Train Sim World 2 - Festival Of Rail Announced!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Jan 14, 2022.

1. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I think so, even has same logo on back

in the pc discussions on the forum their is a forum “Liverpool-crewe 1958 Is the First Steam Route” containing images from the stream

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

The logo on the back is the British Railways Late Crest, would have been found on the vast majority of locomotives at the time, not really a distinguishing feature.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. mwhuffnagle

mwhuffnagle New Member

Why do the trees on Matt's run look so much better than the trees on Dad Rail's run?

4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Also, Mk 1 coaches, although they didn't have screenshots of those. (Should be an easy rework of the ones on WSR- but need BGs)

• Like Like x 2
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Probably using different graphics settings for the game.

6. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

Add that to the 1000 and one things preserved crew has to release! But I'm happy if Clinchfield will get some TLC. Now, a loco DLC for Clinchfield wouldn't go amiss either...

• Like Like x 1
  7. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

And need to reflect the appearance in that time period, as I just posted in the main thread in PC discussion. In particular the correct seat moquette which was most emphatically not blue. Actually a kind of striped herringbone white red/mauve moquette in second class if my reference books serve me right. As a minimum in addition to TSO we also need SK, CK, BSK maybe a FK and of course some catering vehicles.

• Like Like x 2
  8. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

It's not right though is it; that they churn out tons of US and German content while we wait for steam, no matter how good it turns out to be? They are a UK company for goodness sake. Fingers crossed some UK loco DLC gets added to the roadmap on Tuesday.

9. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Steam route set in 1958? This calls for new road vehicle assets too. Somehow I always imagined the steam route would be in a current-day setting like WSR, but a historic setting has me more interested than I was initially.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

It's been delayed until after Harlem Line, it's only slipped one place meaning there will be three routes in between British routes rather than the usual two. I don't consider that churning out other content just to make us wait, just be patient we've waited years for steam so we can all be a bit more patient and I know not everyone wants steam but for those who don't it wont be long before the next modern route which already make up the majority of British routes.

Edit: Just because DTG is British company doesn't mean they cant make non-British routes, maybe try an non-British route they can be fun too :)

• Like Like x 7
  11. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Doesn't bother me, plenty of US and German gamers as well as gamers from other countries, If they decided to do one country only it would be the death knell for the company as others would take over. I'm just gonna have to wait.

• Like Like x 6
  12. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I'm certainly not saying they shouldn't make content for other countries, just that a damn sight more of their content should be British. It often seems they often prioritise other countries over the UK. There is clear evidence that the UK is behind US and German content at DTG in terms of their priorities:
    • No (explicit) UK content on the roadmap for 4 consecutive roadmaps. Has never happened to the US or Germany even once since the start of the roadmap in August 2020.
    • London Commuter released as the last of the three rush hour routes
    • Bakerloo line got its preview last for the TSW2 launch and was easily the worst out of the three core TSW2 routes.
    • Which country's content out of the main three could they not show in the Expansion Pack preview on Friday because it 'wasn't ready'? You guessed it: Britain.
    UK content, it seems, is back of the queue every time. If it wasn't for talented and passionate devs like Joe Burgess who created the wonderful London-Brighton timetable I wouldn't be surprised to see the UK shafted even more by DTG.

I would challenge you to name a single US or German video games developer that regularly produces content outside of either the US or Europe respectively, let alone produces more of it. I'm still waiting for a GTA game set outside the US.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

It looks really nice I’m really happy to see steam coming on TSW and I can’t wait to watch futur previews and screenshots 8F57B8A2-42D1-4955-964C-30B2E8C5C998.jpeg 40216F31-2DD8-4136-8188-7EA876F3CBA2.jpeg 818F03CD-E954-4554-B6FC-A8EABDE85B43.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  14. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

266B4959-641A-4A6A-91B1-E1FF467DC54A.jpeg F1795EDD-59AD-4AEA-9367-664C42815F77.jpeg 4932C3FB-ADC6-48C3-9478-EC7A97A58A4F.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  15. marcsharp2

Grand Theft Auto London. The second GTA game made. London Commuter was delayed for several reasons, One of which was the sheer amount of AI and driveable services. I can't recall why Bakerloo was previewed last but I think it was down to issues with the signalling, Also the UK is getting a major express route as the first Steam DLC. It's a long wait but it'll be worth it.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Mate, you really need a reality check lol :D Your points are so far-fetched, it's almost funny again

• Like Like x 15
  17. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Can we finally stop the arguments about nationalities? It’s getting quite ridiculous.

