Train Sim World 2 - Happening Hamburg

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, May 6, 2021.

1. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Actually DB have leased many MCRE 182s on passenger trains in the past. They even had 5 MCRE 182s and a MCRE 189 on passenger trains a one point even though DB only use their 189s on freight.

update 2011|08|06
    [DE] DB Regio hires F4s AND U2s for its regional services
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    For the seven days of services, the five ES 64 F4s, recently added to the fleet of DB Regio, are not sufficient. Therefore three MRCE ES64U2s are hired additionally to haul regional services between Eisenach and Halle. Units involved are ES 64 U2-013, 028 and 073,

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  2. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

But the DB BR 182 need to be removed as Passenger Train on HHL, because it’s run only on Hamburg Hbf to Rostock Hbf.
    So DTG need to used it only as AI Train for the Hamburg Hbf with is not playable. CFC6AFCF-5FB2-4E4E-91CD-06193C6E2D63.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  3. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Before you ask something like that, you should perhaps first check how high the chance is that an AI train will spawn with a DB 182 at all. Then you should also think about other players. There are players who think it's nice that the 182 can no longer only be used in freight traffic, outside of Rapid Transit.

• Like Like x 7
  4. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

But people want realistic for an Train Simulator Game, that’s why the 146.2 was removed on Ruhr Sieg Nord after the Release.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bobbobberdd

Just ask Matt how high is the chance that a DB 182 spwaned at all. I haven't seen a KI DB 182 yet, maybe it's set so that the KI doesn't spawn with the DB 182. Secondly, I'm pretty sure the 146 was never on Ruhr Sieg Nord. It came first with MSB, which was released after Ruhr Sieg Nord.

• Like Like x 2
  6. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

The knowledge base on this forum is impressive and I appreciate the information. However, the 182 is available as a layer so I think an easy solution to your quest for precise realism would be to not select it.

In the meantime, I will look forward to a chance to experience it as a passenger loco on this route, now with the added knowledge that that is not what happens in reality. Yet, being able to experience something that could not happen in reality - such as me driving a German passenger loco - is one of the benefits of a good simulator, isn’t it?

• Like Like x 2
  7. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

It should only run the Trains what is driving in Real Life on the Timetables, for fantasy is still the Scenario Planer.
    It makes me mad when I see always the slowly 143 on MSB, HRR or Köln-Aachen with the 120 km/h driving, when the route and the Timetable is 160 km/h for the 146.2

That’s why I want the DB BR 143 also removed in this Routes as Passenger Train.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Is MRCE a different operator or a division of DB?

• Like Like x 1
  9. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Its a own Company for leasing Locos to other companies

• Like Like x 1
  10. bobbobberdd

With the 143, I could agree with you, it would be nice if DTG removed it ( as a Passanger Train) because it is too slow. But with the 182 you should first see how it spawned on HHL. Matt said on the stream that 146 spawns very rarely. Maybe the DB 182 is even rarer or even player only.

11. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Funny thing is I'm starting to see the 146.2 and 185.5 more and more in the RSN loco consist moves. I ran one a few weeks ago and the was 2x 146.2s and 1 185.5 along with a Railion 185.2 and a 143. I thought it odd that the 146.2 and 185.5 could sub in even as rooling stock on RSN.

12. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I think it was you who from whom I know about CD Keys. That was a few months ago. Just want to thank you for that, it‘s saved me quite a bit of money in the meantime.

^ This. MRCE is a private company with no relationship to DB (other than DB being one of their customers).

• Like Like x 3
  13. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

It was just a small translation error, he meant to say "seperate company".

14. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

As I wrote ten days ago, I've taken some pics at several stations on this route.
    E.g. this high entry dosto at HH Hbf
    There are more in the gallery, watch the tags to identify the stations.
    But as a result, I can now certainly say that the ingame platforms were modelled lower than reality.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Hamburg Hbf desperately needs to be populated by AI layers like Dresden Hbf on Tharandter Rampe. For the 9th generation hardware at least. Hamburg is a major hub with more to offer than direction Lübeck.

This would be a good thing for the preservation team to look into after they’ve wrapped up basic functionality on the remaining TSW1 routes.

Also, please fix the route introduction tutorial. I got this DLC in the January sale on Playstation and the route intro freezes up while following set up instructions on the BR 112. Terrible first impression in addition to already being disappointed by the use of incorrect dosto carriages.

• Like Like x 3
  16. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Upcoming extension pack, maybe? :D

17. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

Joe is working on an update with some AI, but it will take some time.

• Like Like x 7
  18. hanseexpressfan

hanseexpressfan New Member

I think Hamburg need the S Bahn Route S1 between Hauptbahnhof and Hasselbrook. Like at Cologne - Aachen, where you can use the S Bahn Tracks in the Scenario Editor

19. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

And which trains should run there? There is no overheadline and no S-Bahn Hamburg vehicle. Which will never be designed just for the 3 short stops of S-Bahn-line in HBK. Can‘t be compared to SKA, where all trains can run the S-Bahn line and where this is running a long way from Köln to Düren.

• Like Like x 1
  20. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I certainly feel the same way. I also bought it in these sales and although I didn't think it was bad at first, I have quickly abandoned it and of the 10 German routes I have in TSW I rank this one as the second worst, only after Rapid Transit. And I don't put it last thanks to the 2 services available with BR 101.

Is this really the best that could be done in a city like Hamburg, with one of the biggest ports in the world, and with rail as an essential part of it? The freight traffic here is immense and constant, there were so many possibilities, and it only offers bland trips from A to B?

For me a great missed opportunity.

21. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

I enjoy it despite the obvious flaws. Partly because it's not too far from where I live, so I feel a degree of familiarity in the architecture around stations and the geographical traits of the route.

• Like Like x 2
  22. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I like it. I also got it in the sales and I’m glad I did. It does lack the traffic like a lot of TSW routes but the services there are to drive are quite adequate for me. A few services patterns and a fair bit of freight too. There is that dilemma that DTG have of putting in trains that don’t belong there just to make it busier or leave a busy area relatively empty. I can’t say the current situation has affected my enjoyment of the route but anything that can be added to make it busier would enhance it.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I find I go back to this route quite a lot. Its not the best German route but it’s still pretty nice to play.

I‘m not so much into freight but the runs on this route are pretty good. Definitely good when you want a bit more of a relaxed drive.

• Like Like x 2
  24. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

If you have the 101, both are those runs on HHL are excellent.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Yes, I do and I agree. It’s a shame there are only 2, but I‘ve done them multiple times. Best Loco in TSW in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  26. hanseexpressfan

Br 423? Its not realistic but at Köln - Aachen you cant drive the S Bahn in Timetable Mode. My idea was, that you can use the S Bahn Tracks at the Scenario Editor

27. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

There are still no trains that could possibly run those tracks as there is no overheadline on those tracks due to S-Bahn Hamburg gets it‘s power from a side line.

28. hanseexpressfan

My idea was that you can use the tracks in the scenario Editor.

29. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The solution might be making DB BR474.3 & DB BR490 these are the German versions of Class 387/2 UK US M8 since they use OHLE Third Rail. Hamburg S-Bahn uses PZB and is going to be upgraded to ETCS ATO Level 2. If made DB BR474.3 490 can also do SKA HMA RRO in Pantograph mode 15kv 16.7hz AC while on Hamburg Lubeck S-Bahn Tracks 3rd rail 1.2kv DC

2nd is NDR Hamburg Lubeck Schwerin Rostock Stralsund

• Like Like x 1