This Is Not Acceptable Anymore

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DeyKey, Jan 13, 2022.

1. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

Would you prefer it to be left broken?

2. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I would prefer if people do not use (I demand) when they want something fixed that is not game breaking and there are other game breaking things that need fixing.

3. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Hello friend, ok we respect your opinion, however when you purchase a certain product, it is a RIGHT to DEMAND that it work in accordance with what was promised, this is an understanding reiterated in any legislation, from the moment we request a certain correction , or we indicate a bug, malfunction and the like, we are not being petulant, or crying children, or any negative adjective, we are demanding our right, because the game, the add-ons are really not cheap, it has a relatively high cost, so the least we expect is an average quality, without bugs, crashes and situations that prevent us from playing, as you said and I agree, are a priority, but the "other minor problems" as you say also characterize that something is not in compliance, so it should be corrected as soon as possible and as soon as possible.

DTG always praises us for our patience, however it is clear that at some points we have already exhausted our patience, which I particularly get to be annoying, but it is my right, yours and everyone who requests corrections and actions from DTG .

[NOTE: To give you an idea, in Brazil, an add-on costs 160 BRL, about 13% of the minimum wage here, a game costs on average 250 to 300 BRL, I already spent almost 2000 BRL, that is it's a high value, and a good part of what I spent I can't play, and I understand that any other player here, especially the PS5 ones, can't, either because of space limitations, or because of crashes, bugs and the like, so it's totally plausible any claim that is assertive and just.]

• Like Like x 12
  4. Lenwigg

Because it is a higher part of your minimum wage does not mean that they can give you special treatment. And I don't see how you can demand perfect working software because there is no such thing. And keep demanding that you have that perfect piece of software still won't make it happen as it does not exist. And I doubt it ever will. So be patient as asked, and stop moaning and demanding like a child who can not get their own way.

• Like Like x 1
  5. tcmikaelsouza

More respect please, I don't demand perfect software, I only demand what I was promised, or the minimum of functioning in compliance, and patience here we have plenty, like the other colleagues too, but understand that most are being hyper patient and not has return of the main problems.

• Like Like x 6
  6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The key phrase at law is "Fit for the purpose sold." At least that's the phrase in the US Uniform Commercial Code, and I believe the UK Sale of Goods Act uses similar language. Fitness, note, does not mean perfection. The product need not be flawless, nor excellent, nor even very good, provided it does what it is held out by the seller as doing.

7. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I think he's perfectly entitled to moan, groan, whine and, yes, demand that a product function as advertised. Software is a little different from most other products, of course, and is never going to be perfect. But asking that it be playable on any of the platforms on which it's offered for sale is a perfectly reasonable demand, and , for some players, that playability is a question mark.

I'd like to see the forum member who has never whined, moaned or demanded that something be fixed asap cast the first stone.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
  8. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

I agree. We have paid a lot of money for dlc that is always bugged. There are older bugs that have not been sorted either. Tutorials STILL have not been fixed. Most of these bugs and issues could have easily been spotted by QA. There is no excuse for releasing content with the same problems. Thankfully it looks like DTG are getting their act together. No other company would have gotten away with this. This says alot about the community- We are patient and understanding, but our patience has been wearing thin for a long time. Things are getting better, and thats good. I want TSW to be the best it can be. At least the red light issue has been solved lol!

• Like Like x 3
  9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I mean really? Do you follow the buglists for Microsoft, Apple, Google, IBM, Oracle or any other large software company? There have been bugs in Windows since god knows when that are still there in Windows 11, Apple regularly patches issues that have been there for years as does everyone else
    Bugs are a fact of life in complex multi-interaction software. That doesn't mean basic things that stop the software working shouldn't be fixed, but some things people report as "bugs" are things which are implemented incorrectly, but they're "as intended", so not "bugs" as such

We can blame DTG for poor implementation of just about everything in game on occasion, but that's not exactly unique to them either!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Lenwigg

I don't remember anyone promising that the sounds that you keep moaning about would be perfect. But hay you moan about them anyway. And I watch most of the preview streams.

11. tcmikaelsouza

the issue of sound has already been widely defended, and I don't think it's worth discussing, but based on what I've told you, I'm not even talking about sounds but Dresden, a line that filled my eyes with the variety of locos, and then , I CANNOT PLAY IT, no way, it has stuck trains, AI trains advancing red lights, constant crashes, in short, it is the main basis for what I said, it doesn't offer the least, which is to play without crashes and impediments that don't allow me to complete a path uneventfully, that's the minimum I'm referring to.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Lenwigg

I can play Dresden okay. Just last night I took a BR101 on a service into Dresden with no problems. And yes some of the sound issues have been defended, and many times by others, including drivers, who say they are correct. I, like you have not been in a cab in real life so I, unlike you am not going to say if they are correct or not because like you I DON'T KNOW

