Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap Update 25/01/2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Jan 25, 2022.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 13
  2. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Hopefully Rivet don't Screw this one up!

• Like Like x 17
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Disappointed for HSC to be delayed, again, just to be "Standard" as possible. But, it's better than nothing, I guess. At least I'm excited for SOS, hope to see more of that soon.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. clemenstrain Nr. 9036

clemenstrain Nr. 9036 Member

Hopefully it's Bernina or Albulaline.

• Like Like x 1
  5. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Well... here we go again. Rivet is working on another Swiss route for TSW2.

Whatever it is, I hope it goes better than the last time we went to Switzerland, but knowing Rivet's current track record, I'm going to remain cautious on this one.

• Like Like x 15
  6. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

So the RT update all the way down the list means the fix for the PZB bug on the Talent will be out next year the earliest? So a year more I will have to wait before being able to use content I paid for that worked before and is now broken? This is really ridiculous.

Good old times when the roadmap was actually useful and I believed in all the nice and promising things that were said on stream :( Big disappointment here unfortunately, especially when it comes to the preservation crew they have not delivered what was promised to us 1,5 years ago :(

• Like Like x 21
  7. TripleJ814

TripleJ814 Well-Known Member

This new roadmap design just sucks. Why not go back to the original one, where even in planning content was listed.

At this point why are you guys even still doing a roadmap? It’s practically useless now with this “new design”. Seems to me like y’all are going back to how it was in TSW 2020 days.

Also why is the Oakville Preservation update so far down the list, didn’t you guys say it was done already? QA excuse again? How long will it take? A year?

• Like Like x 38
  8. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

Any words on why there are no new DTG routes on this in the stream? I just can't believe you have no idea what the next routes after Harlem and Crewe - Liverpool will be. There is just no way you don't anything to put on the Roadmap for it. The idea of the new system is to put everything on the RM as soon as you have it, even if it is frustratingly little. But if you say that's what you're doing then you have to do that.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Choo choo

Choo choo Well-Known Member

"Horseshoe Curve has intentionally been moved down and can be found below the Swiss Route. After discussing with Skyhook Games, we were all in agreement that the route required more time to be at a standard we'd collectively like it to be."

I can't help but think this is pretty telling of the quality of the routes provided by 3rd parties so far.

• Like Like x 17
  10. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

they do say this order can change

• Like Like x 2
  11. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

The Roadmap tells us nothing. Please put it out of its misery lol.

• Like Like x 23
  12. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

I don't know how I feel about another Swiss route based on Rivet's previous attempt. Guess I’ll just have to wait and see

• Like Like x 1
  13. kurtosizm

kurtosizm Well-Known Member

Can someone please explain why these preservation crew updates are taking so long? I play a lot of indie games on Steam, and these small game dev teams can push out fixes sometimes on a daily basis. Why these kinds of updates are taking months if they're ready to be released already? Absolutely bonkers.

• Like Like x 22
  14. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Since the very first roadmap a year and a half ago, there hasn't been a single new loco dlc announced from DTG, so we're only left hoping that they didn't just completely abandon making them. I'd much prefer new locomotives instead of too-many-to-count new routes with limited rolling stock.

• Like Like x 35
  15. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

I agree

• Like Like x 2
  16. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

B4FE1135-290B-46D3-8333-256B81669A3B.jpeg
    What might the new Swiss route be ?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Exactly routes like Peninsula Corridor and Rhur-Sieg Nord are great collections.

• Like Like x 3
  18. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

They aren't going to release it until it meets the very high standards set by Arosalinie and WCL.

• Like Like x 2
  19. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

The answer is testing. Every change we make takes a significant amount of time to test, and the work done by the Preservation Crew is no exception. It's not simply a case of testing the "new stuff" we also have to ensure it doesn't break something else in the process. Given that all testing is conducted by the same team who do the existing route and release tests, game updates and they do that across 7 platforms there has been a bottleneck here that we're just starting to clear. Matt is working with the QA team to ensure that Preservation Crew updates, which historically been allowed to slip in the schedule, are given higher priority so that completed work can be released more quickly but this is not an overnight process.

• Like Like x 16
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  20. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Kinda disappointed that we don't get any update about the Upcoming Harlem Line, not even a screenshot at all, which is very disappointing. I thought by this time, they will already have something, maybe like a photo, but unfortunately not. The team could still have put a poster as the Roadmap picture, but instead use the Bakerloo Train that is Red, which we see much time already. Hopefully, they will talk more about the route and hopefully, we get the needed update to the preservation crew, which is really an update. Lastly I really do hope that we get something by Next week, for the Harlem Line. So far this is disappointing. :|:(:|:|

• Like Like x 8
  21. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Same am desperately waiting for some kind of update or at least screenshots for the Harlem Line. What worries me is that now they keep saying to White Plains. Isn't it supposed to be up to North White Plains? Those are 2 different stations.

• Like Like x 4
  22. gibsonaj1

gibsonaj1 Active Member

Why change a habit of a lifetime !!

23. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Someone posted this on twitter

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  24. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Just want the PS5 DLC limit fixing. Soon will be 5 months and still no fix released

• Like Like x 10
  25. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Give them time to develop it first, and why would they show pics if its not close to release yet, they've never done that in TSW2. Ik it might be annoying that u don't get any info yet but you will once there is something to share or if its close to release

• Like Like x 4
  26. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

This format is cumbersome.

