Eastbourne End

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dr al, Jan 18, 2022.

1. dr al

dr al New Member

Got as far as this on PS4. New to gaming. Can’t discover how to set route. Any help appreciated.

2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

Sorry could you rephrase what you mean. All I get is that you have arrived at Eastbourne and I guess you have finished a service

• Like Like x 1
  3. lovetrains 3628

lovetrains 3628 Active Member

4. lovetrains 3628

by pressing the big rectagle in the middle of the controller

5. dr al

dr al New Member

I get to train wash. Stop train.walk to lever but can’t get lever to change points. Sorry but in my 70’s I have just come into simulations and am finding it frustrating because if you don’t get it right you have to go back to start.

6. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Calm down friend, maybe you are skipping some step, basically the 377 to work, you need to turn on the Master Key, then select the reverser forward, and handle the power maintainer, if you need to change cabin, just do the reverse operation in this cabin and go to the other one following the step by step.

I had difficulties at first, and I still have times to reset the train after applying the emergency brake, but reviewing the training tutorials, you can get used to it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. dr al

dr al New Member

This didn’t work. What am I doing wrong

8. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

If you tap the large rectangle button in the middle of the control pad it will bring the map up. The route the train will follow will show in blue with the destination further down the line. If you follow the route you will come across the points you need to change. If you hover over the points with the curser and press x you will see the direction change (in purple I think) just change each one till it lines up.

Apologies if this didn't make sense!

• Like Like x 1
  9. dr al

dr al New Member

Thanks very much for your help. Starting to get a little disillusioned as each time I fail I have to go back to start. Been at this for several weeks ( tv use permitting).

10. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Hello "Dr Al"
    I am 65 next birthday and it took a while to get used to the controls.

What "Barryr21" has written is the way to get points to change. Though I have found the only points you can change by the Map are the ones you can also change by hand. You cannot change the ones controlled by the signal box.

I do not have this DLC so I cannot test it for you. It might be worth a search on YouTube, to see if someone has done that route and done a video of how it works. Search on the name of the module you are playing.

To help everyone what is the Timetable / Scenario called. How far along have you got.

I am sort of presuming you have finished a service and need to wash the train before you stable it and finish the module?

You could save the game at the point you get to. Then at least you can go back to it when someone comes up with a solution.

I have not heard anyone report this as a bug (not saying its not) so keep trying.

I have once made a mistake, in that when I stopped on a route and waited for a signal to change in front of me at some points. I was supposed to reverse back the way I had come into a yard, behind me, not continue forwards, If that makes sense?

The way to find that is climb out of the cab and walk forwards in the direction you think you should be going, does distance to objective get large or smaller? if larger then you need to go the other way. Either change ends of the unit, or slowly reverse. I normally reverse using the camera at the end. As you have to remember it is where you are in the train, so you need to add all the length of the train or you do my other trick and crash into the buffers!

Hope this helps

• Like Like x 1
  11. lovetrains 3628

this is a scenario

12. borg#1850

It would be good if you said "Which" Scenario it is.

• Like Like x 2
  13. dr al

dr al New Member

Eastbourne End on PS4

14. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

Here is a youtube video that I have found could you tell us from watching it where exactly you have got to so far and maybe also watching may give you an answer to what you are stuck with.

15. lovetrains 3628

this is in the thread titte

16. borg#1850

Aha I do not have the dlc. Thought it was a station end duh doh sorry

17. lovetrains 3628

perphs some could edit the title to include the word scenario

18. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Just running this scenario to try to help you
    You start at Lewes, run all the way to Eastbourne (stopping at three stations in between), get to Eastbourne and open the passenger doors. Close down the cab, walk to the other end, set the cab up and close the passenger doors
    So far so good
    Then you go to the sidings (the red light has little white "shunt marker" lights underneath so you do have permission to proceed
    You must drive through BOTH sets of washers (the fist washer is a go via rather than a stop) all the way to the end point of the siding. There's a stop marker in the floor but no "big blue light" as with other instructions
    Change ends again and then look at the map and you'll see the correct switch to set so the blue highlighted route goes to the right place, you can set this on the map view or by walking up to it and "Dragging the lever"
    Stop in the correct siding, shut down the cab then exit and walk to the driver's cabin to complete the run

• Like Like x 1
  19. dr al

dr al New Member

Got the problem sorted and was able to set route. Thanks to everyone for your help and advice. It really made the difference.

• Like Like x 1
  20. borg#1850

Great, we do all try to help each other out. That's the positive side of this forum. :cool: