Dresden – Chemnitz Worth Getting?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by driplpent, Jan 17, 2022.

1. driplpent

driplpent New Member

What are people's thoughts on this new route and is it worth getting? Is there a good mix of express and local services appvalley tutuapp tweakbox? Are there any high speed sections of the route or do you trundle along like you do on Ruhr-Sieg Nord? I know it's been released with its usual glitches which will hopefully get rectified......

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  2. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

It's a resounding yes from me.

There are a few graphical glitches that need ironing out and the RD throttle is poor of the 612 and a few other minor issues which I'd like to see addressed. There's isn't any true high-speed runs and the max speed is 120km/h (140km/h in the 612) but one of the draws is the ever changing speed limits.
    That said it runs like a dream and IMO is DTG strongest release to date.

• Like Like x 6
  3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Definitely. One of the best routes for the game to date. It has more of a long distance feel than the urban Ruhr routes with a good distance between stations on some of the express runs. Gradients and speed restrictions are constantly changing, so if you like MSB or RSN this is even better. While not mountainous the scenery is hilly and undulating, very nice to look at.

The new Class 612 DMU is a work of art with brilliant sound and, so far as the users can tell, very accurate physics.

If you have the 363 and G6 shunting locos, these are also layered in.

As with all DTG routes there are a few minor snagging issues, missing objects but that doesn't detract greatly from the overall experience. There is also a strong likelihood this route could be a contender for future German steam traction support. It seems robust and I personally haven't yet experienced any crashes or lock ups. The save game seems to be working reliably too.

Still playing it - by this point my interest in a new route has tended to wane and I drift back to another or even a different game.

My overall rating is 9.5/10, I pre-ordered and don't regret a Day 1 purchase.

• Like Like x 3
  4. graham.haddon

graham.haddon Well-Known Member

Brilliant route. Only bug I have seen so far is the headlights being stuck on bright on the AI cab cars when going backwards.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

The overall build quality of the route is OK to good in my opinion. My gold standard build quality German route is still RSN.
    To my surprise the turntables actually work but there is a permanent track texture layer put on them that doe not move with the table which is very off putting. There are some holes in the ground around the turntables

There are ares unfinished around the freight yard, big texture gaps here and there and the usual buildings with 3ft tall doors that really stand out like a sore thumb. There are some Talent 2 services that you can't complete because they didn't finish the OHLE into the sidings. A simple play test could find that as they are a 5 minute service.

Overall it is good but feels rushed. It needed another pass form a quality team to fix up the rough edges.

To me, this is a good route but it is not built as good as RSN or RRO. There are too many basic visual errors that are everywhere to see.

The 612 is great to drive and looks great. The external model of the RP 185 is very good and not just a reskin. The livery is crisp and has surface reflections. It has additional radio antenna on the cab roofs and the external CCTV modules at the driver doors.

The narrow gauge railway parts with the rolling stock that you can walk through are a tease on what could have been. I was amazed at the external texture detail of the narrow gauge coaches, I was expecting them to be like the WSR static coach quality.

Overall it is a good buy

6. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Yes its worth it. If you own additional german dlcs they get included ad layer or a.i.

7. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

After spending more time with the route over the weekend, I would say yes.
    The speed limit varies from 60(70) to 120(140) km/h in some areas for normal (tilting) trains, with the usual line speed of around 100 km/h for most of the route.
    There is a good mix of express services (IRE1, RE3) and stopping services (S3 from Dresden to Tharandt and Freiberg, RB30 that stops everywhere) and a good range of freight services that are not only A to B runs as seen on other routes, there is also shunting, stabling of locomotives, etc.

The gradients coupled with the slower reactions of the DB143 and DB612 make it quite a challenge to keep up with the timetable. Unfortunately, the RB30 timetable is unreasonably shortened and you will get delayed along the route.
    If you own other German routes, the list of usable trains grows and gets quite diverse with substitutions for player consists and additional AI services at Dresden Hbf.

There are some other bugs like floating rails, level crossings and I've noticed a reversed catenary, but so far I haven't encountered anything game-breaking.

Overall, the route feels like the gameplay of Main-Spessart Bahn with Ruhr-Sieg Nord's timetabled services and Nahverker Dresden's visuals.

• Like Like x 4
  8. zzw1983

zzw1983 Well-Known Member

9. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

very good route

10. jmhdc812

jmhdc812 Active Member

It was a day one purchase for me. No regrets. A few minor issues, as previously mentioned, but nothing near game breaking. It’s a route that will keep you on your toes as you need to pay attention to speed and gradient changes. All in all, a fun and busy route.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Oh yes, taking a 45 wagon, heavy freight to Dresden down that 2.5 % grade is a fun challenge.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Definite yes from me.

It's challenging but fun to drive, especially freight on the steep gradients.

Mostly echoing others here, but the 612 is quite unique to what we've had in TSW so far, and the 185.6 in Railpool livery is quite nice. Headlights that actually work- yes, please! With the blue/white 363, the G6, MRCE 185, and 1442 from RT, this might be the most colorful mix we've had yet*.

I know there's like 0% chance of it happening, but some kind of link with Dresden-Riesa in the future would be amazing.

*Edit: separate purchases required for all layers just fyi for newer players.

• Like Like x 1
  13. cavok

cavok New Member

EDIT: Full recommendation from me - issue related to bug with Riesa Dresden route in conjunction with TR - I am sure DTG will fix :D

Absolutely although no timetable runs works for me and at least one other player.
    I am enjoying the scenarios for now - definitely the most "alive" route so far.

Cheers

C

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  14. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Definitely get it. The best route produced so far for me. The worst route is West Cornwall Local.

I would happily pay £40 for Dresden-Chemitz, it’s got so much content and looks so realistic.

• Like Like x 1
  15. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

100% great. The road is winding and lots of slopes, you have to be careful. The landscapes are very well reproduced. The BR 612 is magnificent. Many trains in the depots and yards, it's alive, it's great. No blocking bugs for me, it runs smoothly :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I totally agree with all the positive comments here!

If you told me I could only have three TSW routes - and I have nearly all of them, this would be one of those 3. The other two ……

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 1