Berlin-leipzig Aerosoft Route

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rybnicki, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

I noticed this is 30% off in the sale, but also that Steam reviews are mixed for it. Seems mostly to be over the poor standard of the default locos, none including PZB or LZB. That's a deal-breaker for me, is it still the case? I know there's the TrainTeam Berlin add-ons to fix it but I'm not up for spending €30 more to fix something Aerosoft didn't. Interested in hearing from anyone who's bought this.

2. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

I swapped the default 101 for VirtualRailroads' brilliant 101. (What AP is to UK locos, vR is for german ones).

Note that the VirtualRailroads stuff distributed on Steam has reduced functionality (Understandably as Steam takes 30% of the money). Get them on https://virtual-railroads.de/de/

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rybnicki

So Aerosoft never fixed it and the only way to do so is spend €10 more than the route now costs? Might give it a miss, then.

4. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

I use the vR on all german routes, so it's a good investment. If you buy a route for its rolling stock, then it's a miss. The route itself is nice.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TimeSlicedDanny

TimeSlicedDanny Active Member

The route itself is very good and works correctly with 3rd party advanced locos.

The bundled locos are basic, but no more so than the ones in DTG's European Asset pack.

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you bought it on Steam with the reviews would be mixed because some users don't know of the world outside of Steam.
    Because the route does not come with any locos - in the Scenarios you can either use the DTG European Loco and Asset Pack OR you can use the alternative scenarios If you have already purchased the locos
    Aerosoft did not make the route - Virtual Tracks did - and they kept the requirements to a minimum
    The route is very good with proper signals and working LZB on the sections where that is implemented

The Manual says this about Scenarios
    "There are two versions of the scenarios: the standard version with rolling stock from the ELAP and from the add-on as well as an "A" variant with additional rolling stock. I've chosen the ICE2 of RSC, 101 ExpertLine, 120 ExpertLine, 151 ExpertLine and the 112 ExpertLine from virtual-Railroads.de . A few words on the choice of the ICE: the ICE should have LZB, the ICE2 does have it (the
    ICE T as well). But the ICE T by DTG has this totally exaggerated tilting technology, which I didn't want
    virtual drivers to have to deal with."

I presume you have not purchased any other add-ons for TS2022?
    If you have other German Locos swap those in to the Scenarios.
    You only have to change the Player Train - it does not matter if the AI services have PZB or not as you are not driving them.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Rybnicki

I'm really baffled by the scenario editor (which is my problem I know), but this is all reassuring. I'll have a think, thanks for the advice.

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you wanted to change the loco in a scenario to a different one it is quite easy

there is also a piece of free software called TS Tools but that take a little more patience to learn

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Rybnicki

Thank you! I've amassed a fair amount of routes over the years but never really bothered looking under the hood, as it were.

10. hayward.john48

hayward.john48 Well-Known Member

I can recommend the route and the advice given above. Leipzig Hbf is very well represented (my favourite German station) and is a sight to behold in the game and in reality. It was the largest station in Germany but a couple of platforms are now out of use and “house” museum stock which is represented in the game.

• Like Like x 1
  11. trev123

trev123 Active Member

I did swap out my DTG default locos with the Virtual Railways ones too. I don't know whether it is like that now though as it is years since I have driven that route.

12. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

I'm sure that the Steam DLC locomotives from vR and Maik are reduced in functionality by DTG so everyone can drive them, especially, the noobs to Train Simming who don't have the necessary experience in advanced driving techniques, etc, and possibly don't want to learn, or, haven't the time, to learn how to drive them properly with all the bells and whistles attached reading the manuals to see what lever and button does what, that's been the way for several years now, nothing to do with the price of the asset.

Cheerz. Steve.

13. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

I'm pretty sure the downgrading is done by vR themselves for Steam distribution. DTG wouldn't touch other developers' content.

But back to the topic, the route is fine and if it's on sale get it with the extension "Mighty Seddin Freight" that comes with a great BR 232 ("Ludmilla").

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2022
  14. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Have seen that on the Steam forums: “my train won’t move so tell me what to do, I don’t want to read the manual!”.

• Like Like x 1
  15. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

So that's why the basic 101 was included in BL.;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2022