More Canadian Routes!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JasperHuskyFox, Jan 23, 2022.

?
  1. Yes!

84.7%
  2. No..

6.8%
  3. Possibly in the future!

8.5%
  1. JasperHuskyFox

JasperHuskyFox Member

I have some ideas for more Canadian routes as we only have 1 so far:

VIA Rail / CP Rail Ottawa - Smiths Falls - Perth
    Stations would be:
    Ottawa Trembley, Ottawa Fallowfield, Smith's Falls
    Freight would run from switching in the Smiths Falls Yard, then heading past Perth Ontario, to another unknown point (idk how long it would go)
    Fleet: CP AC4400CW, CP ES44AC, CP GP30ECO (Or something, can't remember exact designation), VIA Rail F40PH-2D, VIA RAIL P42DC, VIA RAIL Budd Coach, Dot-Tankers, Grain cars, and TTX double stack

CN Kingston Sub
    Stations: Cornwall, Brockville, Kingston
    Freight and Passenger, VIA Rail and Canadian National
    Fleet: CN ES44, CN SD70ACE, VIA F40PH-2D, VIA P42DC, VIA LRC Coach, TTX Double Stacks, Autorack, and manifest freight

Ottawa Light Rail
    8Km~ light rail operated by OC Transpo using DB BR648 Alstom Coradia LINT DMU
    Stations: Everything between Bayview and Greenboro STN

Toronto Sprinter
    GO Transit line between Toronto and outskirt stations
    Fleet: GO Transit MP40's, BBLs, CN SD40-2

Just some ideas to toss in! Let me know what other Canadian content you'd like to see one day!

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. damarjatiaji

damarjatiaji Guest

For Canadian route i vote for Kicking Horse Pass. Heavy coal train, with mid & rear-end DPU would be great. Don't forget the spectacular view from your cab when descending the second spiral tunnel, you can see rear section of your train above you.

For the engine, anything from CP AC4400CW, ES44AC or SD70ACU would be nice.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Alaskan Jack

Alaskan Jack Active Member

Yes any of these engines would be nice I have a big post I did 3 years ago about a route if you dig back through these suggestions you find it I made the post look it up route probably too long for them but it would be sweet! It’s called Vancouver to Revelstoke

• Like Like x 2
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

How about Oakville, ON to Niagara Falls, NY via St Catherines bundle is made up of OSD and the Hamilton, ON Niagara Falls, NY Railway Line

• Like Like x 1
  5. dcnine#5410

dcnine#5410 Well-Known Member

I mean, you might as well just cut out Niagara Falls NY and only serve Niagara Falls ON, as the trains have to stop for like an hour for customs before crossing the border, something you aren’t going to want to simulate. Anyway, there wouldn’t be much any service on the line, just the Maple Leaf and a very low number of GO trains. It would be much wiser to look east of Oakville and make the remainder of the Lakeshore West line, as well as the Lakeshore East.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. driverwoods#1787

Thanks for telling me about that What I had in mind was GO Trains Amtrak Maple Leaf and Freight US-Bound at Niagara Falls, NY & ON Niagara subdivision CSX with SPG Oakville CN as layers. The way to do the Niagara Falls Custom Stop is to copy RSN Hagen to Kreuztal services via Werdohl where part 2 resumes after a long wait. Part 1 is Toronto Oakville Hamilton Niagra Falls NY/ON. Part 2 is Niagara Falls, NY to Buffalo, NY.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. erickiraly62

erickiraly62 New Member

Kettle Valley railway from Castlegar to hope or even Penticton BC

• Like Like x 1
  8. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

I would like to see more possibly from the steam era

• Like Like x 1
  9. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

Oh absolutely! All of the previously mentioned routes would be good. Also, I know these wouldn't be set in Canada, but I'd really like to see some CP and CN routes in the US be made. For example, the CN Flint Sub from Battle Creek, MI, to Port Huron, MI, with Ai only trains running into and out of the tunnel to Canada. Also as a bonus you'd have CN Holly Sub trains joining the the Flint Sub at Durand, MI; and Mount Clemens sub trains at Port Huron.

• Like Like x 1
  10. steamfan#1309

I think CN works with CSX to serve a steal mill in Georgetown, SC.

• Like Like x 1
  11. driverwoods#1787

Good idea and also you can probably make an international route CN Flint Sub Battle Creek, MI to Sarnia, ON via Port Huron, MI Tellier Tunnel. Remember a Wagonload of Canadian Bushel is larger than a wagon load of US Bushel which is what Sand Patch Grade CSX trains run. Those run to the Kelloggs Battle creek plant.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I am glad I'm not the only person who suggested Sarnia around here. :D Also posted in my SD75 thread. (Both on the TS side.) In fact, I suggested backdating to the London, Ontario Kellogg's plant, closed in 2014 and now (as may not surprise you) a pub.
    Oh, come on. Make it a 1990s route while the Point Edward sub is active. That's ripe with scenario fun. Graveyard today...

Last edited: Mar 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Cyclone

• Like Like x 1
  14. driverwoods#1787

If that were to happen CN Flint Port Huron Sarnia route ends up changing Oakville Subdivision due to SD75 running a Oakville, ON Sarnia,ON Port Huron, MI Flint, MI freight

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cyclone

The route would not be that long. In fact, I'd warrant the longest it might get is Flint to London, and that is already over 100 miles. It's more likely to get half of that. I wouldn't object to having one version with each tunnel; today's U.S. side with the newer tunnel, and the backdated Canadian side with the Point Edward sub and the older tunnel. Any route merge can use the present-day version and connect it to the other track for long journeys, but also use the Point Edward sub for a special occasion (the yard would be empty en route). If backdated in Canada, I know of a track that was in place at the time and is now a trail, so a brief part of that track would suffice since it was more of a passenger thing, if I remember rightly.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  16. jamesonmin

jamesonmin Well-Known Member

The licenses for VIA and CP were leaked a while ago so something could and probably will happen

• Like Like x 1
  17. Cyclone

CP? As in Canadian Pacific? They've had that license for a while; see Canadian Mountain Passes on TS, developed by Milepost, for evidence of that. DTG doesn't like keeping products up if a license is lost, and a few things have gone over the years (with some returning in revised form later).

