Tharandter Route

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by alanlakin, Jan 18, 2022.

1. alanlakin

alanlakin New Member

Hi,
    Got an XBOX Series S and now tried twice to get to Dresden but omg yet again it crashes like some routes on the Victoria to Brighton route!. Last time i was within feet of stopping at Dresden. Love the new route though, you cant take your eye off the speed and gradient!! I keep getting a notice saying something about my memory!!! Anyone know the best settings for the Xbox Series S ????
    Frustrated TSW 2 player!!! at the mo lol

• Like Like x 2
  2. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

If you're playing in 4k mode, reducing resolution to 1080p significantly reduces crashing on Series S, as well as doubling framerate.

3. alanlakin

alanlakin New Member

Hi Princess Entrapa thanks very much for your reply and already on 1080p at the mo.(might reduce it even more)
    Just been on again and this time i crash within a minute of leaving Dresden on a BR 612, every service. I keep getting "ERROR MEMORY TRYING TO LOCATE RENDERING RESOURCE!" DTG ARE YOU READING THIS?????????
    On a BR442 then i was able to finish a 20 minute service.
    i think as some other players have said that it may be down to me owning the other Dresden route and a BR101. Dresden station is full of locos, service's etc. I may have to delete the other Dresden route which i dont think is on DTG!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

I've had the same run crash twice on both display settings. It was the 85301 auto train and it crashed both times within 500m of the stop point. Only on the HD run did I get the out of memory error, the 4K run just black screened and booted me back to dashboard

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
  5. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's so many places where that mode just straight up kills the game before it can even finish loading stuff into memory.

ngl, I still hope for this game (and others) to add something along the lines of a 1440p 40fps mode, the extra 10fps makes a WORLD of difference on a 120hz screen. Switching to the uncapped FPS mode in MS Flight Sim with VRR enabled, which tends to hover between 40 and 55, was absolutely revelatory compared to the 30fps cap.

• Like Like x 1
  6. alanlakin

alanlakin New Member

Thanks very much Princess Entrapta and i will have a look in the Xbox Series S settings.
    hells.high.lord666 yes its very frustrating and not sure whether these so called next generation consoles are you to it !!!!!!
    So just done the IRE1 3084 service from Dresden to Nurnberg and completed it yippeeeee, now have to try a few tweak's and see if i can get into Dresden station without the OUT OF MEMORY bull coming up lol

7. peterg1002612

peterg1002612 Member

same problems on xbox one i just don't know why they released this route when it has the same problem as dresden - risa route

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bakter

Bakter New Member

Greeting
    I found a lot of errors along the route
    1: serial freezes
    2: traction locomotive alone is unable to tow the train against a 2% gradient
    3: The electric locomotive alone cannot pull as many assemblies on the slope as the 2%, but if it stops it cannot be moved again
    you would need at least 2 traction or electric locomotives here to be able to move it satisfactorily

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bakter

Bakter New Member

The traction tasks that are in the time table are the most impossible to perform, due to the errors I have listed, they can only be performed with at least two traction locomotives.
    Simply 2% ascending, runs out of speed momentum, stops at full power and slips the wheels and doesn't help with sand

10. Bakter

Bakter New Member

and all that comes with a series of "out of memory" crashes, even though there's performance on the Xbox X

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bakter

Bakter New Member

Goddamit, there is nothing you can do about these damn out of memory freezes.
    This LOVE cost a lot of money, so much expected to work perfectly‍

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

Some of the Dosto services on journey mode randomly crash to the Xbox dashboard. Series S

13. Bakter

Bakter New Member

Well, not only are the Xbox s series crashing, I also have constant crashes on the X series

14. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

One error that I have just found are on the 08:41 1442 Frieburg depot part 2, the train starts at an unelectrified area, thus meaning the train has no power to move, even though it's on a sharp 1.6% descending gradient and the 14:40 Dresden depot service, same train. Seems like they're being directed to the wrong siding. Don't think anyone bothered to test this route!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
  15. doomedcookie

doomedcookie Active Member

I did that but it still crashes. I've been playing in HD.

16. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I refunded tharandter rampe earlier today . It was a nice scenic route with good rolling stock , but the crashing was annoying me and it was getting boring beside of the lack of variety

17. Bakter

Bakter New Member

The load train timetable part is full of unfulfilled parts, starting from Dresden, you simply can’t go up 2.5% ascents.
    in that configuration, 1 traction locomotive, simply impossible, 2 traction locomotives would be required for this service

18. Bakter

Bakter New Member

It is no coincidence that there are two traction locomotive missions in scenario missions as well