Euro Fishing Ideas

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by CarpColin, Apr 12, 2017.

1. CarpColin

CarpColin New Member

Hi just a couple of ideas borrowed from my real life fishing situations, when stalking, it would be cool if the character could crouch and be a bit more stealthy. Also with spotting fish climbing a tree gives a really good vantage point.

• Like Like x 2
  2. RevLXIX

RevLXIX New Member

When I used to fish in real life many, many years ago for baiting we didn't use a rod with that thingy on, we used a catapult to fire the bait balls near our floats etc. Bring back the catapult! Be great aiming it in game and getting the right tension before letting it fly.

Also be nice to see a canal map or two.

3. CarpColin

CarpColin New Member

I also use a catapult in my fishing a lot, and for baiting options a throwing stick would also be a good addition. Although my initial point was about being able to proper stalk out the boss fish rather tan just spotting the normal bubbles etc.

4. Hendore

Hendore New Member

We can see you guys have been working hard to get this released on PS4, for that I thank you! It's so much fun, the game I've been waiting to play for years, it's amazing and has so much potential to keep expanding into an amazing simulation.

Some of the things I would hope to see in the future would be loose feed (throw/catapult) which feels like a core thing to be missing, also there's a very limited set of waggler float setups to choose from. We should also be able to buy and pick the floats and hooks independently, introduce more floats to choose from for different scenarios, Being able to change depth to fish at (which might require some sort of technique for plumbing depths somehow) again seems like a key thing that's missing.

I feel like 4 bait slots is pretty limited, 6 trays of bait seems more like a realistic figure to be carrying around.

Make the tips of the floats much brighter so that they stand out on the water, they look a little saturated forcing us to watch the float icon. (Having an option or button to turn the float icon on/off would be great too, much rather watch the float than an icon so long as the float tips are bright enough).

I don't quite understand/follow the whole Coarse, Match, Carp and Stalk directions in the tackle store, theres bait's in stalking direction that I would happily use for carp and match fishing. It feels overly complicated/confusing for something that could be a few tabs for (Baits, Hooks, Lines, Rigs, Floats, Reels, Rods et...)
    Fishing Planet seems to have a much better system for purchasing gear/tackle/baits and customising setups.

Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 01.00.03.png Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 00.58.13.png

The field of view seems strange when in first person mode, why is it that things appear further away from the characters perspective than when the camera is behind the player? Also having arms on the rod when in first person would be nice, it looks a bit odd having a floating rod.

Some tweaking still needs to be done, I'm using size 10 hooks and still managing to catch small roach, you're lucky to bag a roach on a size 14 in real life.

Purchasing bite alarms and having them part of the setup would be cool, each bite alarm could come with configurable options (buzzer sound, light colour etc...) that can be changed when at the lake.

When playing multiplayer, we should be able to hear other alarms going off around us, even if it is quieter than our own alarms, we can also distinguish between our alarms and another players alarm because our controllers wont be vibrating, screeching and lighting up like Blackpool illuminations (Which I freaking love BTW, great work on that!)

We need more insight after loosing a fish, what happened? Did I let the line go too slack and the fish spat the hook, did I have too much tension and the line snapped? Did I get snagged in the lily pads? All these would affect how I go about changing my gear or tactics (Bigger hook, thicker line, control away from snags etc...) so that I don't make the same mistake again.

Also, I'm not sure how the scoring works in MP? It just seems to add a random number to score I can't work out the relation to the score and the fish that was caught. It would be nice to see the tally of fish caught, avg weight and best weight next to each players score.

Then there's the obvious one, more species. Chubb, Crucian Carp, Ghost Carp, Perch, Rudd, Gudgeon, Dace etc.. The smaller species would play a huge role in matches.

There's probably a whole load more but I feel this post has gotten pretty long already, but once again thanks to everyone at Dovetail Games working on Euro Fishing for all your hard work so far, I can't wait to see what you guys come up with in future updates.

• Like Like x 2
  5. nuter41

nuter41 Member

Hendore you nailed it mate.totaly agree with what your saying.Dont know if they can be implemented into the game but never say never

6. Soapy Tench

Soapy Tench New Member

Having more wildlife moving around would add to the atmosphere while fishing. Flocks of birds flying in the air. Aeroplanes leaving their trails across the sky. Ducks and their chicks swimming happily along and pecking at your float. Even hooking a poor duck like you do in real life would add realism. Majestic swans and little moorhens seen swimming along would work great.

Imagine pesky midges appearing at night time circling around you making you itch all over (even when they are just inside the game).

When it rains I see only one of the lakes shows actual rain spots on the waters surface which seems strange. More conditions like snow or strong winds that effect the direction of casting and ripple the waters surface would be more realistic.

The games definitely got some great potential. But the frequency of bites is too easy, but I fear gamers would get bored if catching nothing.

7. Connorbrown98

Connorbrown98 New Member

On multiplayer, when players catch a fish it should come up who caught it, why fish it was and how much it weighed