Slow Ride

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by WVUadam, Jan 25, 2022.

Tags:
  1. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

West Cornwall Route

If anyone has managed to complete this scenario how did you do it.
    Because it never allows me to lay the ballast at 5mph and I don't see an indication of % I have left to unload.

I have reported the issue in the past suggested should use the slow speed set and yet it's still not fixed.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

erm what route is this scenario on

3. WVUadam

West Cornwall sorry

4. Knightfire1964

Ahh okay I have heard of this bug before not sure if rivet did anything about it though

5. WVUadam

Ah okay. It's almost like it's being swept under the carpet not bothered to fix the issue.
    Impression am getting now then.

6. Knightfire1964

yeah it took rivet forever to sort out stuff for arosa line

7. maz_62

maz_62 Active Member

I managed it albeit probably by accident. I started the ballast laying and when nothing seemed to happen reversed and went again. It completed a little further up the track so I’m unsure if it would have done this if I’d just carried on? Unfortunately I went through a red at the very end of the scenario so keep an eye out! Not had the heart to do it all again yet.

8. 5cip

5cip Active Member

i managed to arrive at the refuel station but...it seems bugged cant refuel the loco

im on the pc version

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
  9. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

I am working on this scenario on TSW3, and also had the issue of the 5mph ballast. I backed up and tried again which did the trick. I don't think its glitched but it you don't put enough ballast down it wont go any further! Its like when you dont fill up the coal wagons but in this case has no indicator of what you have put down. They really needed some sort of indicator for this to show otherwise you would never know how much you have left to do!

10. mcpetrus#4083

mcpetrus#4083 New Member

I also needed several attempts at the said point and finally managed it as follows:

After opening the hatches to dump the gravel and releasing the handbrake.. go into the rear cab and apply the brakes. this creates a "back pressure" and you can go back into the front cab.

Then set the power control to 5% and you will ride a constant 4.5 mph without major fluctuations.

Apparently the game doesn't trigger the breakpoint if you keep slowing down or even stopping altogether.

At least that's how it was on my first five attempts.

11. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

Ironically myself and my brother are not long about to sit down and record this for the channel (think it'll release September the 2nd on the channel)

We went no throttle on the ballast drop, let the downhill grad do the strain and when it got close to 5mph (around 4.5mph) apply the brakes to slow it a little and then release and repeat

When you get to the fuel part, I found that you got to be pinpoint accurate with it. If you are a millimetre short, it won't let you back in the cab. If you are a millmetre too far, it won't let you fuel the thing

Whilst I appreciate it is one of the most frustrating and infuriating scenarios on the WCL, when you get it done, it will be the most satisfying feeling (and then you remember that the steam scenarios are yet to be done haha)

Hopefully that helps you guys out