Summer Release

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Coastway trainspotter, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Last night we saw the first screenshots of the first TSW steam route , Liverpool - Crewe . It will not be the next major release , meaning it won’t be the summer release , which got me thinking , what will the summer release be ? Comment your thoughts below !

• Like Like x 2
  2. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Next release is Harlem line/horseshoe curve.
    I would say steam will be possibly June/July

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Coastway trainspotter

That’s not what this thread is about

• Like Like x 3
  4. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

Potentially the release of a new country (e.g Austria) or a new part of an existing country (e.g Modern day Northern England or Wales, in general) but i doubt it’ll be more than that. Maybe a new upgrade to an existing feature but nothing huge I think.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

PLEASE let it be a modern English Norther/Midlands route. How do we not have any trains that go to Birmingham?

• Like Like x 4
  6. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it's going to be like Rush Hour again, a three Route DLC. I don't think it will just steam routes, too much work for 30/40€ and Steam only is probably not for everyone though. I also don't think it will be a new base Game, because otherwise the extension pack loses a bit of its meaning

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Coastway trainspotter

Maybe a ‘subway edition’ of the game , with nyc subway , merseyrail , and Berlin u-Bahn . That would be cool

8. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I don't know if it'd consider MerseyRail a subway. I'd put it more in the Urban Network category, like Cathcart.

9. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

I think three Subway Routes are unlikely. Subway Routes aren't for everyone. I guess it's more like the Base Game, a Subway, a heavy Frieght and a commuter route. One could also be Steam

10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It might be a bit early to be thinking about the big summer release. October is a long time off yet :D

• Like Like x 9
  11. frabjousvector

Merseyrail would be fun.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Given Matt already said the next British route is the steam route, any comments above on UK routes would seem to be moot

• Like Like x 1
  13. frabjousvector

we’ve had back to back British Routes before, right?

14. ARuscoe

The question what what is the next major release, emphasis on "next"

• Like Like x 1
  15. sivn#4246

sivn#4246 Member

Severn Valley Railway would be a pleasure

• Like Like x 1
  16. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Who’s said there will be a big summer release? AFAIK, no-ones confirmed that there will be one this year.
    After the dogs dinner of last year’s Rush Hour and so much resource going into Spirit of Steam, I wouldn’t be surprised if there wasn’t one this year.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Coastway trainspotter

There should be one tbh , it’s the tradition for dtg

18. ARuscoe

Nobody's said it specifically but both TSW and TSC have always had updates over the summer that have included "larger than normal" releases

19. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Has anyone thought of the summer release being the TSW2 expansion pack? It seems like it would most likely release in the summer, unless DTG have stated otherwise.

20. Coastway trainspotter

It doesn’t seem like a lot for a summer release , the expansion pack also seems ready enough to release in the next few weeks

• Like Like x 1
  21. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Well if that is the case, then either the summer release is something hiding behind the curtains of DTG the community are not aware of, or there is no summer release at all this year.

22. Coastway trainspotter

Why would we know what the summer release is already ? It’s January , 6 months until summer

• Like Like x 1
  23. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

Yeah it was a while before they announced any summer release. Steam was being mentioned long before Rush Hour was confirmed

• Like Like x 1
  24. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

A good idea would be the extension of some of the base routes, (London Euston - Watford Jcn) on Bakerloo for example to be a first route add-on. as everyone has the base game extending the three original routes with new stock and timetables

this could then set a foundation to extend further routes.

just an idea, and bringing something extra to the game

• Like Like x 1
  25. Coastway trainspotter

I wouldn’t have thought of something like that , but now you’ve said that it seems like a good idea

26. ARuscoe

Steam as a concept was mentioned the day TSW was mentioned, but the Steam release was announced in the same stream as the Rush Hour release, at the railfan event in about March last year.
    They have said a few times that they're "firming up the roster" for 2022 and they should be on the roadmap over the coming weeks

27. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

The big summer update wil be all of Adams teams fixes finally being released.

Tada

And maybe some extentions/connections, perhaps the LIRR timetable Matt has been working on in his little bit of spare time.

Time will tell and we will find out late spring.

28. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Going from the previous years. Three routes , perhaps this time staggered part of a season pass £34.99 price tag.

29. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Adding in ÖBB will change some German routes like Main Spessart Bahn is that you are actually able to drive ÖBB1116/1016 which will use Existing DB BR182 base model as freight Hagen Vorhalle Aschaffenburg Gemünden to Wien Kledering a hump yard. Also includes the Ability to run 01:51 or 02:01 Aschaffenburg to Würzburg trips by running them to Lohr where you see them use the connector. Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg Railjet and Nightjet services. Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen freight and Nightjet.

