Xbox Standing Up At End Of Run

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by david-bright184169, Jan 17, 2022.

1. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

This has started to happen at the end of a run for me,
    Instead of getting the usual message at the end of a run my player jumps out of the seat
    and stands in the centre of the cab.
    The first time it happened I thought I had derailed
    So far it has been on,
    F7 and SD40 in Clinchfield
    and Dash 8 on Sand Patch
    Xbox Series S

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

This is one of the options for "ending a scenario" and happens a fair bit on SEHS. Possibly someone ticked the wrong box on a recent update

• Like Like x 1
  3. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

Thanks, I'll have a look later.

4. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I think it's an intentional change because the next service is AI only (going off map). It used to be that you were told to exit the train (this was glitchy and often wouldn't trigger from the correct side of the train). You will not be thrown out of the seat if the next service is part of the player timetable. I do get the results screen pop up as I'm being pushed out of the seat.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  5. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

This is an AI driver taking over the service , which means that you will be kicked off the seat

6. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

I think the best solution to fixing this is for the game to kick you out of the seat if you choose to return to free roam after completing a service. Now I don’t know how practical this is but I would assume it isn’t too difficult

7. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

The trouble is if you want to return to free roam you have to be quick. The AI driver will leave as soon as they’re in the seat stranding you on the train or forcing you to jump off at speed. Neither of which can be called a good simulation of driver handover!

8. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

If you ever take a 66 to Acton yard on GWE you will get kicked out of your seat, driver will appear & immediately set off (brake/acceleration physics anyone??!) Giving you no time to exit the cab should you choose to go for a walk.

9. ARuscoe

AI trains have "simplified physics" else any amount of trains on the map would cause the game to grind to a halt

10. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Yeah, they can do 0-60 mph in about 5 seconds :D

11. ARuscoe

And the other way round... braking characteristics completely shot, but then better that that the CPU of even a high powered machine grinding to a halt because it's trying to work out various interactions of a train you can't even see

12. Stephen Crofts

But then, it’s those AI runs that have formulated a good number of our timetables, so there is a need for some attention there

13. ARuscoe

Personally I don't see it as something to be focussed on as I see those services as "moving scenery", ie nice to have but relatively unimportant.
    Others may view it differently of course, but then you do have to weigh the hit on performance against what you get from that hit

14. Stephen Crofts

I understand that, but what I mean is it’s the AI physics that’s effectively making the timetable timings for most of our routes in timetable mode, the Brighton route excepted I think. So it has a knock on for us when we are driving and leads to us failing to keep time, which can be important - it would be nice actually if running on time we’re important in dovetail live streams, because I think the difficulty of keeping to time would then become apparent.

15. ARuscoe

I'm not sure this is the case... I admit I know more about the timings in TSC scenarios than in TSW timetables so you may be right.
    As for the "running to time", the 4UP challenges would show this, and from what I've seen they're generally easily achievable unless there's some specific "blocking service" causing an issue, or the known issues on SEHS with the Javelin