PC Specs

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Ibanez074, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

Can I ask your opinions on true specs to run this sim? I've purchased the ps4 version of TSW and whilst enjoyable it takes me back to the days of running TS on a PC. I am way out of the loop on current processors etc so any info on that and graphics cards would be great!

2. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

If want to run it on a PC, better invest a lot of money. For me it runs fine on a system with Intel i& processor, Nividia 1060 6Gb card, at leats 16Gb RAM and don't forget to buy a big SSD. I run at max detal reaching 30-45fps (I set 45fps as a limit).
    My system did cost me bit over Euro 2000 (ecluding monitor), I decided not to go for the most expensive video card, but to reserve some money for a silent case, better cooling quality. And indeed, you don't hear my system at all, except when you turn it on.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Depends on the "realism" you want. I've had it running as a basic sim on a Microsoft Surface pro 4, but that was low quality and low fps. If you want it to run smoothly at ultra high detail, lump your money in GPU, RAM and CPU (just about in that order), but this applies to just about any high graphic quality game

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

Crikey I was looking at spending £600 ish on a tower with a 2nd gen i7 and an nvidia 1050ti with 16gb ram. Guess I'll stick to the ps4!

5. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

Yes, after all, no matter the specs of the PC, nothing like actually driving a train IRL. As much of a "game" as X-Plane 11 is.

• Like Like x 1
  6. HybridAlien

HybridAlien Member

Xplane 11 is the killer of all high spec computers

• Like Like x 1
  7. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Don't dismiss second-hand. You won't get bleeding edge kit but you might get a decent system from someone who's just updated to bleeding edge kit. I have TS running quite satisfactorily on a laptop that cost £200- perhaps a third of the price of a new laptop with an i5 and middling GPU. Granted that's for Train Simulator rather than TSW but I think the point stands.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

Really? That's encouraging. I'm not too fussed about TSW at the present seeing as the amount of DLC available for TS.
    Really disillusioned with the price of kit required to run new games so £200 for a laptop to run it is incredible!

9. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

TS is hardly new and, to reiterate, I was talking about TS in my example not TSW. My point was that if £200 will get a second-hand machine that'll run TS one that'll make a decent job of TSW might be within the suggested £600 budget after all. (I don't think you misunderstood that but the point might not be so clear on a quick read.)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  10. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

Yes understood thanks! In hindsight I should've been asking about TS specs rather than TSW.

11. SD40Australia-Daniel

SD40Australia-Daniel Member

Hey I have a 750Ti and it runs nice with an i5 same RAM!! If you spend that much you will fine!! More than fine!!!!

SD40Australia-Daniel

• Like Like x 1