Road Map Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap Update 11/01/2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jan 11, 2022.

1. locobilly

locobilly Well-Known Member

It's a UK company, you're lucky to get any German routes. You have your own train sim company that only does German routes and doesn't give a monkey's about the UK and German bus simulators too. DTG are too generous, if I had my way you wouldn't get any more. I'm getting a bit tired of endless red trains tbh. Nothing against Germans but your nationalised railways with just the one paint scheme are so boring - like British Rail before privatisation. There's more than enough modern German routes now for a silent majority of people I should imagine, time to do some modern UK routes and bring back colour and variety to the game.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I must tell my boss that as a UK company we should only trade with UK companies, the fact that we would only have had one order in the last three years and gone bankrupt is neither here or there.

I wonder if it says in the train simulator builders manual "thou shalt only build routes in the country you are based in"?!

I suggest you watch some videos on Youtube of the mid 80's onwards, you would see there were far more than one paint scheme!

• Like Like x 14
  3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Hear, hear. I'm actually really enjoying the German stuff and the latest Chemnitz to Dresden route is excellent. Far better than driving Electrostars from Brighton to Eastbourne or Victoria. Yes it would be nice to see some more vintage German content (70's & 80's) and maybe some proper mountainous single track routes, but for now I appreciate what we've got and anything else DTG put out. The German associates whether the route or train builders are real artisans and we're lucky to have them.

• Like Like x 10
  4. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

All things considered if I want to experience the modern world of British trains I'll go walk down to the station and buy myself a ticket.

What I want from the game is to experience the things that I never had the chance to in real life or enjoy the nostalgia of the trains of my childhood.

I want rattly old first generation units, I want old diesel locomotives that grwol and scream that'll blot out the sun with a cloud of thick diesel smoke, I want electric locomotives running high speed express services, I want rail yards that stretch as far as the eye can see.

Sure I can look at a photo of London Liverpool Street today and marvel at the FLIRTs which may well pave the way for the future of the railway or perhaps I can enjoy three different liveries of Aventra. But that is not the photo I will stop to appreciate, it is the photo of first generation EMUs, Class 47s and Class 86s hauling express services that will always make me go wow.

That is the world I want to enjoy in the game, the one I simply cannot go out and experience at will. I want to play the game to admire the railways as they once were, not play the game to be reminded of my commute to work.

That is why, even though I regularly enjoy playing the modern routes the ones I always return to are the Trans-Pennine and Tees Valley they are a glimpse into history and a world I never got to experience, that is what keeps me coming back to TSW2, more than anything else.

• Like Like x 12
  5. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

You've played this tune before and nobody's dancing to it. Whether you like it or not, and clearly you don't, DTG will continue to produce dlc from Germany, the UK and the US in about equal amounts and, hopefully, other countries which you probably won't like either. The " silent majority " you mention is actually a mixture of many nationalities as are the members of this forum.

• Like Like x 15
  6. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

We peasants from germany and USA want to Express you our sincere thankfullness. And of course thanks to the queen. After all, it's all her good will and DTG do their duty to the country to serve more UK routes.
    Seriously, do you even listen to yourself? It's a big part of DTGs success that they Produce internationally. German and US routes and Locos are equally important for the whole franchise as UK content.

• Like Like x 10
  7. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Who would have thought that WWIII would break out on the TSW forums. It’s almost like every country-related comment gets misunderstood and perceived as offensive.

• Like Like x 3
  8. joerg.lange

joerg.lange Well-Known Member

What could be misunderstood about the original comment? He thinks it's bad that a British company produces products for non-Brits. Where is there room for interpretation in that statement?

• Like Like x 5
  9. OldVern

Avatar updated to show solidarity with our friends from Germany.
    And a 141 in the game would be very nice!

• Like Like x 9
  10. Nielsen

Not how I read it. It’s not hard to see why someone would want DTG to focus on local content, because it likely would lead to more efficient development. Not that I agree TSW should be UK-centric, but I can see why someone would want that.

• Like Like x 3
  11. joerg.lange

Don't worry mate, I like you Brits, and your routes and trains too. ;):D

• Like Like x 5
  12. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I have no beef with DTG for wanting to do German and US routes I just want them to fix the ones they have already done. But I do agree that these German Train sims tend to stick with just German stuff or that is the impression I get. That makes DTG more outward looking?

Even in Transport Fever 2 they seemed not to grasp that the UK drives on the left whereas Skylines has had that option for years. Perhaps if certain other companies were to give more of a choice then more people would be happy.

• Like Like x 2
  13. joerg.lange

I agree with you in principle.

But there are no German train simulations that compete with TSW. Zusi is a completely different beast, a niche within a niche, a different audience. Here in Germany, there is no company like DTG and I am glad that DTG exists, even if I sometimes grumble about them.

• Like Like x 4
  14. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Ha, for me railroading is more than just red or blue. If you are bored i cant help you, and dtg probably either.

15. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

This is the most asinine and xenophobic statement I have read in the forums for a while. I certainly hope you buy only electronics made in the UK, especially hilarious since most modern DMUs and EMUs running in the UK are foreign built….

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 13
  16. damarjatiaji

damarjatiaji Guest

Furthermore, few of the UK's newest signalling system is Italian, and few of their diesel motive power rebuild program utilized EMD 12N-710G3B-EC prime mover, which used before in BR Class 66 (aka EMD JT42CWR) which is American. Just sayin'.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

You have no idea how much I’d love something like that in the game (ok, maybe you do if you look through my posting history :D). I’ve always wanted to get my hands on any of the Einheitseloks in TSW, recently got Zusi and could try driving one for the first time, and now I want one in TSW even more :)

• Like Like x 4
  18. meridian#2659

I guess with devs like tsg as 3rd and 2nd party content creator the chance are not unlikeley we get more classic rolling stock for german routes in the future.

