Route Suggestion: Amtrak Pacific Surfliner, San Luis Obispo To Los Angeles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SantaFeOdyssey1, Apr 27, 2018.

1. SantaFeOdyssey1

SantaFeOdyssey1 New Member

I am suggesting a route that has great scenery and beautiful ocean views, San Louis Obispo to LA. In this route you would begin at San Louis Obispo, then stop at Santa Barbara, then Ventura, Simi Valley, Burbank, and finally, Los Angeles. I think that with the new commodities of Train Simulator 2018, a route such as this would be a great addition to the current Amtrak Pacific Surfliner route.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Dakota

Dakota Member

I'll second that one. I am brand new to TS18, and having grown up in LA I decided to start out on QuickDrive with the Surfliner from LA to SD. It's actually surprisingly beautiful. SLO to LA would (could) be a total winner. I guess everyone has their favorite areas, like the UK, Switzerland, Germany, Japan, France, The Northeast... me? It would be Salt Lake to Emeryviille (Bay area). Central Nevada and the Sierras... Yaha.

PS: We should move this to Content Suggestions

3. gregkcox

gregkcox New Member

Trains 777 and 790 could finish the full route if it could be an add on. Like the Gilroy extention to San Jose.

4. TommyPicklesfan1992

TommyPicklesfan1992 Member

As of 2018, 763/796 and 777/774 are the Only Surfliners Travel between San Diego and San Luis Obispo.

5. gregkcox

gregkcox New Member

Should this ever take effect as an add on to the existing Pacific Surfliner route it would need way more senario packs with AI traffic, tired of bare yards and boring train runs.