This Is Not Acceptable Anymore

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DeyKey, Jan 13, 2022.

1. DeyKey

DeyKey Member

So i play this game on PS4 since it was first released. But in the last 6 months, the game became more and more unplayable. I have EVERY german add-on, but since Riesa-Dresden, playing the game is totally frustrating. Riesa-Dresden always crashes as you drive to Dresden HBF.

With the new DLC, it's the same. It's not possible to drive a train to Dresden, because as soon as you arrive, the game crashes, every single time.

There are so many AI, services in Dresden, but instead of 20 AI services, i want to play the game. This is not acceptable.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Choo choo

Choo choo Well-Known Member

I agree. The game crashes 1 time out of 2 when coming into Dresden on PS4. And that applies to the new Chemnitz-Dresden route as well - I had the bad surprise of finding that out after driving a 1 hour service with the BR612 and not being able to complete it, because well, the blue screen of death showed up :)

Edit: Where can we report this DTG Natster ?

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

It's true, we know they need to keep producing to sustain themselves, but it seems like a vicious circle, they released Rush Hour, and they made a lot of improvements, but nothing was as effective in Dresden and LBN, with the trains stuck halfway, red lights errors, AI trains running red lights, game breaks, among several items, the sound problems inside the cabin in LBN, among others, seem to have no solution, and not even a feedback on the performance in solving these problems, now with the new line , troubles come to her
    relatives, and adds more problems to be solved, the M7 LIRR still has no sound since the graphics engine update, we haven't even heard about this fix, it's really frustrating.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

These crashes happen to be too in Dresden on both routes, I'm playing the PS4 version on PS5. DRA is worse for it than DCZ so far. At least on DCZ I can make it into the station, I can't on DRA, it will crash around 1km out each time.

• Like Like x 2
  5. tcmikaelsouza

DTG JD DTG Natster We noticed that in fact there is a chance of crashes, whenever we are arriving in Dresden Mitte or Dresden Hbf we are affected by game breaks, is there something in this region that is causing the crashes? I don't know if the high number of items in this region makes the processing more time consuming or difficult for the hardware to process, and therefore there is a recurring game break at this point. Please review.

• Like Like x 3
  6. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

I will share in here the same message I have put in a different thread.

• Like Like x 2
  7. tcmikaelsouza

Nat, we've been doing this for a long time, everything that we see problematic, we notify here, we open a ticket, but we have no solution for many items, we know it's a long process, but a simple problem like the M7 LIRR without sound, is without solution and treatment since when it started, that is, since the graphics engine update, and nobody talks about this problem.

• Like Like x 15
  8. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

I fully agree. I dont care about a roadmap, i would like to know if a problem will be fixed at all.
    The LIRR M7 sound is a good examply. It is a bug, not a convenience item. Same for
    The flickering background light of the BR425, ect.

We believe that it is a simple problem, easy to fix, but we dont know. Many other problems are fixed almost instantly. So how should we know ? Why not bringing more transparency into it ? It might decrease unnecessary load to the forum, e.g that people reporting the same issues again and again for various paltforms.

• Like Like x 8
  9. tcmikaelsouza

Exactly, this is the point, I didn't particularly like the new script, but I respect it, but it is clear that we are frustrated by having several simple unsolved problems, and sometimes problems that are not so evident being corrected, we don't complain about it, but the not correcting the problems so acclaimed around here, such as the M7 LIRR, the noise of the window in LBN, low sound in the cabin (Although many don't agree, I don't care), the crashes exhaustively punctuated in Dresden, anyway, we need solutions, or at least an urgent update, we like you to improve the old lines, we love that, but we need to focus more on urgent fixes and then on other improvements.

• Like Like x 2
  10. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Thats the problem right there. The fact that you think (and I quote) "but a simple problem like the M7 LIRR without sound,"
    Are you a software Engineer?
    Are you well versed in programming the Unreal Engine over 7 different formats?
    Are you well versed in fixing sound for items in UE?
    From the outside everything looks simple, its not. Its never a simple fix and release. It never is.

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  11. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

This guy complaining again about sounds? Don’t think he realises it’s not easy, then there’s the queue for testing the don’t click their fingers and it be ready next day

• Like Like x 1
  12. Choo choo

I actually stopped playing services that were ending at Dresden because of that. So I am kind of forced to start my services at Dresden because the games crashes most of the time when coming into there.

