accelerate for two seconds at a time at max setting (as if you pressed "A" once instead of if you press and hold it).

Otherwise, the route is nice. I'm liking it so far. Lots of traffic and is lively. I love the fact that it is co-complimentary with the Riesa route. Hopefully one day we'd be able to change routes on the fly from within the game world, by hopping on a train bound for the other route. That'd be great even with a loading screen appearing, IMO. Also, I love the fact that FINALLY the passengers of a full train do not escape the train as soon as you open the doors at the start of the service, like the do on Dresden and most other routes.
    Also IMO, night is too dark. Or rather, the headlights of the 143 are non-existant. They do nothing. No way it is that blind driving it at night in real life. The cab car and 612 you can actually drive at night, but the 143 - it's just pointless. DTG should either fix the 143's headlights or make the night more moonlit as it is on some of the other routes. Or allow us to change it as a setting, like Matt suggested during the recent stream.

EDIT: I take that back. Apparently I just didn't know there is an unexpected Brights switch located on the other side of the panel, for some reason :) It's bright enough and I'm totally happy with the night lighting on this route

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  32. Clumsy Pacer

?

33. OldVern

Sorry, I thought that was what you were illustrating. However, if you do a run in bright sunshine such as the second Journey Mode (612 Tutorial) it is really noticeable how shiny the track and ballast are, almost can't even see individual sleepers.

34. Choo choo

Choo choo Well-Known Member

The 612 is a wonderful DMU. All around.

By the way, when accelerating from a standstill, I'm experiencing that my throttle lever stays stuck in "1% increasing", while on the left screen the blue bars go up and the purple "line" stays at the bottom. The train starts slowly moving. When around 10 kph the purple line goes up and then I am able to increase the power beyond 1%. Am I doing anything wrong, is this normal? :)

35. OldVern

I had this in the very first tutorial. I *think* it was because I hadn't released the actual train brakes so a partial power lock, might be worth trying.

36. Clumsy Pacer

Al, I was demonstrating the sun - I'm not sure if it's realistic to be able to see it as a circle through thick fog (I must admit I've not really looked directly at the sun through fog) but it doesn't look right to me. I was running it in the snow, and things like sunlight and headlights always get amplified.

37. Clumsy Pacer

I've also experienced this, it seems to be some form of power lock (it did it to me after I closed the doors but didn't put the selector into 'lock all').

38. Choo choo

Choo choo Well-Known Member

You are right. I just gave it a try. It is some kind of soft power lock :)

I am saying soft because you are still able to use the throttle despite the brakes being engaged

39. trainside

trainside New Member

I spawned at 13.10 at Freiberg (Sachs) and I figured out what is wrong. It's not that the DB G6 or DB BR 363 are placed in the same place as DB BR143. The DB BR143 is placed to far back on the track ending up with the 766.2 in end of track buffer.
    [​IMG]
    If I take over the DB BR143 it derails instantly.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  40. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Nice to see the Thyssen Krupp G6, Where did you get that from?

41. trainside

trainside New Member

• Like Like x 1
  42. chieflongshin

Power totally off and then back on should see you sorted for this acceleration thing

43. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

May I just throw in one big thank you for this? Finally, the most useful "catch up" tool is in the game! The stops are usually 1 minute from what I've seen, but if you're late, you can get done and get going in 20 s, that helps a LOT. And if you're on time... well the doors can be open for the whole minute. Definitely more of this - the "minimum" boarding time should be shorter than stop time.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. OldVern

You also need to insert the brake key and turn it on. As I just discovered.

Right next run with PZB and the tilt alerter on, let's see how I do!

• Like Like x 1
  45. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I've turned off Windows auto-update for that reason (also, to avoid downloading MS bloatware); I start the DL manually when I go to bed.

46. OldVern

Out of curiosity, when "0 GNT* starts flashing do I need to push the PZB acknowledge or take any action other than ensure I comply with the upcoming HUD speed restriction?

47. chieflongshin

I think it’s the brake curve warning. I’ve found if you hit the brakes (sometimes you need to hard) and get down to your gin and tonic speed the warning just goes off

• Like Like x 1
  48. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

From my understanding with limited driving and stream watching, when it is flashing, you are good and under the expected braking curve. When it is solid, you need to get on the brakes.

49. Hazawa

Hazawa Member

So far, I like some parts of it and by others.. Why the hell?..
    First, the Br 612 is a beauty.. still haunts me as a passenger with the vrrrrrrrrrr sound and quirkiness of having multiple malfunction. Luckily you can enjoy it in Train Simulator without those. The GNT Display in the Ebula, could be a bit bigger and also include the distance to the next speed change.
    Route itself, there are couple of really nice looking places. A few railroad crossing a missing at least an "Andreaskreuz" Railroad Cross, or I think even barriers.Topography this time is amazing..it never felt so smooth to climb up a hill with a train in this case. In Freiberg Case, it is a bit missing something.. A bush here and a bit of grass would help to spill away the emptiness. I'm not sure, about the layout of Freiberg itself, because I have the feeling some signals are missing for the parts with and without overheadline. EL 6 "Stop for vehicles with panto up"..
    Br 185 from Railpool, I don't see much of the reference work there.. except the tiny piece of paper glued on the wall and only two pantos... Slightly disappointed in this case, because the Br 185.. could be so much better with a bit more moddelled properly.
    By the Br 143, I found two borked services.. One with the Dostos in the buffer "in" the buffer stop, and another one.. where I should park my Br 143 in a section without overheadline.
    The timetable is cool, and when I started in Dresden.. it felt like an actual central station with all train waiting there.
    Overall, the traffic and idle vehicles make it somehow alive.. want it more like this.
    I would give this route a rating with a scale of 10.. A simple 7, some good things like 612, good traffic, some nice looking spots and awesome topography.. but the badly worked railroad crossing and the usual borked services ships away two points already.

• Like Like x 1
  50. chieflongshin

What’s up with the 185? Railpool went over the models with DTG so they were relevant and reflective of their fleet I believe