Does The Caltrain Mp15dc Add Much Traffic To The Route?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Purno, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I've been considering buying the Caltrain MP15DC at the current 75% discount. I'm not really into shunting (although I can occassionally enjoy it), but it may bring a tad more life to the route. Does anyone have any idea how much AI traffic it adds to the route?

2. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Well if you want to drive the Special Caltrain Martin Luther King Jr Service and Drive along the Mainline with red and green lights upload_2022-1-22_9-31-23.png upload_2022-1-22_9-32-55.png In my opinion i would recommend the DLC

Attached Files:

3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

If I had to choose between the MP15 and Baby Bullet, I would definitely get the MP15. It comes with its own sub journey mode as the images above show. Compared to the usual GM’s in the game it has a bit of character and slightly different to drive.

4. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

It is a high quality switcher, well modelled and with good sounds recorded on-site, thanks to the good collaboration between Caltrain and DTG. Besides, the movements and manoeuvres it adds, especially in the CEMOF area, are quite interesting.

For this ridiculous price you won't regret buying it.

5. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

That's all nice, but still not an answer to my question. Will I notice more traffic while driving this route in any of the other trains?

6. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

The MP15 does quite a few runs up and down the mainline as well, which gives you more noticeable traffic. The sidings and yards across the route have also been filled somewhat with cars the MP15 interacts with. Whether this is enough additional traffic for you to be satisfied is up to your expectations of what more AI traffic means.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  7. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Not that much you’ll more notice it when driving the mp15

8. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Well it won't add that much more traffic on the mainline, but you'll definitely see more freight cars in some sidings and more gallery cars in the depot. I can really recommend it, even if you're not into shunting, I believe it has some mainline runs with the freight cars.

9. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Nice model for the money.

10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There are two of them in total on the route and they spend most of their time parked up so there aren’t that many times you will see them as extra traffic but there are a few services along the line. There are the two added mainline services with the extra long train for the specials too, so you will see those on some services. It makes the route fuller with wagons and it’s busier in the depot so that adds some life but only very slightly busier on the route as far as services go. But with a 75% discount it is worth getting just to have it there to look at.

11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

If you are looking to buy the MP15 because you want to drive a shunter, go for it. It's a great model with a good quantity of services and its own journey. If you really want it for background AI traffic, not so much.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  12. Teflon490

Teflon490 Active Member

+ do not forget the great mod for MP15 in CSX livery for SPG, not just as reskin, but with its own services.