• Like Like x 4
  13. antony.henley

I played a few services, scenarios and the training missions using the PS4 version on the PS5 yesterday of Dresden Chemitz as the PS5 version was unavailable and the 12 hours that I played the route was fine. How ever I am not saying it doesn't happen just at the moment I haven't experienced a crash. Having said that I have had a number of crashes on Dresden Riesa over the past few months and with that if (on the playstation) it throws up a error report for you to send in send it in. Sony pass these back to DTG to look at. Yes we would all like stuff to be fixed asap but unfortunately it isnt and we have to be patient and wait for it. Also you have to understand there are more important bugs they are looking into and trying to deal with at the moment more over than the other bugs. That is the PS5 DLC issue and the Xbox next gen sound problems. hopefully these will get fixed asap so that more time can be done in sorting out the bugs.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  14. tcmikaelsouza

I may not understand all of this, but I know that the problem of the horns with the window open in LIRR were solved with some brevity, while the sound of the M7 LIRR is since the graphics engine update without revision, and don't come down and talk to me sorry for my sound complaints, go look for what to do, we are all trying to help DTG improve and give feedback and what you do most is want to discredit a feedback by flipping your heads.

• Like Like x 4
  15. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

didn't Matt just say on stream recently that, in the past 2 months or so, they've massively expanded the sound team to work on sounds, because this stuff is actually complicated? So they're addressing sounds but think in terms of what the priorities are right now and align your expectations with that: xbox sound issues are probably a priority over the M7 right now, and LBN sounds are fine if you use your volume button.
    I mean I'd love to have immediate fixes for everything too but it's often just not doable unless you're ok with breaking something else (don't sounds take up a good amount of memory as well?) and causing more crashes, etc

• Like Like x 2
  16. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Given that I've uninstalled DDRA because of how terribly unreliable it was on PS5, I won't bother considering acquiring this route until they fix the constant crashes across the game.

• Like Like x 1
  17. antony.henley

18. Bradley

Your sound problems are irrelevant compared to the Xbox issue

19. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

No problem is "irrelevant", maybe not as harsh or as hard to fix, but "irrelevant"? Maybe to you

• Like Like x 6
  20. Choo choo

First of all, I play on playstation 4, where when coming into Dresden your fps drops down to <10 before the game crashes. That's because there are too many AI services in Dresden. You said it yourself, you play on PS5, that issue maybe doesn't affect you as much. And it doesn't matter if you are playing the PS4 version by the way, because there are simply too many trains for the PS4 to handle.

Currently those on PS4 can't even play ANY service that comes into Dresden. On both routes. Because who wants to play 1+ hour driving from Chemnitz only to be met with a blue screen of death? (And yeah, I do report those with video clips and explanations, but to be honest i'm just too tired to bother trying my luck driving any dodgy service right now)

We had the same issue in Munich-Augbsurg and as far as I can recall this was solved really quickly. They disabled all layers straight away for old gen consoles. If DTG wanted it they could justify disable AI services by the click of a mouse.

Cheers

Edited by DTG Natster - watch your language

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  21. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

We appear to be back to this argument again. What is irrelevant to you Bradley is very relevant to others, why do you feel like you can judge the relevance of issues? The issue is that broken content gets released in the rush to create content to ship it out so the money comes in. It doesn’t seem to matter how broken it is (or isn’t) because selling content is the main purpose. Fixing stuff or spending time making it right before release is a cost with no obvious benefit to DTG.

• Like Like x 7
  22. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Different people have different reasons for wanting specific things fixed. It’s not right or fair to belittle people for stating their views. What is important to one person might not be to someone else, but that doesn’t make it any less important.

• Like Like x 5
  23. tcmikaelsouza

Forgive me for not being informed about the new sound team, thanks for letting me know, and thanks to the colleagues who supported, I don't want priority on a subject that I also believe is more urgent, like game breaks, trains stuck in the middle of the path and the like, I just want the necessary corrections not to be forgotten, and that we have a more friendly, realistic game and less intercurrences.

• Like Like x 1
  24. antony.henley

Yes I am aware of that, its the same with the version I have on my PS4 Pro.
    So then remove say half of the AI services then and see what happens then, Half the PS4 base will be up in arms because they are not getting the content they pay for.

As I said in my post I have suffered crashes on the PS5 version of TSW 2 and using the PS4 Version of TSW2 on the PS5 of not only Dresden but also London Brighton, Most of these crashes have occured whilst i am in the middle of a livestream. Unfortunately as I stream via the Playstation not only do I loose the game but I also loose the livestream so yes I know how frustrating it is. But what more can I do, I like you and others submit the report shove a ticket into the support page and either rant in the tech forum or on here, its not going to get it done any quicker mind. I have now taken the decision to not running Dresden - Riesa or Brighton Mainline in my streams as they are just too unstable.
    The fact that they have two major bugs to work on also doesn't mean they are not working on any other, which they have said they are working on. Its called prioritising. Where someone has paid hundreds of pounds on all the DLC and can access half or less of it, then yes that needs to be sorted as well as the Xbox sound problems, which is a pretty big job todo. Sound issues like the 377, 375 or 387 are really not game breakers.
    DTG are working on them I suspect we will have more bug fixes soon but just because its not the ones we want DTG do not need to be reminded of the the same bug issues after every update, they are aware and are dealing with it. Its damn frustrating I know but DTG are working on going through the Bugs that are more important. Im not saying the crashing on Dresden or LBL are not important of course they are but they may be taking longer to sort out as there is a lot more involved into why they are crashing or they are still trying to work out why hey are crashing.

