Bossman 8f - Reverser Help!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldVern, Jan 24, 2022.

1. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Just purchased this to get a taste of what's to come in TSW2.

I'm struggling to set the reverser which simply springs back to the zero position on pressing W (or S). Manual doesn't help. I notice there's a reverser lock key command "E" but that doesn't seem to do anything either.

Some advice would be appreciated.

2. heardturkey

heardturkey Active Member

There's 2 ways to get the loco going.
    1) Press and HOLD the E key then use W to set reverser. Release E to lock the reverser at that %.
    The HUD doesn't give a percentage so you need to look at the gauge on the reverser to see what % you've set.
    I always set the loco from the cab so you can see it unlocking and winding to the % I want.
    2) Press the lamp icon on the HUD 5 times. After each press an indication comes up telling you what assists are being used.

Once you've set the reverser, release the brakes either on the HUD or from the cab and then press J for the small injector.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. OldVern

Noted for future reference but for now I've refunded it as just a little over complex for my little brain. Kudos to Bossman for making it a bit more challenging though.

4. UP13

UP13 Well-Known Member

For future reference all BMG locomotives (apart from the S15 and possibly Nunney Castle) require you to press E while operating the reverser (also be careful that it locks into a notch when you let go as it can slip or down a notch if not depressed in a notch).

With BMG, and pretty much all Pro models, it is worth looking on YouTube as well as reading the manual in order to know what to do.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. OldVern

Had a look at some clips and yes it is a bit clearer. Actually wish I had persisted now especially as I got my first yellow card from Steam over the refund! Will rebuy as soon as it goes on sale particularly after watching the videos it is a thing of beauty.

6. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

What's a yellow card for?

7. OldVern

Excessive use of the refund feature. It doesn't actually say "Yellow Card" and it's worded very politely, but the message is clear - we don't want the facility used as a "buy on approval" system. The ultimate irony, is that when I have refunded usually sub par TSW2 content, the money has always gone back in my Steam Wallet and re-spent... on alternative TSW2 or DTG TS DLC so ergo, they still get the money.