PC For Dtg

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mikel, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Mikel

Mikel Member

It is not worth the money that you have established, not even the 20% discount that you have put. You have a great engine and you keep creating short routes. You are a garbage that you do not know how to take advantage of the Unreal Engine 4.

• Like Like x 3
  2. NekoNina

NekoNina Well-Known Member

The longer a route is the more money it costs to make. DTG isn't stupid for doing that. And the price isn't that bad because creating things for TWS is much more complex than for TS1. Also, you get many features.

• Like Like x 11
  3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

The route lengths are so, because of how long it takes to create it. It would take a very long time to make longer routes.

• Like Like x 9
  4. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

Many features? You get two trains and one map, nothing else.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Kizna DeAllura

Kizna DeAllura New Member

Do you have the slightest idea how much work it is to just make a single train engine?

• Like Like x 11
  6. keksman

Whos talking about the time it takes to make a train?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wilbnil

Wilbnil Well-Known Member

Time=Money

• Like Like x 5
  8. Kizna DeAllura

You basically did.

• Like Like x 6
  9. NekoNina

Yeah I think you get many features because I don't just count how many things you get. I count in the achievements, functions of the locos, collectables, scenarios, and so on.
    You just look at it too simple, yes it is just two locos and one map but they are all detailed (probably and hopefully). Also I like to think how much time I'll spend with that DLC. Is it's worth to pay 22€ for 10 hours or more of fun? I certainly think so.

• Like Like x 5
  10. keksman

Well if you see it this way.
    I personally think its unreasonable to charge the same price used on the base game at release for a dlc with 2 trains and one map but thats a different topic for its own i guess

• Like Like x 2
  11. Kizna DeAllura

It is indeed unreasonable to charge such a low price. Yes.

Also, the base game is actually more expensive.

After a while, you of course get a pack where you overall pay less per route. But that's to be expected it's older routes and it needs a price that people are willing to pay.

Though, overall, the prices for TSW have been way to low so far. If it wasn't for the console release I doub we would see much DLC from third parties anywhere near such a low price.

12. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I think pricing for the Ruhr-Sieg line is OK. You get two engines, passenger coaches, freight coaches and hopefulle a fair number of scenarios/services. This is more than we usually get with a TS2018 route. I also think 60km is a good length for a route, scenarios/services of 1 hour play time are OK for me.

Looking forward to this new route.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Mikel

Mikel Member

Once you have traveled the route from end to end, it is no longer valid because you can not create scenarios either. And a route does not take you 10 hours of play, so, € 29.99 seems excessive, even, € 22.00 now. And if they have not made it longer, it is because of the desire to be able to sell quickly, since, the Ruhr Sieg Line of TS is longer, if it is possible to stand out. And to top it all the routes are extracted from the TS, it is enough to export the objects and that's it, so a lot of work does not. And they are in such a hurry to sell and make money, that you only have to see the amount of errors that the previous DLCs brought.

• Like Like x 1
  14. NekoNina

You only drive a route once and then you're finished with it? That seems pretty stupid to me

• Like Like x 4
  15. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I think people forget that this isn't intended to be a console style game, but a simulation of driving trains in real life so they've tried to give as much realism and accuracy and detail as possible. Yes you get one 30 mile section of track, 2 engines and a bunch of other assets, and each of those can take hours or days to get right so paying £25 or £45 might seem a lot to people who are used to content being disposable but remember that Train Simulator has been around for a decade.
    The base of TSW is likely to be around for a number of years and you CAN expand, admittedly at a cost, and inevitably add more trains, assets and routes to the base game. So it's not like a lot of other console games where the core engine gets rewritten almost every edition...

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mikel

Mikel Member

I do not play in console, my TSW is from PC. Once you travel 40 or 60 kilometers of the line, you can not do more, so, it's not stupid.

17. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Well if you don’t want to pay the discounted price there is a simple soloution then. Don’t buy it problem solved. Complaining on here is not going to get you anywhere

• Like Like x 4
  18. Chrizzly14

Chrizzly14 Member

Then you should play another game.This game is made for driving a route longer than end to end.For Example when you look at the services.I have so much kilometers on hh and gwe and I haven't any dlc more.I have 77 game hours I think.And that for 2 maps.So I think you should use another game.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Anna_AWVR

Anna_AWVR Active Member

I'll just put in perspective that it took Run8 Studios 3-4 years to get the San Bernardino Sub (L.A.) Add-On out simply because it was so massive. It was well over 200 miles if you count every piece of track. Not to mention it had over 100 industries, plus signaling, AI pathfinding, dispatcher control, and a massive number of custom scenery assets. And that was with 10-12 people on the project.

So yes, it does take a very long time to make large high quality routes or rail vehicles for train simulators like this.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Say 5 scenarios, each 1 hour and for the Ruhr Sieg route I would expect say 30 services, gives 35 hours playing time for now. That is less that 1 Euro for each hour. It's cheaper than renting a movie or reading a medium priced book. Not a bad deal.

Please, you don't have to buy it if you think it's not worth the money. Of course we like it cheap or even free, but that will not happen.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  21. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Don’t forget about the services. You can go endlessly from service to service.

22. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Since most locomotive engineers run the same route day in and day out - I would say the simulator has captured that aspect. Try learning the route the way engineers must in real life - turn off the HUD and run via signals only, memorizing the speeds via landmarks. Change the seasons, run at night.
    This is a simulator and the services do a great job of providing the aspect of an engineer running the same section multiple times with various types of consists.

• Like Like x 5
  23. Kestrel33

Kestrel33 Active Member

I have no issues with the price, especially since all routes have been offered at a discount at some point. The bigger issue has been the DLC have all been released broken, and routes like RT may never be fixed. If routes are released working, the prices are more than fair...in my opinion.

• Like Like x 10