Pause Sim Feature

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kentolsson73, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Kentolsson73

Kentolsson73 New Member

I would like to be able to pause the simulation and still be able to look around in and outside cab.
    Would be quite useful when learning signaling and such. When approaching signals you could take your time study them and refer to different guides avaliable. Might reduce the amount complains about buggy signalsystems in the long run ;)
    Maybe could be implemented as a training mode or similar that disables scenario/route completion..
    Last but not least it would be a good option to make some awesome screenshots while onroute :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Why bother pausing? If you need to stop and look around there's nothing stopping you from doing so. Then restart the scenario as required

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheZui

TheZui New Member

It would also be useful to take good screenshots. Go into free camera, stop the sim and then you would have all the time to find a good angle for your picture. I miss that from TS

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kentolsson73

Kentolsson73 New Member

Thats true. But sometimes things happen quite fast and when approaching a signal at 160kmh there might be a problem come to a halt in time. But sure you are absolutely right, ive done that about 65982538000 times in NEC :D but still...hit pause and be able to check signals and cab displays would be really helpul

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I admit I do "miss" having a pause button on my usual computer (a microsoft surface) that doesn't involve having a great big menu across the screen, so I see your point for screen shots.
    A good signalling guide for TS1 at least is the following from PTGRail

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018