• Like Like x 1
  30. trainsimplayer

Oh, please. The last thing we need is DTG throwing out three sub-par DLCs to continue a "tradition" - that isn't really a tradition, but anyway.

• Like Like x 3
  31. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

To be fair to DTG, the previous summer release of TSW2 went ok. Rush Hour could have gone better but they are still trying to cater for last gen consoles, so credit where it’s due. Most would abandon them in favour of the newer machines

32. trainsimplayer

I'm not saying rush hour is bad - I think it went really well, considering how ambitious it is - and now I'm on a next gen console, it runs excellently for me. However, Steam is quite far off, and they'd be rushing to make any summer release after that, I think.

33. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

I predict EMCL south, due to the FL, TL, GN and LNER logos being in the in game files. TS release of the 700 helps things out a lot

34. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

If the summer release follows ones like the last one then it will be a certain theme across the “big 3” places

perhaps it could be Route connecting (seems unlikely but not impossible) each country could get a route near to one’s already released and if the person owns both then they could connect

35. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I reckon it will be three steam routes, UK, US and DE. I see the schedule as being Harlem in April, Liverpool in June and the next two to follow in quick succession (July-August, if not delayed), with some sort of season ticket deal like Rush Hour. DTG like their 3-route late-summer bundles.

36. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I think that's a reasonable assessment. Since the UK route is already known, It does beg the question as to when we can expect an announcement identifying the US and German routes.

I do think, however, that we may be looking at Sept/Oct for those releases.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
  37. Coastway trainspotter

I heard a rumour that steam isn’t coming until November / December . If this is true , then surely there will be a different summer release

38. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Steam was supposed to come before Harlem, so unless Liverpool does a Horseshoe Curve and returns to production multiple time in succession, I don’t see it releasing that late in the year.

• Like Like x 1
  39. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

DTG having definitely ruled out any other UK content coming before the SoS release, a December SoS release would mean that this year's summer release would start without UK content, 14 months after BML for the next UK release, a 2 year wait for new modern British content not steam-related. I rather believe that the rumors come from the world of fairy tales and legends rather than having a real background.

40. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Not something that's currently gonna be possible on the console versions due to them already being super tight on memory.

• Like Like x 1
  41. frabjousvector

I don’t know what to believe at this point!

42. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Tbh it is a major release, well the second major release because train sim world 2 is about to reach the next level of introuducing steam

43. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Alright, I have a few fun ideas for fancy bundles. Keep in mind that I don’t know many foreign routes, so I can really only picture potential American routes.

I was originally going to say something like a “Blast to the Past” kind of pack, with three routes all set in the past using older trains. I then remembered that DTG are developing steam trains, and it would be silly to make a bunch of old diesel routes so close to the debut of freaking steam trains. But if it were to exist, I’d say that Soldier Summit would be nice, or maybe something fancy and new such as a Chicago & Northwestern route.

Alright, how about a freight bundle? A bundle that focuses on the more exciting freight action that can be seen in the UK and Germany, along with your typical US route. Maybe it could be a branch line to switch it up for the US. Norfolk Southern N Line, let’s do it.

Or what about an anti-Rush Hour? A fun little bundle of passenger routes that couldn’t be considered as busy. Throw some US Commuter route on there, I like the Trinity Railway Express. The UK? I don’t know what they have outside of ScotRail and the south. Germany, Kiel-Lubeck perhaps? I don’t know.

• Like Like x 1
  44. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

What I'm thinking for German Steam route after WCML Liverpool Crewe is a German Democratic Republic DDR Deutsche Reichsbahn Berlin Dresden Railway with DR rekoloks Rekowagen 65.10s 18 201 1980s with DLC DR 58.30 diesel DR BR132 DR V100 DR V60 electric 250 & 243. If someone owns a German Democratic Republic steam route your German routes will look like this there will be Deutsche reichsbahn locomotives appearing on Nahverkehr Dresden at Röderau Riesa Gbf and Dresden Hbf. West German Deutsche Bundesbahn SKA RRO RSN HMA HRR and Main Spessart Bahn Aschaffenburg-Gemünden.

45. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

The next steam route if we get one though will probably not be for a while after Liverpool to Crewe because we will have to see if theres intrest in more steam era routes

46. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure. I think rather they are going to launch the summer bundle under the group heading Spirit of Steam and there will be one each British, German and American steam routes in quick succession.

47. ARuscoe

I hope not, that's months worth of DLC and videos I will have no reason to buy or watch...