New Player, Msts And Ts2022 Owner

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by CapStar362, Jan 22, 2022.

1. CapStar362

CapStar362 New Member

is there a way to just roam a line? checking out all the sidings and switching?

i remember the original MSTS you could interact with every siding and switching, DTG's MSTS removed all that, I Now have TSW2 and don't see the ability to free roam Sand Patch.

2. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

There's a scenario in SPG that lets you freeroam the yard and play around with whatever you want to.

3. CapStar362

CapStar362 New Member

but no way to run the entire sand pass rail line? explore the subs and switches?

4. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

I have walked all the trainset available in TSW2, I use the explore on foot option in the game instead of a timetable or Journey

5. CapStar362

CapStar362 New Member

well that is definitely a let down, but is what it is.

6. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

You can use scenario planner to run the line but it has limited functionality and you can't freely roam the sidings and yards unless on foot.
    There are limited numbers of tracks you can start from and finish at along the route and in the yards.

• Like Like x 1
  7. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

Scenario planner does sound like it would do most of what you want. How would you freely roam sidings anyway? Did MSTS let you change the points manually? (You can do that in TSW2 but only for the manual ones, which tend to not be the ones onto the mainline).

8. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Yeah, it did. In MSTS, you could change every switch manually.

9. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

In free roam, yes you could flip one switch ahead of you or behind you, alternatively you could throw together a quick scenario without traffic in the Activity editor, where you could set your custom route, reversing points, stops etc. freely. You know, stuff the current iteration of TSW2 Scenario planner lacks.

As others pointed out, your options are:
    - free roam on foot
    - on some routes, there are special scenarios that let you do some free switching around a yard.
    - you can use the Scenario planner, but it's limited to predefined A to B paths without any deviation from it and no other instructions than stop & pick up passengers.

10. CapStar362

CapStar362 New Member

yes, the Original MSTS allowed you to absolutely 'Free Roam' a line, in its entirety. every switching, every sub/siding. you had absolute free reign.

The original MSTS had the Alerter even, why DTG removed that in TS was a bit beyond me. you failed to acknowledge the Alerter and train went into E-brake automatically thinking the operator was incapacitated.

DTG's TS removed that, but still allowed you to create your own train sets and roam a line albeit just on the one track, no switching over to the other ones ( if parallel tracks were present, or alternate routes down the same line )

now, TSW2 i cant even create my own train and just run with it.