PC Chemical Plant Zone Scenario Broken

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by aaaa7007, Oct 5, 2021.

1. aaaa7007

aaaa7007 New Member

This scnario (Chemical plant zone) is broken on PC on the Dresden - Riesa route. The light will never change grrenfor me. Képernyőfelvétel (353).png Képernyőfelvétel (354).png

• Like Like x 1
  2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

A Talent 2 passes by around 09:17. The signal then changes to allow you to proceed. The behaviour was not like this before today's update. I have not tested the rest of the scenario...only the beginning.

A bug or maybe the passenger train now has higher priority than your freight? 15 minute wait. This is how it is on Xbox One X now.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. kate#7974

kate#7974 New Member

Same problem on PS4. For some reason the player's train runs on the left track from this point up until Weißig even though the right track is clear and not used. The screenshot below shows the Talent we were waiting for and that the signal eventually changes, including the ϟ indicator.

021D0F07-A804-4832-9C23-B0CF8ADD3B96.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. PBrogaard

PBrogaard Active Member

I wonder whether this routing is determined by DTG to make the scenario interesting and if it is really done this way in real life. After the Talent has passed and we are routed in the left track, we overtake no other trains nor experience a line closure on the right track en route to Nünchritz. The Talent following our train is held at Riesa for quite some time, looking on the map it looks like it has departed and wait for us to clear the block.

The only reason I can come up with, would be if this is to simulate the dispatcher deliberately giving us a way through the crossovers behind signal A1 in Riesa and again reaching Weßig, to clean away rust from the rails in the crossover hence maintaining the functionality of the track circuit. However, I do not now if train detection on the line is by track circuit or axle counters. If the latter, my point is not valid.

If this is the idea, to simulate what actually happens now and when freight trains, because of their many axles, are used to keep the railhead on track that maybe isn't used as often, fresh and shiny, I must say bravo! Only two things to add to this is a) the driver would no doubt be advised prior to getting a halt where he normally would not, and b) it seems odd that we delay the train behind. In a case where the timetable does not allow for this maneuver without delaying the passenger traffic, the freight train will always be routed directly to clear the block asap.

Just my thoughts :) Very nice scenario.

• Like Like x 1
  5. cptainnevica#6145

cptainnevica#6145 Member

Well, it’s now June 2022. I’m playing on PS5 and can confirm it’s just a very long hold at the red light. I’m currently writing while waiting for the aspect to change because I messed up the brakes on the shunter first time through. Sometimes we just have to accept these things happen in real life and if we want realistic simulation, this is what we get. 09:17 and I have a green aspect.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  6. fanatico1981

fanatico1981 New Member

It’s absolutely ok to wait so long, but with a broken game like TSW2 you never know if this a bug or feature.

• Like Like x 2
  7. cptainnevica#6145

cptainnevica#6145 Member

I agree with you there. It’s such a shame that there are so many problems. When I first started playing (before Rush Hour was released), the whole simulation was relatively stable on PS4. The move to a new ‘Real Engine’, whilst a great thing to do, just seemed a step too far. Even today I have a problem in that I cannot ‘see’ the purchase screen for TSW3 (German Edition) on my PS5. PS store doesn’t show any of the ‘TSW3 Starter Packs’ so I’m sat here with my £29.99, unable to spend it!

8. cptainnevica#6145

cptainnevica#6145 Member

Well at least I’ve sorted the TSW3 purchase issue. Apparently on PlayStation Store you need to declare that you want to purchase the Deluxe Edition of TSW3 (even though you don’t) and then later on, further down the line (see what I did there ), there is an option to select which version you really want.

9. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

This is not fixed in TSW3 on PC.