Next New Ap Release

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by inversnecky, Jan 20, 2022.

1. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

I wonder what will be the next locomotive or unit released by Mr Armstrong?

I think the Class 411/412 was the last release (excluding EPs).

Does anyone have an idea? Does AP tend to release one new train a year?

• Like Like x 1
  2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Richard has an idea what is next but information is only shown on their Facebook page near release.
    So everyone can spend time wishing or guessing but until it is due we won't know

GU Studios who made the 317 is working on the Anglia Railways 745 / 755 units -
    https://www.facebook.com/gustudios.co.uk
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Briti...dia/File:Greater_Anglia_745010_Colchester.jpg
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_755#/media/File:755407AtThetford.jpg
    their last release was with AP so this might also be with them

• Like Like x 2
  3. andy.malcolm

andy.malcolm Active Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

Waggonz is making a class 87. I'd say that would be next.

Wouldn't mind seeing a new class 421/422/423 pack. And something definitely needs to be done in regard to the class 165/166.

• Like Like x 3
  5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

At the rate improvements for the 165/166 are going the class will have been withdrawn

6. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

They've just removed a bunch of sound packs from sale so some new locomotives must be coming soon.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

What has been removed?

And I noticed that the 317/2 and 318 will be released from GU Studios by AP

8. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

It's in the ATS Facebook group. Won't let me copy easily: 220-222 SP, 20SP, 47SP, 33SP, MK3 coach pack.

What happens if I need a reksin that uses a SP I cannot get? Will it work?

9. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Forget the old art of "Kremlinology", trying to discern the future plans of AP is much more interesting!

10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Yes but you might have no sound
    You would need to edit the bin file to point the loco at the default sounds

11. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

You forgot the 55 (see VP Deltic payware) and 57 (Freightliner and Rail Tour, and the original for anyone who has that).

I find it convenient that AP has removed the 47 sound pack. VP has indicated an interest in using the sounds in their own pack, but was going to rely on the sound pack remaining available for sale. Could Richard be showing his hand by pulling it before VP releases their pack? This one is interesting. My concern is, even if they are allowed to bundle them, it will result in a more expensive pack as they would have to then pay Richard for the sale of each unit (meaning he would now be paid twice for the same sound pack in some cases), so I hope they have a version for owners of the old sound pack that can be added to in that case.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  12. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

Why would an individual reskin use a soundpack? Any AP soundpacks go in the Audio file for the base locomotive model, which you would obviously already have to be able to attach the reskin to.

And any DLC that you have already bought should still be in your account download area for you to re-download, I've already checked my stuff is still in situ.

Cheerz. Steve.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
  13. Cyclone

Not sure you understand. In the BIN file, the audio references are to the location of the audio files used. Where an AP sound file is referenced, it's true the train will still run, but you just won't hear that element of the audio.

14. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You maybe don't know that AP have been withdrawing some of their sounds packs

If you look at what the person you are replying to said
    "R3dS41ft said:
    What happens if I need a reksin that uses a SP I cannot get? Will it work?"

AP Sound packs work by changing the bin file for the loco/coach/wagon to point at the the new sound files.
    These are installed in Assets/AP/xxxx depending on what it is - eg \railworks\Assets\AP\C150P

A reskin that uses an AP sound pack comes with a new bin file pointing at that pack
    If you don't own that pack because it has been withdrawn then you won't have any sounds on the Reskin.

Peter

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

Maybe I could have phrased it better. I thought a reskin/repaint comes with a bin file that points at the Audio file for that particular model when you first buy it. AP doesn't sell reskins individually, a lot of the reskins in the extra stock pack contents are other repaints used for scenarios and come in exe.applicator files, so, you have no idea what they are until you actually install them. In the Class 20 Pro Soundpack extra stock are 2 EMU reskins for the 423 & 455, and in the Class 33 Pro Soundpack are repaints for a Class 47 and 421 and 423 MUs, nothing to do with the base models at all. Any repaints you obtain generally comes from other sources, 3rd party websites like Alan Thomson, UKTrainsim library, Darren Porter's website, etc, etc, the reskins have a bin file for the base model audio files, I thought AP's soundpacks then overwrite those files so the base model and all reskins then have the new sounds, if you don't have a particular AP soundpack then it reverts back to the original sounds that you bought with the DLC pack, so, you would then have the old sounds instead.

Cheerz. Steve.

16. Cyclone

Reskins do not ship with audio. They typically have audio references to existing audio. AP EPs use their own audio, but M.W for instance have AP EPs as requirements, sometimes even a sound pack like the 390. Extra stock packs are only for scenarios in the pack and not related to the pack itself. They can be used in other scenarios though, hence why a scenario pack stock pack still appears from time to time as a requirement.

17. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you look on some website, like Vulcan Productions, Major Wales Alan Thomson Sim etc, etc some of the reskins Require an AP Sound Pack as the Author of the reskin would want the better sounds.
    VP have a Class 55 Pack but are having to Withdraw it as AP have withdrawn the Class 55 Sound Pack.
    Would you want a reskin that you downloaded still use the default sound even though you have the AP version?
    Take the DTG Class 303 - I have the AP 303 Sound Pack and it installs files outside of the default Class303Pack01Assets.ap file
    So the game see the new files before the old ones

18. Cyclone

This also makes uninstallation of the sound pack easy, as well, in case you for some reason need to remove it. Not so for the Class 66, which integrates right onto the existing train. Why? It's old enough that there is no AP file. So Class66Pack02 will be fully integrated, and AP updated that train directly even with its EP, while later packs only create a new version and don't modify the original.

19. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you wish to remove an AP Sound pack from an older train Delete the entire file and let Steam re download it

• Helpful Helpful x 1