• Like Like x 12
  18. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

We now know it will be a while for a UK route but I wonder if we might see some Loco DLC? it would certainly flush out some routes no?

• Like Like x 2
  19. BlaringHorn

Rockstar North, the developer of the GTA games is actually from Edinburgh, and Scotland is still in the UK last I checked. ;) Although I do agree that they should make a GTA set in another country for a change!

• Like Like x 1
  20. marcsharp2

Indeed, The Forth Bridge appears in a GTA game, I think it's San Andreas.

• Like Like x 1
  21. damarjatiaji

damarjatiaji Guest

Aahhhh another "DTG should've make more British Route" complain again.

To be honest, i'm already sick reading those arguments. Just be patient, mate.

What about another country that doesn't have any content in TSW2?

• Like Like x 6
  22. Melbourne_Dan

Melbourne_Dan New Member

Having a laugh surely... In the last 12 months there's been 4 British routes (SEHS, Cathcart, London Commuter, West Cornwall) released, plus the Great Western 1970's the 313 and 38 tube stock. Not to mention the steam route upcoming and surely another UK route in the summer release most likely.....

• Like Like x 5
  23. BlaringHorn

I'm surprised they still haven't added a Pacer, would fit well in Tees Valley.

• Like Like x 4
  24. rpb1966

rpb1966 Well-Known Member

I hope when this route is released, Matt sets up everything slowly so we can all see what's going on. I don't think he realises that he goes too fast when setting up the cab, controls etc. But all in all this looks like a gem, just a shame my dad is not about anymore to see this, my Grandad used to drive a steam train GNR 4744/1744 in the early to mid 1900s. And Ive just looked and its still going today. My Grandads legacy lives on....Brilliant!!!!.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  25. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

I never watched the stream. Did they say the route?

26. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Perhaps you should check this out.

27. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

A GTA game set outside the US? There has been! It was called Grand Theft Auto: London

• Like Like x 1
  28. BlaringHorn

Yes, it'll be interesting to see what they come up with to achieve that period atmosphere. And the NPC characters will need a change of wardrobe as well.

• Like Like x 2
  29. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes they will. And maybe the artists could seize the opportunity to dress them in weather appropriate attire. I just ran a January service out of Boston and many of those software engineers waiting at Route128 were dressed for spring/summer with snow on the ground. :D

• Like Like x 3
  30. BlaringHorn

Wasn't season-appropriate clothing supposed to come with the Rush Hour update as well? At least people didn't just wear t-shirts in the fifties, so the contrast shouldn't be so jarring as it is with the modern routes.

31. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Yesterday I did a winter service on GWE, and everyone was wearing appropriate clothing for once. Not sure why it doesn't apply to all routes.

32. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

as an IT type… the dress was prototypical for software engineers…. :)

• Like Like x 1
  33. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

The "Thameslink" Class 700 EMU springs to mind as it could be utilised on both London Commuter and SEHS. I'd also favour some classic SR EMU's that have been produced on TS for Brighton Mainline and Chatham Mainline. The routes might(!) be set in a different time period, but I personally feel their use on these routes is less of a compromise than 'Legends of the Great Western'?

• Like Like x 5
  34. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

SEHS is 707 & only runs around Gravesend so only AI then

35. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

The pace of delivery from TrainSim-Matt has been noted by his colleagues/co-presenters on streams? I believe DTG Natster and DTG Protagonist have instructed him to take things slowly so the information being imparted can be absorbed

36. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  37. marcsharp2

700s run between Rainham and St Albans City so it's feasible to have them to and from Gravesend.

• Like Like x 2
  38. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

Actually the Thameslink cl700's operate a 2tph service between Rainham and Luton that runs via Gravesend so they could layer onto Sehs.

• Like Like x 3
  39. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Southeastern runs 707s but I haven't seen any running from Gravesend itself, I think they're running from Dartford. They have spent some time at Gillingham depot though...

As others have said the short form 700s run the Thameslink services from Rainham to Luton so these would be viable from Gravesend to Rainham, and they also stable at Gillingham depot overnight and weekends

40. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

They did in the USA!

41. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Not really. That's more Hollywood retro-Fifties than how things really were.