PlayStation Services Question

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Stu, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Stu

Stu New Member

Hello everyone

Been using TSW on PS4 for a few days now and some of the content is quite interesting. Obviously not quite as feature packed as the PC version but still. Looking forward to more maps and trains in the coming months though.
    Anyway, I was wondering, it may be me getting the wrong end of the stick here but in "Services", there's a list of routes that are all point A to point B type thing. Is there no way to mix it up a bit, you know, switch points, take a different route maybe, find a siding and couple up to some freight containers or whatever it may be? Just edit it generally? Modify things a tad, get creative?
    It's just all the routes seem to be very similar just at different times of day.
    I'm perhaps being naive here after coming from the PC version.

Update: Had another shot at the Class 66 DBS 4L14 Didcot Yard to Dagenham Dock (1st option on Class 66 Services)
    Set off, instruction in top left hand corner said "Stop at Acton Yard", 30 odd miles later I was stopping at Acton Yard, green lights all the way, didn't lift a finger apart from to slow down at the end. Arrived around 02:15. Message flashed up "You have completed the Service"... Continue. I hit continue. Next message says "Alight Here: Exit the vehicle." So I did, next message: "Objective Complete" and the train promptly drives (itself?) off to goodness knows where while I'm stood like a prawn in the middle of Acton Yard. So, my question here is a multi-part question. What now? What happened to the Dagenham Dock bit? Do I walk the 28 miles there from Acton? ;) Do I hang around and wait for another train to arrive that I can use? Or is that the end of the Service and I should quit to main menu?
    The 'game loading' blurb says "Play your way..host of activities...24 hour timetable.." Sounds great but how exactly?
    About to have another crack at the Class 66 DBS 4V15 Felixstowe North to Bristol Terminal, keen to see what happens at the end of that and which bit of nowhere I get asked to alight this time.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

The service mode is like a re-creation of real life driver services. So it's all going from a to b with varying stops. Sometimes you get signals in yellow and red, some services are green the full way.

Only the services from the depots are the ones where you might have to set some switches first. The mainline is auto dispatched.

Once a service is finished you can hop in the next from most stations as there are services going up and down the lines at certain times.

However for the second part of your questions and more specific the GWE fright services if you get to the end station at Acton its best to go back to the main menu. There's barely, if ever, a train standing to go in the other direction. Freight on the route is pretty limited.

The main menu list of services shows often the whole route the train would go in real life however currently theres only reading to Paddington included and drive able. So yes its normal that the AI goes on with the train out of bounds

3. Stu

Stu New Member

Thank you so much for the reply, much appreciated. I understand. Do you think in the future the Services or some upcoming feature might include some level of customisation so that we can to some point do our own thing as it were?

When you say hop in the next do you mean as a driver? It's just I did try and use a different train once a service was complete and did indeed jump into another waiting train but got a message saying I didn't have permission to drive that vehicle.

4. Eric261992

Eric261992 Member

In game routes wont change, timetablea in rea life change 2 times a year i think

5. haanuman

haanuman New Member

2 times a year?

6. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

For passenger runs there should always be a train up for grab as a driver or passenger or arrive shortly. If you get this message you might got into one train that finished its run over the line aswell and is due to depart out of bounds.

For GWE you can use that helpul site, http://tswtimetableonline.azurewebsites.net/ , enter the ingame time and it wil show the next trains you can take around that time.

7. Lord_Beelzebub

Lord_Beelzebub New Member

That’s a bummer to hear about services being point A to B. I think I understand what he was trying to get at. Why can’t we just free roam on the map in like a sandbox mode. If Services mode locks you in to picking specific A to B routes delivering specific commodities, then I don’t see how it’s really much different than Scenarios mode.

8. Stu

Stu New Member

Thanks for that, I'll check that out.
    I'll have another look and see what other passenger services turn up and try a few to see if it'll let me take over that service.

9. Stu

Stu New Member

To free roam would be so good. I feel like there are hundreds of miles of track and sidings that are completely unexplorable. I can see them but can't get to them!