VIA being confirmed though, that is new. I'm interested, in the case of Toronto, if GO Transit or TTC would be an option, but I'm 95% sure the TTC would not happen as that is a subway network exclusively. Even GO Transit is unlikely, but it is a great passenger network and could probably form at least two full DLC, by my analysis, given it goes all the way to Kitchener in one case and all the way to Niagara Falls in another (though I can't see that one being completed). The other question is whether they'd build through the Hamilton and Oakville area a second time and include it in a larger route.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I disagree, it's lovely area scenery wise mind you, but it's a pretty limited section of track all things considered. There isn't any significant yards or industry along the line, so unless you're into through traffic (granted, I am, but not everyone is) you'll get bored of it quickly. Personally I'd rather see the section from Revelstoke to Golden represented instead, as the yards at both would provide switching activities as well. Also Revelstoke and Golden feel like more logical end points (and Revelstoke is used as a crew change point somewhat regularly I believe) compared to Field & Lake Louise anyways.

With that trip to Mexico in planning for the 2816 I think it would be a brilliant move to try and make a DLC to capitalize on that. Because if that actually happens it will almost certainly be the rail event of the year, much like the was Big Boy in 2019.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cyclone

One thing is for sure: they might have some source material. The problem is that Milepost did it, not DTG. So unless Milepost develops for TSW2...

• Like Like x 1
  20. driverwoods#1787

I could probably see that as Maple Leaf North Niagara Falls, ON to Toronto requires Oakville to be reworked to have linked routes.
    Regarding kicking Horse Pass the train simulator 2022 route remade for train simulator world 2 Canadian Pacific only PC 9th generation consoles get the mid train dpu and end up since eighth generation consoles will start to struggle.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Milepost doesn't have copyright over real life terrain, I don't see any reason in the slightest as to why DTG couldn't do their own version. The route is modern, and wouldn't be any harder to grab info on than most American routes, hell, compared to 80's era Clinchfield it would be pretty easy to get info on.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Cyclone

What? They don't own the Golden yard? Blasphemy! :o

All kidding aside, I know they don't prevent DTG from using it. I am merely saying that DTG has not done a single Canadian route outside of the Oakville sub. Toronto might be a good first chance to do that. However, Milepost seems to be focusing back on non-Canadian stuff, and not in TSW2, sticking with TS. If something Canadian shows up, I'm more inclined to think it will be in the Toronto area at this point, not a mountain pass. This is based on their having gone there before (Oakville).

• Like Like x 2
  23. moose#7986

moose#7986 New Member

I'd like to see Vancouver to Calgary, Vancouver to Seattle, Toronto to Montreal, Vancouver to Prince George and Seattle to Wenatchee

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  24. driverwoods#1787

International Montreal, PQ to Plattsburgh, NY the Adirondack. Rouses Point stop plays like the 423 ECS Duren to Aachen if Journey Expansion was purchased DRA 363 Chemical Plant to Riesa 10:00 20 minutes wait then go. In the case of that one, it's a customs stop. Layers OSD CN Freight

• Like Like x 1
  25. moose#7986

moose#7986 New Member

The Rocky Mountianeer from Vancouver to Jasper via Whistler or Banff via the Spiral Tunnel would be a nice addition. Would have a lot of opportunity for Freight and Passenger. There needs to be more route based in the Pacific Northwest and Canada.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Cyclone

I do agree with all the Vancouver options as areas in that part of Canada are very scenic. Heck, get by Whistler and have the ski resorts replicated somehow. I still want Ontario, though. Most populated province, and Toronto the most populated city. Good freight network, good passenger network, and a subway.

• Like Like x 1
  27. moose#7986

moose#7986 New Member

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see an expansion of the Oakville Sub to include all of the GTA and possibly go up to Montreal. Doing full GO, VIA as well as the freight routes would be amazing. Still though BC, Alberta and Washington State need to come to especially since TS2022 has both Revelstoke to Lake Louise (I think it should go to Banff or even Calgary instead) and Valemont to Jasper. Overall more Canadian routes would be appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Dash

Dash New Member

I would love also to see the TTC Line 2 with perhaps the Bombardier T1 and the Hawker Siddeley/Can-Car Rail H6

• Like Like x 1
  29. steamfan#1309

With steam now possible, why not a royal Hudson.

• Like Like x 1
  30. a.n_railfan

a.n_railfan New Member

I think CN west of Edmonton would be a good addition as it has a lot of varieties of traffic that CN moves to and from the coast and "The Canadian" runs along it as well so you'd have both freight and passenger content on there but it would choosing where you'd want to set it from is the question e.g.: jasper - Hinton or Edson on the Edson Sub to the east or Jasper - Blue River on the Albreda Sub to the west

• Like Like x 1
  31. driverwoods#1787

Excellent idea sadly Hinton was where a freight train collided with a VIA Rail train in 1986 video about it is from the Mayday Air Crash investigation channel

• Like Like x 1
  32. Cyclone

On top of that, there are very few Canadian routes, and a couple that could be looked at based on TSC releases. Additionally, there are better tracks for passenger services in Canada (basically, the TTC - but that is a subway, despite overground bits including over THE major highway, and not likely to arrive as a result - but many tracks near Toronto were covered by Maple Leaf Tracks in another game and could be interesting to see if there is traffic).

• Like Like x 1