The munich augsburg route before they axed the extra DLC services I could just about get away with doing on my PS4 pro. There was the odd crash but i knew what I wa doing. The problem here is like I said a few lines up. Half of you might be ok with that and then the other half will not want to loose services on Dresden or brighton. So what do DTG do?
    What would you do if you were in their boots then?

Regards
    Hentis

Edited by DTG Natster - removed quoted text and argumentative response.

25. Bradley

Wouldn’t be surprised to see this thread closed, sam said other problems regarding sounds are not important, not me. Xbox has a bad sound problem which yes effects me as an Xbox user, problems with the 387 377 375 m3 m7 and whatever else are not as important as the Xbox problem. You would know this if you watch the streams instead of blurting tosh on the forums

• Like Like x 2
  26. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Removed by DTG Natster - Argumentative

• Like Like x 3
  27. Bradley

• Like Like x 2
  28. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Then enjoy the game and let others express their particular grievances that’s relevant to them then.

Edited by DTG Natster - no need to be hostile towards other users.

• Like Like x 6
  29. Choo choo

Edit 2 : This is mostly about the new route from Dresden to Chemnitz

Have you tried just spawning into Dresden with a standard PS4? (Not pro, not ps5)
    I just did it and holy hell there were about 5 trains sitting one next to another, plus the 3 parked locos, plus one AI service stuck just outside Dresden. I was running at 7-8 FPS. It felt like I was playing a gameboy game or something.

I am pretty sure that people would be happy to get rid of those AI services coming from Dresden Neustadt if it means a better stability and >10 FPS.

I wish I could get a better software but new gen consoles are pretty hard to get unless you spend more than a thousand euros where I live. I would also rather have the extra content, if it doesn't come at the expense of getting crashes that often.

Edit: And as far as I can see Dresden is the only place where the issue lies. A single spot where AI services do not run towards Chemnitz and therefore are out of the equation after leaving Dresden HBF. So axing them would not change anything whatsoever regarding traffic on the rest of the line, and hence player satisfaction. Unsure how to solve the problem on Riesa-Dresden though

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  30. ukpetey

Your Xbox issue is completely irrelevant to me. See how that works now? It’s all about how issues affect the individual. But it’s certainly not all about you Bradley. And I don’t want to watch the streams, I watched one and it bored me to death! Oddly I want to play the game not watch streams.

Why do you think Sam gets to decide what is important to me and what is irrelevant?

The real issue is, there are so many problems. That’s the nub of it. And they all affect us differently depending on our platform, priorities and perspective

• Like Like x 6
  31. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

DTGs main strategy for "fixing" bugs is to simply release new content in the hope that it will distract people from all of the problems with the previous route.

• Like Like x 9
  32. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

I’m honestly amazed by the amount of people who are still making day one purchases of new DLCs after the Rush Hour disaster, which is still a disaster to this day.

• Like Like x 9
  33. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Some people can't resist unfortunately

• Like Like x 3
  34. Bradley

did I say it was all about me, absolutely not, I'm just stating fact of what someone said, you wouldn't know this though as you don't watch the streams.

35. Bradley

36. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

"What someone said" doesn't make it fact, even Sam... Lest we forget Matt is EP of the game, and he answers to others as well so doesn't have total control.
    Unfortunately we don't get to hear from or speak to those who DO have that level of control...

• Like Like x 3
  37. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

This has been done countless times and it still hasn't been fixed. It's been months now since you guys knew what was going on, yet still released DLC instead of making a fix a priority. That's bad practice surely

• Like Like x 4
  38. Bradley

The fix you talk about isn’t a priority and they’ve said that, other stuff takes priority that’s more important ie crashes and Xbox sound issues

• Like Like x 1
  39. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

I have given this thread a clean up. The arguing amongst yourselves isn't going to help anything.

It's okay for everyone to have different priorities for what they would like to see fixed, and everyone is allowed to share their thoughts and frustrations on these forums.

This thread descended almost entirely into arguments and if it continues it will be locked.

Tell us how you feel and why you feel the way you do. But don't vent your frustrations on each other. You don't need to be friends to be civil.

• Like Like x 7
  40. ukpetey

Thanks Nat

41. Maverick_ng

Maverick_ng Active Member

I'm happy to see this post so I stop buying this route and future routes since they are not PS4 friendly.