• Like Like x 3
  19. meridian#2659

Just to say. Did anybody paid attention to the transmission axle shafts of the g6? They are all turning and animated! To be straight, since my change to tsw, this loco dlc is one of the very few addons even topped my expectations. Same with the br612.

I know tsg can not be compared with other devs, but rivets class150 is just a shadow compared. All static when it comes to those details.

At least with the sounds they have improved. Looking forward to their next release. They got the community feedback the hard way.

• Like Like x 4
  20. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The Class 66 uses an american engine, built in Canada... Some people are just muppets and the one who started this is rightfully being treated as such (Says a brit, living a mile from DTG headquarters :))

• Like Like x 5
  21. OldVern

Living 2 miles from the site of one of the UK's biggest railway locomotive and rolling stock works... now a retail outlet centre. :(

22. ARuscoe

That could be several of them...
    I mean the whole of Swindon was really a railway works and now look at it

• Like Like x 2
  23. iakoo

iakoo New Member

Yall are forgetting the game is called Train Sim World 2 and not Train Sim UK 2

• Like Like x 4
  24. ARuscoe

Don't think people are forgetting the name of the game, more focussing on their own desires rather than having an overall view

• Like Like x 4
  25. iakoo

iakoo New Member

Seeing it like that I agree.

26. OldVern

You could argue the “World” actually refers to the wider environment outside the cab or fixed views of previous train sims and the ability to walk around (within limits) that environment.

• Like Like x 11
  27. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

True! I really have high hopes for the steam route - if it is set like the UK route between 50s and 70s, i guess the german steam route is also electrified as long as it is a mainline route. And if that is the case, we could see Einheitsloks as seperate loco DLCs. After all, the steam route could have passenger coaches, that could be reused or the IC-Coaches could be remodelled and reskinned and be reused.

• Like Like x 2
  28. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Not my first choice for the first Pacer in the game, but I'd be happy with it.
    People saying that TSW2 should only get British routes and attacking those who disagree give this community such a bad name. They should be thankful DTG produce anything at all for them

• Like Like x 2
  29. OldVern

I meant a German 141 as per my new avatar... :)

30. james64

I'm well aware lol. That was just a joke.

• Like Like x 1
  31. OldVern

Ouch, my bad... Hee Hee.

32. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I'd take a 151 right now...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  33. dhekelian

Love a drop of Rum, never tried this one though. Is it Good?

34. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I don’t want to ruin your fun , but maybe this conversation would be better off in a different thread :)

35. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

In my opinion... DTG is making more and more German (mainly) and US routes, do to it seems they have more sales with them.
    In my case I would like to have more UK routes, but with modern trains. Like what is happening these days there.
    I already have GWE, Transpenine and also purchased SEHS.
    For older trains the firsts 2 are enough for me.
    I know there are people who loves UK trains, mainly the older ones.
    But as DTG is a business it is reasonable what is happening is what I mentioned on my first sentence.

• Like Like x 1
  36. dhekelian

I'm, not so sure they get more sales from the German and US but if they do then I'm sure it is all the bugs and fixes that are needed with the UK routes that still are outstanding and some have been waiting months for updates as well. I know other routes are affected as well. But it does spoil the game no?

Anyway, where's that Rum...............

• Like Like x 1
  37. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Don't mind me, still waiting for the next NA loco dlc, since we haven't gotten one since the Dash-8, well over a year ago.....

• Like Like x 3
  38. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Hopefully, we will see all the fixes especially the red signal, audio cutting off, headlight, better realistic night mode, and other bug fixes before any new UK or US Route. I still want to see more commuter, high speed, fast busy network trains such as NJT, Amtrak Acela, which still hasn't shown, along with other UK routes.

39. james64

Speaking of fixes, have they fixed the signalling/ safety system issues on Boston Sprinter yet? I really want to get back into the route, especially with the special Amtrak livery, but it's hard to enjoy what's otherwise a brilliant route with those issues.

40. Nielsen

Not yet fixed. Still unplayable.

• Like Like x 1
  41. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

There have been fixes, and you can arrive on time now.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Nielsen

Can you please point to any patch notes backing up that statement?

I played an Amtrak service on this route yesterday and was held up by caution signals for a very long distance between Providence and Route 128. Then I tried another, but it was the same except the caution signals were less intrusive, but still enough to break the timetable. So it appears the issue is service-dependent, but definitely still there.

• Like Like x 2
  43. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I've done plenty in both directions and arrived early even.

• Like Like x 1
  44. james64

It's infuriating that after all these months the route is still in this state. Have DTG just forgotten? We need them to give us some kind of update in the near future.

• Like Like x 2
  45. solicitr

Only northbound. Southbound is hopeless.

46. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

It's a mystery right now, and there have been no specific patch notes from DTG, but several people, including me, have reported significant improvements, including signal and safety and cruise control functions. I am now able to drive the length of the route, north and south, and be on time in Boston and Providence. That's on PC. According to DTG, nothing has been done to the route. So, go figure.

47. solicitr

If you look at the releases, you'll see that they are evenly divided, coming in UK-US-Germany-repeat groupings (actually, TSW2020 had two UK routes, against one US and one German) In fact, there are more UK routes than anywhere else if one counts 3rd-party DLC's. Skyhook coming on board has added two US routes, but the British ones still outnumber them.

48. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

So True, we need more USA Routes Still and along with other region route, but mosty USA

49. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

More USA passenger routes , not more USA freight routes . We need a UK freight route

• Like Like x 1
  50. Nielsen

On NEC I can only do that without the safety systems enabled, but for me that would also take away the engaging aspect of driving high speed trains.

Northbound services also have the problem. I have only driven one which didn’t (of the ones I’ve tried).

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 2