• Like Like x 7
  27. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Thats iirc Sony that needs to fix that not DTG. DTG is working really close with Sony to fix that and iirc they're testing it

28. antony.henley

When DTG are READY to disclose the info they will.

Yeah Ditto.

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  29. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Oh yay a new Swiss route, I can't wa- oh... Rivet... nvm.

• Like Like x 4
  30. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Sorry, but these roadmap articles have gotten boring after the change two weeks ago. The new format feels like preventive damage control by no longer implying approximate time frames. The former “upcoming” section undeniably was a misleading bottleneck, but renaming that section to reflect the actual circumstances would have been a sufficient and transparent move. This new approach seems better suited for a quarterly round-up.

• Like Like x 18
  31. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

What I can see with the Swiss wrote it's probably a rack railway out of Luzerne the Brunig Bahn Riggenbach system or the Luzerne Belinzona line the Gotthard Bahn with the high speed trains and heavy freight taking the Gotthard Base Tunnel light freight up the spiral to Gösnochen Airolo.

• Like Like x 1
  32. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m with you on that. It’s hard to get excited or involved in discussion about new stuff knowing that I won’t be buying it until this is fixed. I don’t mind being patient for a while, and I have been, but this should have been treated with more urgency.

• Like Like x 8
  33. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Completely agree.

Honestly, I think we need a statement from DTG on this topic. If they have stopped making loco DLC, and/or if it's going to be solely the responsibility of 3rd parties, they should be honest about it.

• Like Like x 12
  34. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

So are timetable and layer updates (like the update to West Somerset a little while ago) still on the cards for the preservation crew?

• Like Like x 1
  35. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Should it be right for roadmap that is meant to give clarity but only provide country ?, I mean if the routes not even decided shouldn’t it not be added until it is ?

in a way it’s only one or 2 steps up from putting earth on it

• Like Like x 3
  36. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

A Rivet route for Switzerland, with speculation something around Luzern so unlikely to be mountainous. As with others sceptical and given I’m now on a “yellow” warning with Steam over refunds for unsatisfactory content, I won’t be rushing to buy until quality assured.

Also no evidence of another UK route other than Crewe to Liverpool for SOS which is months away. Would have liked to see another classic era diesel route along with filling in some of the motive power gaps.

• Like Like x 3
  37. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

Completely agree there is no point of doing another German route if all it has is another 143, 146 and 185 or UK one with just 377, 375 or 387

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  38. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Also zero time frame as to when to expect the much anticipated preserved updates, now only some semblance of an order.

That could mean next week, or in 5 months. … terrible

• Like Like x 8
  39. antony.henley

Rivett are on the social medai putting out teasers so perhaps go onto twitter or facebook and have a look?

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. antony.henley

What makes you think they havent decided and already started work on the new route?
    I think they know what the route is. They have posted teaser pictures on Social media.

regards

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  41. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

DTG seriously need to prioritise the Rapid transit PZB and the Sherman Hill and London Commuter Collectables fix, surely it can't be that difficult to fix, text these as separate updates

• Like Like x 8
  42. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Well, I for one am going to buck the mob and say I like the new Roadmap. It gives us more information, earlier, than the old one did, while avoiding the trap of appearing to promise too much.

And, frankly, I REALLY like the fact that it contains no dates, explicit or implied. DTG seem to have learned their lesson, and taken up Rockstar's approach: "You'll get it when you get it."
    ---------------------
    As for screenshots etc: those never come in roadmaps anyway. Those appear in separate articles.

• Like Like x 18
  43. clemenstrain Nr. 9036

clemenstrain Nr. 9036 Member

I like to guess the new track. An advantage of the new roadmap.

44. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Still hate this format - having to flick between different webpages on a smart phone to decipher what the Swiss Route codes meant is not fun. How hard would it be to just have added a brief detail to the roadmap stating its a 2011+ AC electric route? Come on guys we dont all know the codes off by heart here.

• Like Like x 7
  45. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Harlem Line will get screenshots as soon as it's ready for screenshots to be delivered. Routes will be added to the roadmap several months before they're ready to release.

• Like Like x 8
  46. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I never said they didn’t know which route but without the route name it also implies that information isn’t finalised and roadmaps should not be used as vague teasers but a place to get information

social media posts or articles are better places for teasing upcoming projects etc

• Like Like x 1
  47. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I was hoping for that on todays roadmap. So many routes have missing stock, which could be added.

• Like Like x 3
  48. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Going by this, this means that the UK will have no other route and/or DLC other than the SOS DLC, which is still months away?

Somehow I don’t think that is quite right, and I expect some form of British DLC to ‘unexpectedly’ appear at some point prior to SOS release. I find it hard to believe that DTG haven’t/aren’t working on anything else British related other than SOS.

• Like Like x 8
  49. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

It's not worth speculating now, Twitter has pretty much figured it out and A lot of detail and River's hints suggest it's Luzern-Zurich with Stadtler FLIRT EMU set in 2002.

• Like Like x 3
  50. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Much better they say nothing until 2 weeks before release, like they were doing?

If we get something vague like "Swiss Route," it means Rivet is working on a Swiss route. Are the details finalized? Probably not. If (as seems likely) it starts in Lucerne, they almost certainly know which line it is taken, probbly have started the terrain mapping and trackage, but may not yet have decided where it's going to stop. In which case there is nothing yet to report.

• Like Like x 7