West Coast Main Line: Liverpool Lime Street - Crewe

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by josha#6285, Dec 5, 2021.

?
  1. Yes!

26 vote(s)
    89.7%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. josha#6285

josha#6285 New Member

Today, I am suggesting a route focusing towards the North West of England so that we could hopefully see some more Northern routes within England.
    This stretch of the WCML runs roughly 47 miles between Liverpool and Crewe with operators such as Avanti West Coast with 11 car and 9 car class 390 'pendolino' stock and London Northwestern Railway with 4 car class 350 stock.
    The route currently has stops such as Liverpool South Parkway, Runcorn, Acton Bridge, Hartford, Winsford and Crewe. With London Northwestern calling at all stops and Avanti West Coast calling only at Runcorn and Crewe.
    This route could also hold potential for a branch Line to Chester. Transport for Wales operate a variety of stock between Liverpool Lime Street and Chester calling at Liverpool South Parkway, Runcorn, Frodsham, Helsby and Chester. Which would be a fantastic addition to the route.

I would compare this route to the likes of Boston Sprinter. As you have your mainline to Providence with high speed operations by Amtrak and stopping services by MBTA. Of course Amtrak would be comparable to Avanti West Coast and MBTA to London Northwestern and Transport for Wales in this case. You do also have the route to Stoughton on this route which would be like your Chester branch Line in this case.

Overall, this would be an incredible, exclusive route addition to Train Sim World 2. More Northern UK routes would be great to see on the game as well as more mainline operations that are of an acceptable length and a route that includes fascinating high speed and stopping services. Would surely appreciate this route for the future soon!

Some examples of the trains that would be used within this route.
    20211026_144510.jpg
    20210825_151436.jpg
    20210825_134531.jpg

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  2. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Either part of the WCML or ECML would be great in TSW. It is honestly surprising that almost 5 years after release, we still have no section of either the WCML or ECML. I think Dovetail needs to stop making small UK routes (like Cathcart) and put their resources on Longer Routes. This is why an Offical Editor would be a good edition. Either an Official Editor or a Third Party like Just Trains would attract alot of new users to TSW

• Like Like x 3
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I agree and even better why not make this as WCML Preston/Liverpool to Crewe for heavy Rush Hour Traffic.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. taylormade#6721

taylormade#6721 Well-Known Member

Update: it was announced as the first steam route that it would be Liverpool lime street to Crewe in 1958.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

Your wish has been granted, ish.

1958 steam Hype.
    Jubilee and 8F locos

• Like Like x 4
  7. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Very nice I’ll buy it

• Like Like x 1
  8. simon_fielding

simon_fielding Well-Known Member

Well, you got your wish, but it has steam.

• Like Like x 2
  9. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

There is a lot of things to do do at Liverpool Lime Street and that there is a lot of chain traffic let's hope we bring this route to change your mighty and then we can see the difference how it looks in mother day and in the day of of this teams route

10. mooredean1978

mooredean1978 Active Member

I agree with you 100% but with Just Trains on board I'd love to see the Metropolitan Line added to TSW2 as so many people have requested the Metropolitan Line

• Like Like x 1