Newbie Needs General Help Please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by falcon, Jul 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. falcon

falcon New Member

I purchased TS in 2013 and have only just picked it up again and reinstalled so my first question is 1. is this the latest version of which mine is V62.8b or do I have to purchase TS 2018?. my second question is 2. I seem to be sitting with my nose pressed up against the windscreen in the cab, slight exaggeration, but even at FOV at 100% my position looks much closer than the video's on YouTube.
    Thank you for any help on the above topics.

2. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Hi Falcon,
    1) My game is up to date and is TS2018 v62.8b also.
    2)
    Mouse scroll wheel also zooms in and out so outside chance that might be worth a check..
    Hope that helps :)

3. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Hi Falcon. Sunscreen is right about everything but that tutorial has been updated:

Just been discussing this in another thread actually. When I tried it I thought it slowed my system down though, that being said, at the time my system was barely adequate for TS anyway so maybe I'll give it another go. Don't overdo it though- you don't have to change it much before you get a distracting fish-eye effect. IIRC you'll need to start from the desktop but I can imagine that different "lenses" would suite different trains. It should be possible to set up several shortcuts taylored to suit whatever you fancy driving.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. falcon

falcon New Member

I thank you for your input and help, on the subject of the mouse wheel zoom, yes I have tried that to. Perhaps its just me so I have upload a screen shot to see if it looks OK to others.
    Thanks again for your help. Railworks Train Simulator Screenshot 2018.07.20 - 11.58.11.42.png

5. falcon

falcon New Member

I have just followed the above video FOV tutorial and have now got the effect I want.
    Thanks again for everyone replies and help.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Yeah that looks to be right in the screenshot above

7. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Please note that using the mouse wheel to "zoom" also changes the speed of the sim. That is, zooming in slows play and zooming back out restores play to normal speed.

8. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Are you sure? Never noticed that.

...or are you kidding?

9. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Yes he is correct when you zoom in it slows you down, but when you zoom back out everything returns to normal again.

No joke.

10. hightower

hightower Guest

It definitely doesn’t do that on my machine!

11. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

With over 4500 hours in the sim, can’t say I have ever noticed this. Even checked elapsed time with a watch both zoomed and not, no noticable difference on my laptop or desktop.

That being said, on some very intense graphic scenarios, I have seen the game clock slow compared to real time. Just would be interested to hear the specifications of the computers that are experiencing the subject zoomed in slow downs.

Another point I have noticed though is when the F1 overlay is used, I have noticed more graphical stutter, but not a clock slowdown.

12. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

I think that's what you call an optical illusion :P

• Like Like x 1