• Like Like x 3
  42. antony.henley

No as I only have a PS4 pro, and PS5 that I can play on.

probably but there are some that might not be as happy as you. Who knows.

I understand, the frustration there. Its something that I refused to do was to pay over the odds for my PS5, which I hasten to add I had to wait ages to try and get for £449.

What I generally tend to do is run a few tests on the route in question. one of the other things i did with London - Brighton services was just before I arrived at the problematic station (in my case Brighton or London Victoria) I would save the game. If it did crash on the approach tot he stations I would then reload the session in from the save point and 100% of the time it worked, I'm not sure why but I have had no problems from doing it that way. I have even started to do it on Dresden before it gets to the last station before Dresden (I cannot remember what it is called). Thats was using the PS5 version of TSW 2 as well.

Regards
    Hentis

43. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

I also just got a blue screen crash coming from Riesa into Dresden Hbf on PS4 Pro. Super frustrating because it’s been a while since this route previously crashed on me. Possibly because I nearly always run services departing from Dresden.

Besides, the timetable has issues as well. I was held up by a red signal for nearly 10 minutes despite being right on time at every previous station, but the red signal meant that I arrived 6 minutes late at Dresden Neustadt. Then the game crashed entirely after leaving Dresden Mitte. Absolutely infuriating stuff after a near flawless run.

How many months has it been since Rush Hour? Several months and each route in the trio still has serious problems. What is wrong with you DTG? Do something already instead of releasing new DLC all the time.

• Like Like x 7
  44. tcmikaelsouza

Good morning friends!

I thank Nat for cleaning up the Topic and signaling how interesting it is to see a colleague belittling the opinion of a certain number of people on different topics, the sound to be more specific, wanting to see topics in this sense being blocked, and seeing him being silenced for continuing his practice of lowering the opinion of others, and tracing a hierarchy between the problems, of course there are urgent and more serious problems, as well as others that are not so much, but they are not irrelevant and should be disregarded.

I reiterate my commitment and that of most colleagues who have the same argument as mine, to continue to demand sound improvement, without forgetting what is most urgent as well, and above all to maintain the minimum education that is expected.

We don't need to argue about it being normal, or not, very relevant, or irrelevant, every petition should at least be heard, cataloged and evaluated, that's up to the DTG, we shouldn't belittle it, be it the opinion, be it a bug or malfunction , and especially, the colleague who debates with us, we all want something in common, to improve the game we love so much, if it weren't for that, we wouldn't be here periodically providing feedback, improvement points and sharing solutions.

• Like Like x 1
  45. tcmikaelsouza

I usually do this a lot in Dresden and in LBN, except always when leaving or arriving from each station, in Dresden most of the time it works, in LBN I ran the red light, but I had saved it at a station far back, when I continued my way, when I arrived at the next station, the train on my right did not move, even with a green light, I was moving this stationary train, the power lever, among other functions, it started to move, but the train in front of it did not moved too, in the end it became impossible to proceed and I had to start from scratch, these are the issues I talk about so much that must be resolved, trains in the middle of the way without moving, even with green lights ahead, or no lights at all.

46. antony.henley

I only do the save game as a last resort if I have done the service before and its crashed. The save game feature is broken as using that tends to open up a can of worms deeper than pandora's box of tricks. The save game feature has been broken since day 1 and probably isnt going to be fixed anytime soon, which is a shame but hey ho thats how it is. If they ever do an TSW 3 they might just develop a decent save game feature, but I wont hold my breath. But for the time being it allows me to carry on 99.95% of the time after the game has crashed.

Plus its also good for some of this:-

upload_2022-1-17_12-52-4.jpeg

Regards
    Hentis

47. tcmikaelsouza

comical image, lol

This I realized and I realize more and more, I try to use the save game mode in the hope of coming back from a crash, and as you say, here with me it's the same thing, it works most of the time but sometimes it fails, I like to have some time restricted to play, I use rest mode more to complete a certain path and use the save game as a backup.

I don't know about you, but I particularly when I'm playing and I leave the PS4 in rest mode, when I start playing again by turning on the PS4 without turning on the controller, it gives me a blue error screen, but if I turn it on with the controller on it works normally .

48. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Maybe we should get tcmikaelsouza to demand that we get the save game feature working for us as he is demanding again. He could just add it to his list.

49. antony.henley

Yes I noticed it did it ont he PS4 , PS4 pro and does it on the PS5 as well. I never leave it in Rest mode now unless I am downloading or updating if I am out. Then when I want to use TSW 2 I just boot up then reboot the console again and go from there. It works fine.
    Hentis

50. tcmikaelsouza

I think somewhere I claimed improvements in the save game, but it's complicated for them to solve it, I already mentioned that on some German lines the train's FIS doesn't work when returning to the game via save game, a number of items need to be studied at this point.