• Like Like x 1
  13. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

He already said he is “not even talking about sounds” but that he cannot play the route. It’s great you had no problems on the service you mentioned, but others including tcmikaelsouza seem to have problems. Finally, I think the bold capitals are unnecessary and make you appear to be trolling

• Like Like x 3
  14. tcmikaelsouza

Boy, that's a miracle, which PS4 do you use? Dresden is practically unplayable for me, the problems I have already mentioned here:
    - Trains stuck in the middle of the way without moving;
    - AI trains advancing red signals;
    - Immutable red signals, preventing you from proceeding;
    - Blue Screen Error, in the vicinity of Dresden Mitte and Hbf.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lenwigg

I don't see how that makes me a troll, but no worries I have been called a lot worse and still here seventy plus years on.

16. Lenwigg

Last night I played it on PS5, but I played on PS4 up until Christmas. And had no problems on Dresden once they sorted out a problem caused after I purchased the BR101. Before I purchased that it was fine on the PS4. And after the fix Dresden and all the others were fine for me again.

17. tcmikaelsouza

well, for me I continue to face these problems, even uninstalling the full game and reinstalling, with and without BR101, I remain facing the same problems.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lenwigg

I will try it on the PS4 as soon as I get the chance, later today with a bit of luck, and will let you know what happens.

19. Lenwigg

I have just played it on the PS4 and got to the end, got my points and a Gold medal. After I was awarded the points and medal I went for a bit of a walk around looking for collectables. When I decided I had had enough and went to go back to the main menu it crashed then with a blue screen. But like I said I did get there and got the points so did no waste time. If interested it was with the BR101 and it was IC Koln-Dresden @ 14:01

20. tcmikaelsouza

Interesting, I'll test it later on mine and see what I can get here.

• Like Like x 1
  21. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

There was no reason to get belittling or demeaning with your last comments. Make your point, state your rebuttal, move on. Whether you agreed with the opinion or not, it was exactly that.

• Like Like x 3
  22. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

Removed by DTG Natster - Off Topic

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  23. Lenwigg

Removed by DTG Natster - Off Topic

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2022
  24. Lenwigg

I hope it goes well for you.

25. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

Honestly lirr was my fav route but i have to go back to tsw1 to play it otherwise i get no audio, besides the cab and tracks. It used to be on and off before the update but after its permanent. I just reached the point where i cant justify spending money on broken inconsistent dlc when i can buy other games.

26. tcmikaelsouza

DTG Natster Please see this issue on LIRR, we love this route, it's the absence of sound on the M7 has not been resolved to this day.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Lenwigg

Hello again, Just wondering if you have had time to give it a try? And if you did I am also wondering how it went for you?

Genuinely interested as it seems strange that you and others have these crash problems and I have not had them for quite a while. Apart from that blue screen crash I said about when I went to return to main menu that is not quite as bad as a crash while playing causing a loss of points.

28. tcmikaelsouza

Hello friends, good morning.

Between yesterday and today I did the RE 50 Dresden - Leipzig route with dostos, and I didn't face crashes, later I will test the way back with DB BR 146.2, where we usually face crashes in Dresden Mitte.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. paulossj4

paulossj4 Active Member

Good morning everyone.

I've been using the Dresden to Riesa route both ways, and I've never had any problems. I use PS4 Pro.

Just a question: when I play with rain, snow appears, why?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Depends on the temperature, if its cold then the rain turns to snow.

• Like Like x 3
  31. Yuk Foo

Yuk Foo New Member

Crashes for me on PS4 also. I’ve walked away from the game now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. tcmikaelsouza

I made the way back RE50 with the BR 146, and in the middle of the way there is a train that doesn't move, the next crossing that goes to Meissen, a recurring problem that prevents me from completing the trip.

33. Lenwigg

Oh that is a pain. But I did think you were going to try the same one that I did to see if you managed to get to the end of the route.

34. tcmikaelsouza

Good morning, I tried, but in the middle of the way where I indicated there is a train stopped, generating a red light that prevents me from proceeding.

35. Lenwigg

Oh that is strange. I wonder how it could work for me but not you. If you were using the same loco as me then surly this would make it even more difficult for them to sort out. Were you early, late or near enough on time?

36. tcmikaelsouza

It was time, it is noticeable that it is a bug, because when you arrive at the red light, you notice that there is a train stopped in the middle of the Meissen Junction and it does not move, and when you restart or start the same service you notice that the train starts moving at that point and then stops. Lately I always when starting a service in Dresden (which has been very difficult given the failures) I always go to the map and check that there are no trains stuck in the way. This more specifically is a RE50 service from Leipzig to Dresden, at some point in the journey.

37. Lenwigg

Oh, I thought you said you were going to try the same service that I did with the BR101 and it was IC Koln-Dresden @ 14:01